Sons vs Blue Toon

I think this may be the first game I’ve been desperate to attend all season. Unfortunately due to work I wont be able to but I will most definitely be tuning in. 

I just hope Farrell is willing to change up his starting 11 and that we see Syvertsen and Wilson given a chance from the start. 

Faz spoke a fair bit last week about wanting a settled side, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him stick with the same side for a third week in a row if he can. I'm also not sure that Norway is ready for more than about half an hour and Josh, although he's looked rusty in recent weeks, has been quite effective at defending from the front and generally causing issues for defenders. He does the dirty work for 65 minutes, then Syvertsen comes on with his futsal skills and hopefully causes a different sort of problem. Although I reckon he might struggle to pull off the silky footwork on our porridge of a pitch.

I'd like to see Callum Wilson come in for Kalvin Orsi having said all that. We need to win this and Wilson is a far bigger threat. Hopefully he takes plenty of confidence from his cracking assist last week.

I hope we go for it. A draw will suit the Blue Toon just fine, whereas we absolutely have to win. I have a bit of confidence in this side going forward, so we might as well play to our strengths. 

The opening half-hour will be crucial.  We need to avoid conceding and therefore then chasing the game, and that also means we need to eliminate our trademark slow start.

Peterhead will be well up for it and I agree that Wilson's energy should justify a start over the much more predictable Orsi.

It might come down to which team wants it more, and which team best maintains their discipline.

8 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Is it  pay at the gate, think it was last time down ❓

From the Dumbarton F.C. website - 

Regular walk-up admission prices for season 2021/22 are:

Adults £16
Students/over-65s/ages 13-16 £10
Age 12 and under £8
Parent and child under 12 £20

See nothing other than peterhead taking the points unfortunately...we are absolutely rancid at home, that added to the fact that even if we were 3-0 we would do our best to lose then i am far from optimistic.

I will however be making the most of the 30 quid hospitality offer so if nothing else I will be closer to the tunnel to watch our man walk once we have a statement red card :)

13 hours ago, peternapper said:

Is it  pay at the gate, think it was last time down ❓

It will be, aye. I think we've only had a few ticketed games this season - and they were all when Covid restrictions meant we couldn't have a full house.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It will be, aye. I think we've only had a few ticketed games this season - and they were all when Covid restrictions meant we couldn't have a full house.

Cheers, also are we going to see the actual game this time, was amazed the previous one finished as at times you could not see across the park because of the fog 🤪 it was not until our players appeared out of the gloom heading for the centre circle that i realised we had scored. 🙄

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Cheers, also are we going to see the actual game this time, was amazed the previous one finished as at times you could not see across the park because of the fog 🤪 it was not until our players appeared out of the gloom heading for the centre circle that i realised we had scored. 🙄

Flippin' hope so! I took this just before the corner you guys scored the winner from, and I had absolutely no idea what I was commentating on. There was a stage shortly after where it looked like the ball was going out of play by the far corner flag, only for a player to emerge from the fog, keep it in and roll it across goal. Bizarre.

PXL_20211218_162331719.thumb.jpg.6ec8833afc59de5f99481056b23a25f1.jpg

5 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

See nothing other than peterhead taking the points unfortunately...we are absolutely rancid at home, that added to the fact that even if we were 3-0 we would do our best to lose then i am far from optimistic.

I will however be making the most of the 30 quid hospitality offer so if nothing else I will be closer to the tunnel to watch our man walk once we have a statement red card :)

Can you point me in the direction of any game this year where we have been ahead and then lost the game?

25 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Can you point me in the direction of any game this year where we have been ahead and then lost the game?

Actually, on that note, Saturday was the first time we'd fallen behind in a game under Faz and then won it. Our first win 23 games where that's happened this season.

Been something I've mentioned a lot on the stream this season. So it's good to finally get it off our back.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Flippin' hope so! I took this just before the corner you guys scored the winner from, and I had absolutely no idea what I was commentating on. There was a stage shortly after where it looked like the ball was going out of play by the far corner flag, only for a player to emerge from the fog, keep it in and roll it across goal. Bizarre.

PXL_20211218_162331719.thumb.jpg.6ec8833afc59de5f99481056b23a25f1.jpg

Looks much clearer there than from our end of the stand, at times you could not see straight across the park 🧐 

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Haha are you for real? You can’t? 

league cup vs stenny 1-0 up lose 2-1 

airdrie 1-1 we get 3 red cards pull it back level 2-2 in the 94th minute. Lose 3-2 

clyde 1-0 after we scored in 90th minute. Concede minutes later 1-1 

peterhead 2-1 up, lose 3-2 

montrose 1-0 up lost 3-1 

alloa get ourselves back in the game 1-1 lost 2-1 

notice all of the above don’t mention any of the red cards we got in games where we are already losing or the number of penalties we have given away against ourselves. 

So for me to say “we would do our best to lose” I think was pretty fair 

7 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

15 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

airdrie 1-1 we get 3 red cards pull it back level 2-2 in the 94th minute. Lose 3-2 

montrose 1-0 up lost 3-1 

notice all of the above don’t mention any of the red cards we got in games where we are already losing or the number of penalties we have given away against ourselves. 

We haven’t had much to be optimistic about this season at all but I think we should be going into this one with our tails up. We’ve taken 4 points from our last 2 games and we have a lot of players getting fit at the right time. Wilson, Syvertsen and Duthie looked to be playing with confidence towards the end of the game on Saturday. 

I think we should try and shelf some of the doom and gloom… at least until Peterheid are 3-0 up at 3.15pm on Saturday.

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

montrose 1-0 up lost 3-1 

I said this year

2 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

montrose 1-0 up lost 3-1 

Two then? Discounting the Stenny cup tie when we had a two man bench - one of whom was Kirk McKnight.

We've also only finished three games with 10 men. And weren't leading in any of them when we went down to 10 (or nine, or eight). 

As BBPF says there hasn't been much to enjoy since September. Especially at home. But we're coming into this on the back of a cracking result at Alloa, where we saw enough from a few players to go into the game with a bit of confidence. It's win or bust this weekend. But I'm certainly not going into it anywhere near as negatively as I would've done after the game at New Bayview last month. 

This team can win on Saturday. Whether it will or not will depend hugely on which players turn up - and how we start the match.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Two then? Discounting the Stenny cup tie when we had a two man bench - one of whom was Kirk McKnight.

We've also only finished three games with 10 men. And weren't leading in any of them when we went down to 10 (or nine, or eight). 

As BBPF says there hasn't been much to enjoy since September. Especially at home. But we're coming into this on the back of a cracking result at Alloa, where we saw enough from a few players to go into the game with a bit of confidence. It's win or bust this weekend. But I'm certainly not going into it anywhere near as negatively as I would've done after the game at New Bayview last month. 

This team can win on Saturday. Whether it will or not will depend hugely on which players turn up - and how we start the match.

It also doesn’t include the hammerings we have had due to just individual errors, Falkirk being the most embarrassing. 
or the games we lost conceding in the first 5 mins.  

my point being if this team could find a way to make it difficult for themselves then we would do our best too….Christ we almost done it on Saturday again being 2-1 and conceding again. Luckily enough alloa can be just as poor at defending as we are.