Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

18 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’ve also seen us compete in the group stages of the UEFA Cup, and finish third back to back seasons.

Have you ever seen your team actually get through the group stages of a European group though?

4 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Have you ever seen your team actually get through the group stages of a European group though?

Sadly not. What a fantastic achievement that would be, and one that I seriously doubt any non-OF SPFL club would manage nowadays without massive investment. Football has changed a lot in recent decades, and unless we find a way of catching up, then there is not much chance of any of us seeing such glory days again. Quarter finals of the UEFA Cup is the best I can lay claim to, no groups then of course.

Edited by Kyle Reese

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Who's that lying at Pittodrie....

It was strange to hear the Celtic support sing that.  

There’s a ‘song’ about the bombing of the Brighton hotel I think that have heard on a bus to a game which is very similar so I’m thinking it was more likely to be that but tbh have never heard it being sung in a crowd at the football.

15 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I think finishing third back to back would probably put it in the shade, tbh.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That certainly would be an amazing achievement. 

Deserving of praise certainly. When was it? 2006 ish? Sadly a lot has changed since then, and I couldn't see it being repeated about fifteen years later.

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Deserving of praise certainly. When was it? 2006 ish? Sadly a lot has changed since then, and I couldn't see it being repeated about fifteen years later.

The Conference probably makes it slightly more of a possibility again these days - and provided one of the top three win the Scottish Cup, Hearts are already a shoey-in to be in the group stages of that next season (assuming you don't win the Europa League play-off match).

For all our glory days, which I have learned from reading from Hearts fans here was just some massive strange fluke, the dandies in 07/08 remain the only Scots side (bigot brothers apart) to actually get through a European group.  Other clubs would want a star for that !

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The Conference probably makes it slightly more of a possibility again these days - and provided one of the top three win the Scottish Cup, Hearts are already a shoey-in to be in the group stages of that next season (assuming you don't win the Europa League play-off match).

For all our glory days, which I have learned from reading from Hearts fans here was just some massive strange fluke, the dandies in 07/08 remain the only Scots side (bigot brothers apart) to actually get through a European group.  Other clubs would want a star for that !

I don't know, maybe. Hearts have been a bit unlucky with the play-offs and final qualifying matches for European competition prior to our administration, and the one occasion since then we were simply crap. Most recently before our awful exit under Robbie last time, we were drawn against Liverpool and Spurs, before that Dinamo Zagreb. The key thing for whomever gets the third/Scottish Cup place this season, is the safety net of the conference. Even then though, they will be up against it in the group I suspect. Best chance is to take the money and use it to build again and hopefully get the same again the season after. Build year on year in a sustainable way, and eventually the cash will start to make a difference to the sort of players that club can attract.

Edited by Kyle Reese

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

There’s a ‘song’ about the bombing of the Brighton hotel I think that have heard on a bus to a game which is very similar so I’m thinking it was more likely to be that but tbh have never heard it being sung in a crowd at the football.

I have a season ticket right by the fence. It was definitely the Simmie song. There was plenty IRA shite as well obviously. 

37 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I have a season ticket right by the fence. It was definitely the Simmie song. There was plenty IRA shite as well obviously. 

The Dirty Protesters there, then?

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

It was the “who’s that lying on Pittodrie...” ditty.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was the “who’s that lying on Pittodrie...” ditty.

It's not the first time they've sung it. They must think that just because we hate the ****, we might have some sort of bond. They can't realise how much we fucking hate them as well.

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think the thread has been quite illuminating, tbfairlyhwy

It taught me very little I didn't already know about our illustrious adversaries in this upcoming festival of football iiagoingtbqhwy.

I do hear there is some talk of the Tennent 6 sixes making a comeback, that may well quell the seethe from some supporters of the 32 times Roseberry Charity Cup winners looking to add to their honours list.

Anyway, Into these diet *** c***s.

1-2 the big team.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Any recommendations for a good pub before the match tomorrow? The Tynecastle Arms rings a bell as to somewhere I’ve been before, but can’t be sure.

I’ll be in the Roseburn

Just read all 11 pages of this thread, absolutely livid with myself 

24 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'll be long gone I reckon so I'll never get to see it :(

Doubt it you are 13 are you not etc amirite… eh… eh.

(sorry couldn’t resist after today).