Can we ever imagine a Scotland without the Old Firm?

Call them the 'Old Firm', the 'Ugly Sisters', the 'Arse Cheeks' , even the 'Dodos' but they are shackled together like barnacles and they, never mind the rest of us, would be better off if whatever it is you want to call Celtic & Rangers played outwith Scotland .  Sadly I just don't know how it will happen.

I can see the merits of debating the point, but I also wonder what instances have occurred where Rangers and Celtic alone have vetoed any proposals put forward for a vote. I'm not doubting there will be an example of this, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

On 27/04/2022 at 09:44, velo army said:

The other thing that would excite me is the possibility of real innovation and creativity. Without Sky the SPFL could have kick off times based around the needs and wishes of supporters.

There are only about 30-35 games a season moved for Sky as it stands. To what extent do you think kick off times aren't currently based around the needs and wishes of supporters?

46 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can see the merits of debating the point, but I also wonder what instances have occurred where Rangers and Celtic alone have vetoed any proposals put forward for a vote. I'm not doubting there will be an example of this, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

Lots of things won't be proposed purely because they would never pass.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Lots of things won't be proposed purely because they would never pass.

I don't disagree with that. I was more wondering if there had been any examples of it actually happening.

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Most things don't go to a vote because they essentially do a quick show of hands before they bother with the formal process.

Right, I really do appreciate what you are saying, but for the avoidance of doubt, I am simply asking if there are any examples that we know of where Rangers and Celtic alone have vetoed any proposals under the current voting structure.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Right, I really do appreciate what you are saying, but for the avoidance of doubt, I am simply asking if there are any examples that we know of where Rangers and Celtic alone have vetoed any proposals under the current voting structure.

Yes, loads