Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

13 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

“Since 1960”… nothing even slightly selective about that. 🤣

Aberdeen have been utter garbage for the vast majority of their existence. 

It doesn’t matter how you try and dress it all up, AFC are a shit wee club who fluked a great manager and skewed their history and achievements off the back of it.

The rest of Aberdeen’s history is that of a silly wee club with a future of 10k home crowds max.

You had your chance after years of being utter garbage. You win a league cup. We move on… good luck. 😎

I’ve seen Hearts win the Scottish Cup three times, and finish second once in the selective period you cite. I’ve also seen us compete in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, and finish third back to back seasons.

Aberdeen should have been relegated at least once in that time. 

Aberdeen are really quite tragic, and their desperate attempts to suck up to Hibs make them even funnier. 😎

What the hell is the matter with you? This obsession with Aberdeen is really not good for you.

12 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Oh I don’t know. We did pretty well in the 1950s and the first part of the 60s. In my own lifetime we have won the Scottish Cup in my teens, twenties and thirties, and we have a vastly better record than your team in the league. In my lifetime Aberdeen had a wee brief spell in the eighties, and an underwhelming run this century that has just ended. 🤷‍♂️

Are you seriously saying that you are in your forties?

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What the hell is the matter with you? This obsession with Aberdeen is really not good for you.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Are you seriously saying that you are in your forties?

So much anger over words on a screen. Joseph, high blood pressure is a killer. Calm yourself. I appreciate that the spectre of inevitable decline is back after a brief purple patch and a League Cup, but you shouldn’t let it consume you.

In the spirit of graciousness, I bid you good luck. 👍

13 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

So much anger over words on a screen. Joseph, high blood pressure is a killer. Calm yourself. I appreciate that the spectre of inevitable decline is back after a brief purple patch and a League Cup, but you shouldn’t let it consume you.

In the spirit of graciousness, I bid you good luck. 👍

Are you in your forties?

Aberdeen have been so kind this season. We have given teams their first home win of the season, their first away win of the season, their first win of the season. We have given strikers their first goal of the season.

Surely it’s payback time. We’re looking for our first league win of the year, so I’m asking those nice folk at Hearts to be kind to us on Wednesday. Thank you very much.

37 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Its not just your club - he is all over any Hibs thread as well and you cant have a sensible debate with him.

There are decent Hearts fans but the odd one (like him) who posts like a bairn.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Its not just your club - he is all over any Hibs thread as well and you cant have a sensible debate with him.

This from the Hibs fan on a Hearts thread who’s idea of witty is gifs. I actually think you “follow” my posts, as you are always there when I post, regardless of topic. Now THAT is weird and obsessive. 

Edited by Kyle Reese

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

This from the Hibs fan on a Hearts thread who’s idea of witty is gifs. I actually think you “follow” my posts, as you are always there when I post, regardless of topic. Now THAT is weird and obsessive. 

It's an open forum, any one is allowed to post on any topic.

So it’ll ebb and flow nicely, end to end stuff, an intriguing tactical battle and likely be decided by an individual piece of brilliance? 

I suppose I didn’t state which thread it would match…

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That’s the thing, he does post like an adolescent, but he’s already said in this thread that Hearts won the cup when he was in his thirties so he must either be 40 now or later this spring. Not surprisingly he won’t admit it.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's an open forum, any one is allowed to post on any topic.

Indeed. Hence why I post on other threads. Apparently though, that’s not allowed according to Leith Green whom I assume is a moderator. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That’s the thing, he does post like an adolescent, but he’s already said in this thread that Hearts won the cup when he was in his thirties so he must either be 40 now or later this spring. Not surprisingly he won’t admit it.

Why would you want to know my age? That in itself is creepy. I don’t care how old you are for example, even though your output is that of a teenager, if I was to guess.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

@kingjoey should I tell him your real age? 

I wouldn't really care in all honesty. that's the thing isn't it? It's a football forum and it is populated by a bunch of folk who probably spend far longer than is healthy talking about football online. Some of the folk who are getting all animated and frustrated by me, are not exactly gripping reading themselves. Leith Green has never said anything funny or insightful in the time I've been here for example, not one occasion. Yet there he is following me around commenting every time I post. King Joey? Hardly a fascinating and mature master of prose or wisdom. It's a football forum FFS. Even the lad that was spamming the thread with smilies and wee stars, at least he's not trying to make out he's some kind of top bard of the football forum world. Sheesh, some folk need to get over themselves a wee bit IMO. 

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think he knows revealing his real age will make him look even more of a clown than he already has.

He's either 40 odd in which case his posting content and style suggests someone with some serious problems. Or (as i suspect) he's about 19/20 and is pretending to be 40 to get the old "i've seen 3 cup wins" in.

Either way he clearly needs his mum to cut off his internet access for a few days so he can calm down.

If Aberdeen somehow pull a win off in this one I think he's going to have a breakdown.

Edited by afc_blockhead

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Its almost like P&B is a message board for fans of all clubs..............

Think Simon Rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Indeed, yet apparently I'm all over Hibs threads much to your chagrin. Maybe if you took me off follow, and popped me back on ignore, then you wouldn't feel the need to comment on my every post? Happy to offer you any other life advice mate, it seems like you need it.