Arbroath v Partick Thistle

8 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Son?? Get a grip pal. We dominated second half. You're not at your best? Have a look at our recent results and see how good we've been.

Couldn’t care less how you’ve been, the reality is you’re 9 points behind , taken 1 point from us from 3 games. 

7 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Son?? Get a grip pal. We dominated second half. You're not at your best? Have a look at our recent results and see how good we've been.

Since we beat you 2-0 at Firhill in December, you've won 2, drawn 5 and lost 1 in the league (including tonight)

You call that good?

28 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Could have been 2-0 Arbroath at half time, but Thistle dominated in the 2nd half, thanks to the introduction of their sub Alegria and think a draw was a fair result.

Thats 5 games now without a win - we are missing Dowds, Nouble and Nicky Low.

Thought Bobby had a decent game in the first half and Hilson played well in the 2nd half.

Arbroath's defence were dependable and solid as always.

Needing to stamp our authority in midfield and start opening up further chances upfront.

9 games to go and sitting top of the league - very happy with that !

Tbf - 3 big players to miss. Dowds and Nouble were so good at holding the ball and running down the channels and of course the maestro with his left peg. All credit to where you still are.

You are not playing to previous high levels but you are not getting beat . All the teams in the race will get beat in the remaining games as the poorer teams have improved, and as the old saying goes every team can beat every team in that league. You have the best back 4 , so you may still win the league and are definite for at least the play- offs , which is truly remarkable..

I thought that was a livelier showing by us than of late.  Yes Thistle did press second half but there were chances we missed out on.  Look at the game stats  - we certainly didn't deserve to lose that.  Satisfied with a point

Perfect weather, a very decent crowd (1600+) and a noisy away support.   And Bobby Linn came so close to scoring twice in his testimonial week

Edited by farflung lichtie

Personally i thought we were utter guff tonight, sideways and backward passing being our speciality. We only started playing the ball forward and looking interested when we equalised. That Arbroath commentator was once again dreadful, i am sure he is away up the road tonight to pull his boabie over boabie, i mean he had a dinner and someone changed their hair in an auction hmmm maybe 30 times he said that, embarassing!

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That second half was, by a mile, the best we've played in ages. Very frustrating that the chance at the end fell to Holt and not basically anyone else who you'd back to score it. Couple of other decent chances as well, while Arbroath had very little, other than a header that went just wide.

I will say it shows the difference in Arbroath's forward line - I don't think the game turns out like that with Nouble and Dowds playing as they'd hold it up much, much more effectively that Wighton and Hamilton did. That's not to say those two aren't good players obviously, but it's a noticeable difference.

Alegria is a better player than MacIver, so that's something too. I thought Foster did well when he came on as well. And we're not fucking fifth anymore.

However, for all that the second half was good, the first half was a total disgrace. We simply can't have a repeat of that again.

What game were you watching? I think given the fact you said Jacubiak was amazing after a 10 minute cameo says all we need to know about your player judgements!

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Much better second half from us after being bossed in the first. Probably a result that Arbroath, Thistle and Killie will all be happy enough with.

Thought Alegria looked decent when he came on. A few nice touches and seems to have more to his game than McIver.

Actually wit? Nowhere near good enough, we will see who is right or wrong come the end of the season but i don't think he is that great tbh

24 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Couldn’t care less how you’ve been, the reality is you’re 9 points behind , taken 1 point from us from 3 games. 

22 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Since we beat you 2-0 at Firhill in December, you've won 2, drawn 5 and lost 1 in the league (including tonight)

You call that good?

Simmer down lads, that's the fucking point. 

19 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

You call that good?

I'm hoping that the point that was being made was that our recent results have not been good either.

The draw was a stick on considering recent form of both teams.

I personally didn’t hear anything other than (well placed) frustration and encouragement from the fans tonight. Maybe it was me as I was certainly vocal as were my friends.

Re the game - what a strange one that was. The first half was more like how we played early in the season. Taking the game to the opposition and keeping it on the ground. They couldn’t seem to cope with our energy and pace. Bobby Linn was having a field day down the right and everyone seemed really up for it. Really should have gone in 2 up.

