Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There was a bunch of wee kids sitting in the new, unfinished stand...

Is this you having a go at something that you hopeless peasants can only dream about. an actual new stand?

14 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Since the compliance officer seemingly forgot about diving after Jamie Walker got banned for a dive against Celtic I'll presume Ferguson will get away with his cheating,  but good to see it go unrewarded during the game.

Stonewaller, insert amusing post. 

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Not long in from the match and I’ve had a chance to watch the highlights from Sportscene. I heard Neilson’s after match interview in the car, and boy, was that a bitter and twisted interview from a manager who had comfortably won a match 2-0. There was definitely a touch on Ferguson in the box, but like the United guy on Saturday, he embellished it a tad. At the time, because it was at the other end, I had no idea what Gallagher’s goal was disallowed for, and having watched it now I still have no idea what it was disallowed for. Strange that Neilson didn’t mention that incident. I take it that Neilson has been taking lessons on how to celebrate a win against Aberdeen from the Livi fans on P&B.

Ferguson definitely gets caught, I’m actually surprised it was given as it looks like a dive because he delays going down half a second. 

He obviously does go down himself but he was caught, no doubt about it. 

on the commentary they mentioned our goal might have been disallowed for offside but don’t really get that either. 

5 hours ago, red23 said:

hopefully in the next 2 years we can finish in a european spot again around 3rd or 4th, so we can call for our managers head. we're entitled to better than that.

Have you just blocked out the Derek McInnes era?

6 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Since the compliance officer seemingly forgot about diving after Jamie Walker got banned for a dive against Celtic I'll presume Ferguson will get away with his cheating,  but good to see it go unrewarded during the game.

You are Robbie Neilson and I claim my free lemon.

Hearts were in complete control of that game. I was surprised by how much, after the last time we played them. A far more one sided contest than I expected. Referee was hopeless. 

Aberdeen are just nine points above the play off spot, and unless Goodwin suddenly finds something to turn their awful  form/performances around, I think they will finish 11th.

Edited by Kyle Reese

32 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Hearts were in complete control of that game. I was surprised by how much, after the last time we played them. A far more one sided contest than I expected. Referee was hopeless. 

I completely agree with you, so why was your manager concentrating on asking the authorities to go after one of the opposition players who had his foot kicked in the box, rather than praising his players for their domination of the game in his after match interview? Strange behaviour.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I completely agree with you, so why was your manager concentrating on asking the authorities to go after one of the opposition players who had his foot kicked in the box, rather than praising his players for their domination of the game in his after match interview? Strange behaviour.

Because it was a blatant dive and could've gave you an undeserved foothold on the game.

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ferguson dived though. If there was any contact (I’m far from convinced there was) then it wasn’t enough to cause him to throw himself to the ground with his limbs outstretched. We have just come out of a poor run ourselves and we were dominating that game through quick attacking football. Ferguson diving to cheat a penalty could have swung the game in Aberdeen’s favour. Bear in mind Neilson was a rightback by trade, he will have been in the receiving end of those sort of decisions plenty times. I don’t blame him for being angry about it.

Ferguson dived though. If there was any contact (I’m far from convinced there was) then it wasn’t enough to cause him to throw himself to the ground with his limbs outstretched. We have just come out of a poor run ourselves and we were dominating that game through quick attacking football. Ferguson diving to cheat a penalty could have swung the game in Aberdeen’s favour. Bear in mind Neilson was a rightback by trade, he will have been in the receiving end of those sort of decisions plenty times. I don’t blame him for being angry about it.

It’s just a ploy to help him appeal to the permanently angry middle aged man demographic amongst the hearts support which has so far stubbornly refused to back him even at times when everybody else has been on board

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s just a ploy to help him appeal to the permanently angry middle aged man demographic amongst the hearts support which has so far stubbornly refused to back him even at times when everybody else has been on board

I think this is more likely. 

All a bit unnecessary really. Bottom line is we took a doing last night and we should rightly be embarrassed. 

FWIW hearts were probably better than I’d previously given them credit for this season, Kingsley in particular is better than this level. Doesn’t change the fact we were hopelessly bad 

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Could be this too, I suppose. 😄

This chilled and laid back middle aged man backs him on the penalty comments though. 

Going to go against fellow Dons fans here and admit Ferguson dived for the penalty. There was contact but it was clearly not enough to bring him down so he threw himself to the ground and that’s a dive as far as I am concerned. It was the same with United’s penalty on Saturday. Player clearly exaggerated the contact. We did however get a perfectly good goal chopped off. As others have said could not see at the game why it was ruled out and am none the wiser after seeing the highlights. 

We were rotten and got exactly what we deserved from the game last night. The Glass experiment has set us back a fair way. If it were not for Dundee and St Johnstone being so pish I would have us as nailed on for relegation.