Vale of Leithen

8 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Think there’s maybe one or two other current LL Clubs looking at a similar path that’s now been taken by the VoL

I reckon Edinburgh Uni will settle around Division 1 in the EoS, they won't free fall as hard. They usually manage to put put a decent team, just seems this season has been a bit of a nightmare. 

Dalbeattie and Gretna? We still haven't had it confirmed what league they will be playing in so time will tell.

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I reckon Edinburgh Uni will settle around Division 1 in the EoS, they won't free fall as hard. They usually manage to put put a decent team, just seems this season has been a bit of a nightmare. 

Dalbeattie and Gretna? We still haven't had it confirmed what league they will be playing in so time will tell.

Bizarrely Gretna return to the EoS. 
Dalbeattie sensibly return to SoS

2 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Bizarrely Gretna return to the EoS. 
Dalbeattie sensibly return to SoS

They should both be going West... 

I can't see Gretna bring allowed to go to the East. That only happened as it was 1 of 2 very poor options at the time for them

Edited by Spyro

1 minute ago, Man from the East said:

The way I read it, you return to your parent Association. I believe that Gretna 2008 are members of the EoSFA 

That's what most of us are led to believe... but nothing has been 100% officially confirmed yet. Which I find very strange

5 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

The way I read it, you return to your parent Association. I believe that Gretna 2008 are members of the EoSFA 

Still South of Scotland for Gretna 2008. The only change last summer was Broomhill switching to a WoSFL with the move to Cumbernauld.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Still South of Scotland for Gretna 2008. The only change last summer was Broomhill switching to a WoSFL with the move to Cumbernauld.

I hope that’s the decision.

The potential travel for some clubs would have been unfair. 
Nice big stand at their ground - 750 or more. Unfortunately when I recently visited, each individual fan had around 100 seats to themselves. 
Seems to be a challenge getting the fans to attend.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Where are you finding this? 

Makes sense, just can't remember seeing it anywhere apart from hear'say on here

16 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Where are you finding this? 

Makes sense, just can't remember seeing it anywhere apart from hear'say on here

All the leagues have contact information. The time it takes to write out the question on there or on a forum is the same. Just the wait for a reply is a little longer in comparison. At least then you're getting it from the horse's mouth.

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

All the leagues have contact information. The time it takes to write out the question on there or on a forum is the same. Just the wait for a reply is a little longer in comparison. At least then you're getting it from the horse's mouth.

I find it strange that a registered EOSFA CLUB then play in the WoSFL.

Thats like being in one political party and voting for the other.

Thinking there’s an ethics question to be answered on this one. 

Just now, Man from the East said:

I find it strange that a registered EOSFA CLUB then play in the WoSFL.

Thats like being in one political party and voting for the other.

Thinking there’s an ethics question to be answered on this one. 

When there was just the SoS & EoS. Gretna 2008 & EKFC were both members of the EoSFA, but would be relegated to the South.

There's now the instance of Caledonian Braves being a member of the SCFA (EOSFA equivalent) and even have a second team in the South league. Yet the Lowland side would be relegated to the WoSFL.

As with most things in Scottish football, it's not an issue until it becomes an issue.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nope, not seeing it... 

Gretna 2008 are listed under the East of Scotland's list of clubs on their website though 

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Nope, not seeing it... 

Gretna 2008 are listed under the East of Scotland's list of clubs on their website though 

https://slfl.co.uk/contact-us/

https://www.eosfl.com/contact/1021

https://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/contacts

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/contacts.html

Gretna 2008 are there because they are a EoSFA member. Same reason they had East Kilbride before they withdrew, and still have Hearts, Hibs, & Kelty in there.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://slfl.co.uk/contact-us/

https://www.eosfl.com/contact/1021

https://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/contacts

https://www.wosfl.co.uk/contacts.html

Gretna 2008 are there because they are a EoSFA member. Same reason they had East Kilbride before they withdrew, and still have Hearts, Hibs, & Kelty in there.

So no official document or press release on their site stating when each club will go, we all need to email them individually and ask? 

Why the secret? You would think destination of the relegated team(s) would be something that was made clear to supporters if its already sorted?

I'm not the only one who would like to know. I'm really not that bothered to email them to ask though, just thought it would be public knowledge and easily accessable

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So no official document or press release on their site stating when each club will go, we all need to email them individually and ask? 

Why the secret? You would think destination of the relegated team(s) would be something that was made clear to supporters if its already sorted?

I'm not the only one who would like to know. I'm really not that bothered to email them to ask though, just thought it would be public knowledge and easily accessable

You don't have to email them individually. You could just ask the Lowland League.

There's no official statement, because even if there was it would get lost amongst the months of other updates.

It's also not like there's any shocking surprises to it, despite the speculation. It's based on geography.

26 minutes ago, Spyro said:

27 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Don’t think that’s the sort of Dear John,,,,, letter that id like to write ‘ Hi, I’m just wondering what league you’ll be relegated into?’ 
Can’t see them queueing up to respond.😅🤣

Designated Leagues for each SLFL club in event of relegation

The meeting decided which League each SLFL club would go to if it was to be relegated at the end of season 2022/23.

To the East of Scotland Football League: Berwick Rangers, Bo’ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh University, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Spartans, Tranent Juniors and University of Stirling.

To the South of Scotland Football League: Dalbeattie Star and Gretna 2008.

To the West of Scotland Football League: Caledonian Braves, Cumbernauld Colts, East Kilbride and Open Goal Broomhill

Just 1 point separated Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh City in the 1st season of the Lowland League back in 2013-2014. Not even 10 years later and could be 4 divisions between them. 

Losing almost every week for best part of 3-4 seasons will put any casual support off coming and struggle to get in players, committee and management if just a negative vibe around the place. 

Even if Vale of Leithen only spent say £30,000-50,000 on floodlights/ licensing after help from council and grants etc that would be a significant amount of their playing budget and may even still be paying some of it back.Screenshot_20230317-000451.thumb.jpg.58c60ef64005d8b83f19387219e53721.jpg

10 hours ago, Shannon said:

Just 1 point separated Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh City in the 1st season of the Lowland League back in 2013-2014. Not even 10 years later and could be 4 divisions between them. 

Losing almost every week for best part of 3-4 seasons will put any casual support off coming and struggle to get in players, committee and management if just a negative vibe around the place. 

Even if Vale of Leithen only spent say £30,000-50,000 on floodlights/ licensing after help from council and grants etc that would be a significant amount of their playing budget and may even still be paying some of it back.Screenshot_20230317-000451.thumb.jpg.58c60ef64005d8b83f19387219e53721.jpg

Decline happens relatively easily, difficult to stop