Wordle2

4 hours ago, mathematics said:

I’m getting a security issue with that site. Anyone have similar?

It's had to remove itself from any links with New York Times. It's come up for me with a different layout, although I did it at about 12.15 at lunchtime and the answer is the same now. I didn't get any security issues with it. 

28 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Tried it again. All good.

Was still Wordle2 when I did it just after midday. I see it’s changed now. Whatever .  .  . we all (those that can be bothered playing it) know it as Wordle2.  It’s definitely the most difficult for me. There’s a huge difference between thinking ‘5’ and’6’. 

2 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Was still Wordle2 when I did it just after midday. I see it’s changed now. Whatever .  .  . we all (those that can be bothered playing it) know it as Wordle2.  It’s definitely the most difficult for me. There’s a huge difference between thinking ‘5’ and’6’. 

Not wanting to appear more intelligent than I am, but I thought that too until I started playing it. But I find it about the same as Wordle, but takes slightly longer between moves to think out the possibilities. 

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not wanting to appear more intelligent than I am, but I thought that too until I started playing it. But I find it about the same as Wordle, but takes slightly longer between moves to think out the possibilities. 

Sedo, Octo etc, you just get into a 5 letter rhythm.
Christ, an (alleged) adult thinking in 5 letter rhythms, what has my life descended into?

37 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

You had the same problem with Wordle when NYT took it over iirc, keeping the same tab open. My problem with 2 is I seem to know too many seven letter words that obviously won't fit, but I don't find it more difficult than the original. Thing that gets me is the number of players who get Wordle in 2 or 3 goes, I can't get past pure luck.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You had the same problem with Wordle when NYT took it over iirc, keeping the same tab open. My problem with 2 is I seem to know too many seven letter words that obviously won't fit, but I don't find it more difficult than the original. Thing that gets me is the number of players who get Wordle in 2 or 3 goes, I can't get past pure luck.

Wordle IS pure luck if you’re first guess is close. I randomise the first guess. Some days lucky, some days not. If it was a crap daytime TV quiz show with a clock ticking I’d be shite at it. Usually takes me 5 minutes. Sometimes 2. Sometimes 20. Bottom line, it’s just a fun wee distraction. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been waking up to ‘Life On Mars’ as an earworm.  Duh, just realised where it’s coming from. 

2 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been waking up to ‘Life On Mars’ as an earworm.  Duh, just realised where it’s coming from. 

Sorry. Actually no, I’m not sorry. Since the very first time I heard it in 1973 it has been my favourite song ever and always will be. Genius.