Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

Thing is, having the ‘my club is bigger than yours’ debate with anything other than tongue firmly in cheek is absolute virgin behaviour. 

Hearts and Aberdeen are similar sized clubs who outdo each other In Different ways depending on how you want to slice history (as can be seen over the last few pages). 

It’s a good competitive rivalry in Scottish football terms. I love beating hearts for that very reason. 

Just someone has got a bit excited here. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Speaking like a fan who's club hasn't won it for over 60 years despite claiming to be "big".  ;) 

It’s a pretty shite trophy. No European slot and diminished prestige. I wouldn’t swap one of the Scottish Cups I’ve seen is win to have lifted it. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

It’s a pretty shite trophy. No European slot and diminished prestige. I wouldn’t swap one of the Scottish Cups I’ve seen is win to have lifted it. 🤷‍♂️

I have seen Aberdeen win and lose both Scottish and league cup finals,the elation at winning and the disappointment at losing is the same.

The league cup is not a diddy cup just because your diddy team hasn't won it in 60 years

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Hearts went 40 years without winning anything until 1998.  I'm sure they would have loved a league cup or two in that period.

I wouldn't swap the Scottish Cup either but you still have to beat the best sides to win it.   I could see your point if it was played with the teams playing their rezzies but we know that ain't the case, it's part of the reason your teams struggled to win it. 

12 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I'm sure your 3 second tier titles are much more satisfying.

If you don't include league cup success or European success but include seaside league wins and include the 40 years previous to AFC** being established then hearts are more successful. You're clutching at a lot of straws here. Any more caveats needed?

5 relegations 😂😂😂😂😂 did they get relegated in big league era also?

It is quite embarrassing that you guys are above us this year though.

Afc**

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So it’ll ebb and flow nicely, end to end stuff, an intriguing tactical battle and likely be decided by an individual piece of brilliance? 

Something like that, yes.