Killie v Pars

Our final Saturday home game of the season sees us take on the Pars as they look to make Ayr feel more uncomfortable. Given the last time we played each other and it was poor fare all round, I just hope that there's more quality in this game. After Friday night's poor show in Greenock, I hope that Del has our guys working their socks off for a better performance. If we win this one, it's a massive step towards the title.

My prediction? A nervy 2-1 win for Killie. Seems to be the way of things at RP these days.

Two consecutive poor performances are rare under Del these days. He tends to sort them out. Fingers crossed that’s the case. What I’d give for a comfortable 3-0 win. My prediction is we’ll go 2-0 up and Dunfermline will score around the 70th minute, and we’ll shite it for the last 20. 

We are sufficiently bad to lose all our remaining four games, even if it's quite unlikely, and if that happened Arbroath would probably only have to find a single point from somewhere.

If we win this one I'll be much more confident, but we've not exactly blown the Pars away at any stage this season.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Quite a short turnaround for us here, would it not have made more sense for the game to be on Sunday? 

No from a Killie POV, we've had enough fixtures changed from a traditional Saturday kickoff already this season.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

No from a Killie POV, we've had enough fixtures changed from a traditional Saturday kickoff already this season.

Oh I get that it's very much in Killies best interests for this to be on Saturday, usually though if a team is playing on a Wednesday/Thursday the weekend game usually gets pushed back a day, it's not like both teams need to have the midweek fixture for it to be moved. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Oh I get that it's very much in Killies best interests for this to be on Saturday, usually though if a team is playing on a Wednesday/Thursday the weekend game usually gets pushed back a day, it's not like both teams need to have the midweek fixture for it to be moved. 

I think it should be brought forward to, perhaps Thursday evening? 

50 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I know it may sound selfish on our part but we've been shifted from pillar to post to suit the BBC all season.

Not a single Ayrshire derby held on a traditional Saturday, christ. even the re-arranged lockdown New year Derby was shoehorned into a Wednesday night to suit the BBC's Winter Olympic coverage.

Most of the places our fans were looking forward to making a day or even a weekend of, Arbroath, Inverness etc, had plans scuppered for a good few by changing the fixtures to a Friday night to suit them.

This game is the last fixture we have on a Saturday this season ffs.

Edited by C4mmy31

Teams play on Wednesday all the time without their fixtures being moved.

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye. Can’t complain about Wednesday-Saturday, it’s a pretty standard break tbf.

Getting my excuses in early ta. 

The penalty decision in that cancelled game was wild. 

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We are sufficiently bad to lose all our remaining four games, even if it's quite unlikely, and if that happened Arbroath would probably only have to find a single point from somewhere.

You’ve taken 20 points from the last eight matches and have lost one home game in the league since November so “quite unlikely” is a sensational understatement.

Edited by Cardle is Magic