Cowdownbeath vs Forfar Pathetic

The thing about the lack of subs that truly baffles me is that one week someone will play 90, next week they won’t even get on. There’s no method behind it,it seems. Bollan just kept playing the same 11 players but Ross mixes it up in the starting XI, yet rarely makes changes to positively influence a game. 

Also, how many players have we signed? Our squad seems to be huge.

Positives: Buchanan was good and worked his arse off, he has to start every week. Dunn looked good in a back 3. Not much else. 

Crazy Barrowman and Coulson got about 90 minutes with so many options on the bench. 

We've won but I don't know how, we were second best and played no football. Hoof after hoof and try and win free kicks. Our deliveries were largely poor, until it mattered.

Cowdenbeath were the better side but rarely looked dangerous. Both first half goals came from mistakes and we scored with our only shot on targets that I remember.

13 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Also, the majority of Cowden fans were class, chatted and friendly. However, the boy who came out with "ponce", "poof" and "shirtlifter", have a word with yourself

The Forfar fan in the old stand second half was funny. He kept just shouting "come on Forfar" almost every 5 to 10 seconds.

Felt Cowden at least matched Forfar over the 90. Sometimes get the impression that’s the main objective though. Marooned at the bottom, have more of a go the last 30 mins. Not exactly much to lose. 
I know some boys like him but Todd really has to be dropped. Panicked to give away the corner for the goal, and has had far too many ‘moments’.

Have also said this for 2/3 years but a midfield contains both Miller and Buchanan at the same time is going to struggle. 

Kyle Hutton 🤣🤣 No wonder Forfar have gone off the boil recently.

15 minutes ago, big al said:

Felt Cowden at least matched Forfar over the 90. Sometimes get the impression that’s the main objective though. Marooned at the bottom, have more of a go the last 30 mins. Not exactly much to lose. 
I know some boys like him but Todd really has to be dropped. Panicked to give away the corner for the goal, and has had far too many ‘moments’.

Have also said this for 2/3 years but a midfield contains both Miller and Buchanan at the same time is going to struggle. 

Yeah. It was crying out for changes with 30 minutes to go, if not at half time. If we had brought on the likes of Swann (in an attacking midfield role) and Ompreon and gave the new guy a chance as well, instead of the last few minutes when it's too late, then we may have won. Ferguson, if not injured, should start in the middle. Instead, we keep it the same and surprise, surprise, we lose to a Forfar team playing poorly. Albion Rovers would have beat Forfar tonight if they were at home. Everyone can see what is going to happen. A wasted opportunity.

33 minutes ago, big al said:

Robbie Buchanan has the ability to go past players, but he constantly looks for an easy foul instead and if the opposition player doesn't take the bait, then Robbie doesn't know what to do next and loses the ball.

Toddy does a similar thing. He tries to get between the opposition player and the ball and is more interested in getting a foul than playing the ball. Sometimes it works, but other times he is badly caught out. His timing is also scary. I panic whenever he is defending in the box.

Again, too many times tonight we just kept lumping the ball in the air and we seem content to get a free kick, throw-in or corner, but we rarely ever threaten from these.

Liam does well bringing the ball in from the wide areas, but he shouldn't have to do that. He should be the one in the centre waiting to tap it home. 

As always the good guys win.

Not sorry to see Cowdenbeath fall to lower league, it could have been us. However, since you appointed a racist manager, you go down with no sympathy.

I hope you get him to f**k and move on from this shitshow.

Take care lads.

It would be nice if we had a good support up at Forfar today. Sunny weather expected and maybe a good result for us at last.

Hopefully not, but this might be the last time we are up at Forfar. 

Edited by PELE

1 hour ago, PELE said:

It would be nice if we had a good support up at Forfar today. Sunny weather expected and maybe a good result for us at last.

Hopefully not, but this might be the last time we are up at Forfar. 

I’ll be there to get the 2nd best bridie in L2. Edinburgh City’s being the best.