Can we ever imagine a Scotland without the Old Firm?

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not looking exact numbers, just something a bit more than "it goes down from 1st to 10th". Is this just TV money you're talking about, which is chicken feed.? What about your European millions being more equably distributed?

The tv money is probably the most fairly distributed income in everything. 

If you were really serious about the league being competitive you’d have a centralised pot for gate receipts, hospitality, sponsorship, European income etc and you’d find a way to distribute it more evenly. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not looking exact numbers, just something a bit more than "it goes down from 1st to 10th". Is this just TV money you're talking about, which is chicken feed.? What about your European millions being more equably distributed?

IF the game improves , even slightly, your club will have your own European millions! 

I believe , I could be wrong, that Hearts are going to be playing Group Stage football next season. That’s down the Old Firm successes in recent years and with the Progres season dropping off to be replaced with this season the coefficient will go up again. This will guarantee more group stage football for Other Clubs

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

The tv money is probably the most fairly distributed income in everything. 

If you were really serious about the league being competitive you’d have a centralised pot for gate receipts, hospitality, sponsorship, European income etc and you’d find a way to distribute it more evenly. 

You want my club to give you my season ticket money? 😂

At least when I’m being ridiculous I’m not being serious but I fear you are 

That was to keep a particular tv deal. It doesn’t mean there would be no tv deal. 

Aye the TV companies were beating down the doors 

It was your club , in 2012, sided with Celtic to stitch up the rest of the league

Its why the SPL tried to shaft the SFL. 

Just now, AB1872 said:

I didn’t say I supported that. 

I said, if you were really serious about the league being competitive then you would find a mechanism of distributing all income. 

If rangers and Celtic have access to a large chunk of income that the others simply don’t get then how can it ever be a level playing field. 

You don’t seem to have much of an understanding of how this all works tbh. 

3 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

So you want the rest of us to be more competitive (in Europe only) by giving us a few more peanuts while you hoard the European money?

A quick look at rangers accounts shows that broadcasting income made up about 16% of their revenue and a decent chunk of that will be from European football. 

By contrast around 38% of it came from Gate receipts and hospitality, another 20% from sponsorship and retail and nearly 25% from uefa prize money. 

so at an estimate that’s only about 10% of rangers income that is actually a shared income stream with the rest of the league, which they will take a huge chunk of the overall pot too. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A quick look at rangers accounts shows that broadcasting income made up about 16% of their revenue and a decent chunk of that will be from European football. 

By contrast around 38% of it came from Gate receipts and hospitality, another 20% from sponsorship and retail and nearly 25% from uefa prize money. 

so at an estimate that’s only about 10% of rangers income that is actually a shared income stream with the rest of the league, which they will take a huge chunk of the overall pot too. 

Sell out your stadium then. Not our fault your supporters walked away

1 minute ago, AB1872 said:

Sell out your stadium then. Not our fault your supporters walked away

:lol: and there it is. 

I’ve given you ample opportunity to have a serious conversation but you’re an absolute welt in all honesty. 

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

So you want the rest of us to be more competitive (in Europe only) by giving us a few more peanuts while you hoard the European money?

Stop just making shit up. 

Ive already said it benefits everyone to have a more competitive league

You will have your own Euro Millions if you are successful domestically. That’s thanks to Old Firm success. You’re welcome 😎

:lol: and there it is. 

I’ve given you ample opportunity to have a serious conversation but you’re an absolute welt in all honesty. 

You’re not seriously wanting Rangers to give you their season ticket money? 

and I’m the welt 😂

3 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

You’re not seriously wanting Rangers to give you their season ticket money? 

and I’m the welt 😂

I’ve already answered that one. I didn’t say that, but I’m asking you how a more even share of the spfl tv income is meant to make a dent in the disparity of resources between clubs. I even did the heavy lifting and broke down rangers revenue for you as an example. 

5 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Stop just making shit up. 

Ive already said it benefits everyone to have a more competitive league

You will have your own Euro Millions if you are successful domestically. That’s thanks to Old Firm success. You’re welcome 😎

I'm not making shit up. You obviously missed the question mark. Like you missed a lot of other stuff...

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve already answered that one. I didn’t say that, but I’m asking you how a more even share of the spfl tv income is meant to make a dent in the disparity of resources between clubs. I even did the heavy lifting and broke down rangers revenue for you as an example. 

There are always going to wealthier clubs than others. Ffs does that need explained?

Playground stuff 

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm not making shit up. You obviously missed the question mark. Like you missed a lot of other stuff...

You implied I don’t want Aberdeen to be competitive domestically. You made that up as I’ve said that is exactly what I want. And Hearts , And St Mirren And Hibs And Dundee United and so on and so on .