Saturday 9th April 2022 15:00 Celtic v St Johnstone Scottish Premiership

44 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not being dismissive of how dominant Celtic were yesterday, but is a record number of passes amongst goalkeeper and defenders really that much of a cause for celebration?

For them, yes. Scrambling in any/every way possible to give the 'race' any meaning. 

57 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not being dismissive of how dominant Celtic were yesterday, but is a record number of passes amongst goalkeeper and defenders really that much of a cause for celebration?

more of a cause for celebration than getting to put a few new entries in the sat-nav next season

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The only stat that would've mattered to me was how many St Johnstone players left that dressing room with black eyes and broken noses. Any less than 10 and I'd be disappointed. 

Who the f**k are you letting off with that performance??!!

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Go watch Man city and you will see the most passes made are amongst goalkeeper and centre half’s. Think Laporte had over 100 against Athletico the other night which was almost double what KDB had

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Go watch Man city and you will see the most passes made are amongst goalkeeper and centre half’s.

Yes, but I think in every single match that would be the case, even for us the way we’ve played this season.

That’s not my point. I was just highlighting it’s not really a significant statistic.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes, but I think in every single match that would be the case, even for us the way we’ve played this season.

That’s not my point. I was just highlighting it’s not really a significant statistic.

Depends on what you value as significant however every single attack is started by our centre half’s the majority of their passes go forwards.

Both of them probably spent more time in your half than their own. 

Edited by Jinky67

55 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I liked the bit where we stood and watched.

For 2 minutes 10 seconds.

We stood and watched for over 90 minutes. Unforgivable, like so many this season.

Sooner it's over the better, I don't even care where we end up, just get it all in the bin.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Passes like no others...

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes, in fairness given Celtics' European performances, we'll be visiting a lot more new venues than you next season.

Not if they get into 3 different competitions again...

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes an absolutely ridiculous system introduced by uefa which rewards failure,  simlply to keep the bigger clubs happy.

It really is f**k all to do with the bigger clubs, the Europa league is almost treated with disdain by the bigger clubs of the bigger leagues with the Conference almost a colt option for them. It’s purely a money making exercise  for Uefa.

Edited by gannonball