Arbroath v Partick Thistle

8 hours ago, Pat Boon said:

Son?? Get a grip pal. We dominated second half. You're not at your best? Have a look at our recent results and see how good we've been.

Watching as a neutral I don’t think either team played well enough to be able to say they dominated. At times it was like watching a game of volleyball, both teams struggled to play it on the ground. 
Arbroath better first half, Partick better in the second, overall a scrappy game with possession switching every other touch. Draw is about right. 

Happy enough with a point against a well organised and managed team who have not lost at home this season .Our lack of goal conversions continues to worry despite creating numerous chances .

Did the Bunnet get booked last night ? .Love listening to his post match musings, a man clearly happy with his lot and good luck to him .

25 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Happy enough with a point against a well organised and managed team who have not lost at home this season .Our lack of goal conversions continues to worry despite creating numerous chances .

Did the Bunnet get booked last night ? .Love listening to his post match musings, a man clearly happy with his lot and good luck to him .

The Sportsound commentator seemed to think DC had been booked.

His cheery pre-match interview on the radio was also a very enjoyable listen.  I hope he enjoys his round on the Old Course today!

Edited by VictorOnopko

31 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

We lost on the opening day against Caley

30 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The Sportsound commentator seemed to think DC had been booked.

His cheery pre-match interview on the radio was also a very enjoyable listen.  I hope he enjoys his round on the Old Course today!

Indeed,well deserved .

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Hard to tell from the stream, but looked like he might have said something to the referee which the referee didn’t like. 

Think that’s right, after yet another one of the referees terrible decisions.

I’m not suggesting the referee was worse for us than Thistle, he was just generally dreadful. Fouls for literally any contact and good strong challenges, for either team. I’m amazed there were no penalties or sending offs. The players should have realised how he was refereeing the game and tried to drive into the box at every opportunity. We did have one that looked a good shout.

Edited by Tattie36

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

What’s the lowest point total to win this league? Surely might get beaten this year?

St Johnstone in 08/09 with 65 points , discounting 19/20 & 20/21 when Dundee Utd (59 in 28) and Hearts (57 in 27) were on track for more than that if it had been 36 games.

The lowest in any league since the 10 team leagues were introduced in 94/95 (again discounting the last two seasons) is Raith in the 02/03 Second Division with 59 points. That was a ridiculously compact division where Stranraer got relegated with 44 points while Brechin were promoted with the worst defensive record: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002–03_Scottish_Second_Division

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Was that the Hamilton one not long before our equaliser?

I haven’t seen it back yet, but I thought we got away with one at the time. 

Yeah. Would like to see it back too as it looked like a penalty from the sea side terrace. Considering the way the referee was giving fouls for half as robust challenges and strong, clear ball winning tackles every where else on the pitch.

2 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

lost at home 1st day of season v ICT

40 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

St Johnstone in 08/09 with 65 points , discounting 19/20 & 20/21 when Dundee Utd (59 in 28) and Hearts (57 in 27) were on track for more than that if it had been 36 games.

The lowest in any league since the 10 team leagues were introduced in 94/95 (again discounting the last two seasons) is Raith in the 02/03 Second Division with 59 points. That was a ridiculously compact division where Stranraer got relegated with 44 points while Brechin were promoted with the worst defensive record: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002–03_Scottish_Second_Division

I remember that season well. I'm fairly sure that for most of the season Stranraer were our biggest rivals for promotion before they went on a horrible run of form.

We also tailed off badly and won the league with a game to spare having failed to get the win we needed to clinch the title in each of our previous 3 matches.

Watched the jagzone highlights, filmed from ground level so not great view of much. Didn't show the Arbroath penalty claim at all, and the chance Holt missed at the end was one where the unwritten rule that you can absolutely blooter an attacking player after he gets his shot away with no penalty applied to Gaston.

I think the only time I can remember in recent memory one of those being given was the 3-2 Scotland vs Israel where Gilmour got wiped out after he took a shot and Dykes missed the resultant pen.

Draw seemed fair enough based on the highlights but suspect a better result for Killie than either of the two teams playing.

4 hours ago, Pat Boon said:

Certainly not. I was replying to the post that said Arbroath had been poor recently and that we could still not beat them. Our form is as poor as theirs currently.

Apologies. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm in your previous post.

As everyone has said it was a game where Arbroath had the best of the first half and Thistle best of the second half. 

Wighton's clever flick of the ball over the defender's head in a crowded box set up Hammy to score our goal. Good to see Bobby starting, he gave us a bit more width and was unlucky not to score. Felt we needed a second before half time but it wasn't to be. Second half was when we really missed JT, Thistle had lots of time and space down our right and Bannigan made the most of it. Thought JT would have closed him down more than Stewart did. Feels like 2 points lost rather than 1 point gained but still on an unbeaten run.

That's two games in a row where we've lost our way in the second half and where subs had little or no influence on the game and that's a problem for the manager.

No point in keeping on about how we're missing Nouble, Dowds and Low. We need to make the best of the players we have available.