Don’t know what happened at half time but after Linn’s good chance we started with the panicky hoofball again. No composure, no one putting a foot on the ball, Linn seemed to be terrified of going near Ricky Foster for some weird reason. Surely an ageing, pretty slow fullback should have been a dream to be running at.

Once the substitutions started then we lost our width and I knew a draw would be the most we would get. As I said in an earlier post - Luke Donnelly will not win games for you, all I remember him doing was try to slide a header into the corner instead of attacking it and not much else apart from getting muscled off the ball with ease. Hilson was marginally better but gave the ball away far too much.

We really can’t expect to be anywhere near the title if that’s the quality of our substitutions. IMO if we were trying to win, we needed to perhaps put Gold or Thomson in at right back and push Stewart up… or why not bring on Bakare as a straight swap for Linn. Also why not bring on Ford for Wighton and see how he worked playing with Hamilton?

It’s already been said but each substitution made us weaker and less of an attacking threat.

Must win on Saturday but I fear that Dunfermline are a different proposition than when we’ve played them previously.

Edited by Tattie36

25 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Tbf - 3 big players to miss. Dowds and Nouble were so good at holding the ball and running down the channels and of course the maestro with his left peg. All credit to where you still are.

You are not playing to previous high levels but you are not getting beat . All the teams in the race will get beat in the remaining games as the poorer teams have improved, and as the old saying goes every team can beat every team in that league. You have the best back 4 , so you may still win the league and are definite for at least the play- offs , which is truly remarkable..

100% Spot on.

7 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Actually wit? Nowhere near good enough, we will see who is right or wrong come the end of the season but i don't think he is that great tbh

Ross MacIver was nowhere near good enough. You may well end up being right about Alegria, but I saw more from him tonight than I did from MacIver in any game this season. Neat touches and link up play, and the ability to get into space on a tight pitch.

I don’t expect him to start banging in the goals but it wasn’t a bad start for a young guy who has never played at this level before.

28 minutes ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

What game were you watching? I think given the fact you said Jacubiak was amazing after a 10 minute cameo says all we need to know about your player judgements!

I didn’t say that though, did I? I said he looked a good player, but that I didn’t think he’d be much of a goal threat. I also said that I thought I’d love him after that, which I still might. 

Alegria looked very raw, but did a few decent things and looked better than MacIver. Not that that’s a high standard to reach. 

You’re going back onto ignore now.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I didn’t say that though, did I? I said he looked a good player, but that I didn’t think he’d be much of a goal threat. I also said that I thought I’d love him after that, which I still might. 

Alegria looked very raw, but did a few decent things and looked better than MacIver. Not that that’s a high standard to reach. 

You’re going back onto ignore now.

Yeah you did say that actually!

Snowflake, toys out the pram cause he cannot take a bit of criticism haha

Edited by The Firhill Frozen Pie

3 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

Alright, own up. Which one of you was this ?

Never happened. In Scotland we all know Partick Thistle are the balance of good in the  universe that negates the bad from Glasgow that is Celtic and Rangers. So they keep telling us though.

2 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Yeah you did say that actually!

Snowflake, toys out the pram cause he cannot take a bit of criticism haha

Snowflake is hands down one of the shitest attempts at a slagging. Up there with calling someone woke and thinking its in any way an insult.

An even shiter attempt at patter when its you thats spouting shite cause you cant think of any other reply to someone else's reasonable argument on a player's potential ability.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You call that good?

Certainly not. I was replying to the post that said Arbroath had been poor recently and that we could still not beat them. Our form is as poor as theirs currently.

7 hours ago, Smokerson said:

That's true , but for you to say we came into it a bit in the second half was nonsense. Nobody was questioning Arbroath pumping us otherwise.

After a great 1st half, that 2nd half was pretty poor and we ended up lucky getting out with a point.

Bobby Linn made a great showing on the wing. As much as I like Scott Stewart, there was a noticeable improvement in the quality of delivery from the wing (although Stewart put in a great ball for Donnelly in the 2nd half)

Wighton, who I've not been particularly impressed with, had his best game for us since returning (certainly in the first 45)

I think McCall outwitted Campbell a bit with his 2nd half subs. Alegria didn't do much but it certainly helped Brian Graham who ran our defence ragged in the 2nd half.