I am hoping for a Far better performance than the last game.

The very least you expect in a game against Ayr is desire and fight for the full 90mins . Sadly that we didn't get the last time out.

The wrong (lightweight) midfield and a shaky defence certainly didn't help.

It isnt a coincidence that Killie's form has picked up since then with the reintroduction of McGinn and Alston 

Add McKenzie into the mix and Im hopeful that we wont be over run in that department this time.

Just leaves the defence as a problem due to the roasting they got from the Big sub the last game.

I do hope Ash Taylor is fit as we would do with him against what looked like a very able centre forward

In any case I am Pretty sure McGowan or Naismith  wont be anywhere near the lineup if we can help it.

Reading this back I do seem to be using the word hope a hell of a lot lol

27 minutes ago, Killie for the cup said:

I am hoping for a Far better performance than the last game.

The very least you expect in a game against Ayr is desire and fight for the full 90mins . Sadly that we didn't get the last time out.

The wrong (lightweight) midfield and a shaky defence certainly didn't help.

It isnt a coincidence that Killie's form has picked up since then with the reintroduction of McGinn and Alston 

Add McKenzie into the mix and Im hopeful that we wont be over run in that department this time.

Just leaves the defence as a problem due to the roasting they got from the Big sub the last game.

I do hope Ash Taylor is fit as we would do with him against what looked like a very able centre forward

In any case I am Pretty sure McGowan or Naismith  wont be anywhere near the lineup if we can help it.

Reading this back I do seem to be using the word hope a hell of a lot lol

I do find it strange that Killie fans were moaning about their central midfield options under Wright, only for McInness to come in and immediately try to improve it - only to revert back to the previous options pretty quickly. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I do find it strange that Killie fans were moaning about their central midfield options under Wright, only for McInness to come in and immediately try to improve it - only to revert back to the previous options pretty quickly. 

Yes you are correct we were moaning about the lack of creativity,

but they certainly didn't lack effort and fight.

I was hopeful McInnes would have brought in at least one player with both qualities but sadly he went for youthful creativity and sadly they just haven't worked ,

But at least he recognises his mistakes and has reverted back to a more dogged experienced midfield trio with creativity coming from the wings more now that F Murray seems to have hit a bit of form again.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Good coaching can improve players. Look at Killie pre and post Steve Clarke with the same players…

14 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Lucky for us it’s the manager who picks the side and coaches them and not the fans.

On 06/03/2022 at 19:17, Superhursy7 said:
On 06/03/2022 at 17:36, Jack_Jarvis said:
It does seem that the novelty of a visit to the dump is wearing off for many of the new generation of Killie fans, while we will bring a bigger support than any other team I don’t think as many are feeling it’s value for money.
Still let’s hope it’s a decent game in decent weather, an away victory hopefully to put some pressure on the Dick Campbell Cavalcade. 

Don't disparage the good name of Sir Glen Campbell, a well known celebrity fan if the the super!

There’s always one falls right in there 😏

41 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Lucky for us it’s the manager who picks the side and coaches them and not the fans.

Ah but it's the fans who pick the manager according to Tommy Wright

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8535097/kilmarnock-sacking-tommy-wright-management/

47 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Ah but it's the fans who pick the manager according to Tommy Wright

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8535097/kilmarnock-sacking-tommy-wright-management/

If he’d kept the fans onside instead of baiting and sarcastically gesturing to them he maybe would’ve got his wish. No way back once he’d alienated the very people he was there to provide success for (along with the board).

Anyway, we’ve definitely turned a corner with largely the same starting eleven as he had available with a better coaching staff, and a guy who just seems to “get” Killie. The additions of Taylor & Lafferty have provided experience and quality compared to McGowan & Shaw. 

33 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Anyway, we’ve definitely turned a corner with largely the same starting eleven as he had available with a better coaching staff, and a guy who just seems to “get” Killie. 

What do you mean? Does this mean he knows what 'heart of our homeland' actually means? 🤔

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:
1 hour ago, yorkshirepud said:
More like "arsehole of the county" if you ask me.

One of Kenny Roger's lesser known hits.

"He was only 10 years old when his daddy died in prison" certainly sounds like a Killie ballad.