Cove v Peterhead

On 08/03/2022 at 10:17, Bluetoon said:

I'm not expecting us to be in the Championship, nor do I think any club has any given right to be in that division, but we have to show some kind of ambition to keep us in the 3rd tier and compete for those play-off places each year as we were under Neale Cooper. 

PFC under Neale Cooper for 3 years came 5th then 4th (out in the semi-finals as outclassed by Airdrie) and were relegated the follwing year in 10th.

Edited by TOONSER

1 hour ago, TOONSER said:

PFC under Neale Cooper for 3 years came 5th then 4th (out in the semi-finals as outclassed by Airdrie) and were relegated the follwing year in 10th.

PFC under Jim Mcinally lost  play-offs to play in the Championship in season 2012/13, won the title the following season 2013/14, lost play-offs again in 2015/16 and were then relegated in 2016/2017 after losing the play-offs. We again lost a Championship play-off in 2017/18 before being promoted as champions to Division 1 in 2018/19. Have we progressed since the late Neale Cooper was in charge?

Edited by Balmoor Boy

Guest Bluetoon
1 hour ago, TOONSER said:

But the point is, Cooper had us 5th after he took over from Steve Paterson, the as you say 4th then 5th, then was dismissed following a poor season. I'd much rather be for Play-off's than where we are at at the minute. And explain this to me; Iain Stewart - sacked poor form, Steve Paterson - sacked poor form, Neale Cooper - sacked poor form, John Sheran - sacked poor form, if all these guys were sacked because the chairman believed changed was needed, why has Jim McInally been allowed TWICE to languish in this League?

3 hours ago, Bluetoon said:

But the point is, Cooper had us 5th after he took over from Steve Paterson, the as you say 4th then 5th, then was dismissed following a poor season. I'd much rather be for Play-off's than where we are at at the minute. And explain this to me; Iain Stewart - sacked poor form, Steve Paterson - sacked poor form, Neale Cooper - sacked poor form, John Sheran - sacked poor form, if all these guys were sacked because the chairman believed changed was needed, why has Jim McInally been allowed TWICE to languish in this League?

Only the Board can explain that one but would hazard a guess those decisions were based on budget. Big budget/big expectations, small budget/league survival minimum and anything else a bonus. Would think that now the last two covid years are hopefully behind us that the club would be looking to build again on a perhaps larger budget but that's only providing they are more financially stable. There was a Facebook post a while back saying the Chairman called in a few favours to help finance the club while no spectators or hospitality so if they can stay up then could maybe be better off going into next season given the cup run would have added some funds to the coffers. 
Lots of talk of just "sacking" Mcinally, he's been in that job for ten years - how easy do you think it is to sack someone after that length of service? Would think there would be financial implications as well as moral ones.

52 minutes ago, TOONSER said:

Only the Board can explain that one but would hazard a guess those decisions were based on budget. Big budget/big expectations, small budget/league survival minimum and anything else a bonus. Would think that now the last two covid years are hopefully behind us that the club would be looking to build again on a perhaps larger budget but that's only providing they are more financially stable. There was a Facebook post a while back saying the Chairman called in a few favours to help finance the club while no spectators or hospitality so if they can stay up then could maybe be better off going into next season given the cup run would have added some funds to the coffers. 
Lots of talk of just "sacking" Mcinally, he's been in that job for ten years - how easy do you think it is to sack someone after that length of service? Would think there would be financial implications as well as moral ones.

What you are really saying is that because McInally is part of the furniture at Balmoor, he cannot be sacked no matter how bad our performances are or league position we are in!! Recently Stephen Glass was sacked at Aberdeen for poor results by none other than his friend and Chairman Dave Cormack, which just goes to show that there is no sentiment in football. I have spoken to many fans like myself who won't be back until there are changes made at Balmoor. 

Guest Bluetoon
16 hours ago, TOONSER said:

Not sure what you mean by financial implications as I'm sure Jim and his team would be on year contracts, thus meaning when the season is finished he'd be out of contract anyway. Plus, just because he's been there for more than 10 years doesn't automatically mean he should have a job for life, that counterproductive.