Copying Music Onto My Pc

Swarley

Apologies if this has been done before, I've searched but can't find anything.

Very quick and probably easy question, how do I copy tracks from a CD onto my PC ? I've done this in the past but have completely forgotten !!

Reason I ask is that I've bought a super cheap wee MP3 player (256MB) from Tesco and you can only download tunes onto it using "select the files to copy and right click it > click copy > select the removable disk > righ click > paste".

Cheers

Apologies if this has been done before, I've searched but can't find anything.

Very quick and probably easy question, how do I copy tracks from a CD onto my PC ? I've done this in the past but have completely forgotten !!

Reason I ask is that I've bought a super cheap wee MP3 player (256MB) from Tesco and you can only download tunes onto it using "select the files to copy and right click it > click copy > select the removable disk > righ click > paste".

Cheers

If you've got Windows Media Player, put the CD in, go into WMP, click on "Rip Music", and make sure all the tracks you want copied are ticked. Then click on "Rip", and the tracks will be copied to your hard disk, and stored in the "My Music" folder in "My Documents" :)

Yup as Coddy says use Media Player to rip the music from the CD. The I guess you plug the MP3 player in (using a USB lead I think) and it will appear as another Drive on the My Computer screen. I think then you can just copy and paste the tracks on like you would copy and paste something from one folder to another?

If you've got Windows Media Player, put the CD in, go into WMP, click on "Rip Music", and make sure all the tracks you want copied are ticked. Then click on "Rip", and the tracks will be copied to your hard disk, and stored in the "My Music" folder in "My Documents" :)

That's first class Sir, thanks again :thumsup2

Yup as Coddy says use Media Player to rip the music from the CD. The I guess you plug the MP3 player in (using a USB lead I think) and it will appear as another Drive on the My Computer screen. I think then you can just copy and paste the tracks on like you would copy and paste something from one folder to another?

Aye, the MP3 is recognised as a removable disk (in my case it's the h:\ drive) so following Coddy's instructions I've 'ripped' the tracks directly to that drive. Saves cluttering up my already full to bursting hard drive !

:D

Archived