Can we ever imagine a Scotland without the Old Firm?

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

As long as it was exactly that a “Scotland” without the Old Firm, not just a Scottish League without the Old Firm. If they were still based here, but playing at a higher level it would diminish the attractiveness of what was left to a new generation of fans. Even more so than now. No, if they stopped playing in Scotland I would want them to physically relocate 

You know fine well it would be them bolting somewhere else if they had the chance (celtc signing IRA songs desperate to join the English league irony) they would bolt and there would still be some colt teams allowed up to the Prem' because Doncaster is a gutless pleb.

Hibs Hearts Aberdeen and Dundee (f**k you arabs) going for the league every year would be amazing, even if it was to be papped out by some Moldovan shit topped up by Russian sponsors.    We (Hibs and Hearts) have shown time and time again if successful we don't need them coming to our grounds.  

1 minute ago, Jammyp said:

It would help if the media didn't act like there is only two teams. Even TV time and exposure.

Ten in a row and quadruple trebles should be treated as a problem and a problem to solve, not have some high pitched commentator scream sensational when Celtics Multimillion pound striker score his 5th hattrick in as many games

Yir Aussie man has done a decent job with the millions that's available to him.  Has he done a better job than Robbie Replay or Davie Martingdale though?   Or Dick at Arbroath?  Not a chance.  Who the f**k cares he's spent millions on making them the best side again. 

The best thing we *might* get is some sugar daddy buying a mid-sized regional club and ploughing so much money into them that they overtake the old firm. We got a flavour of this in 2005 with Vladimir Romanov. I think every neutral fan in Scotland was backing Hearts that year. 

42 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You know fine well it would be them bolting somewhere else if they had the chance (celtc signing IRA songs desperate to join the English league irony) 

I’ve never heard a Celtic fan say this 

The only time I’ve seen it mentioned is on here or Tam Cowan at the weekends for some reason 

Certainly the fans I know would be very against it, including myself.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve never heard a Celtic fan say this 

The only time I’ve seen it mentioned is on here or Tam Cowan at the weekends for some reason 

Certainly the fans I know would be very against it, including myself.

Interested to know how Celtic fans viewed that period where you won the league every year. One year you went undefeated.

Wasnt that in some way boring? 

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Interested to know how Celtic fans viewed that period where you won the league every year. One year you went undefeated.

Nah not boring at all.

Had my ST up until 8IAR, loved going every other week. 

I never got bored of seeing us win. 

I just wish we could have seen some more progression in Europe 

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Prob for everyone else, I didn’t hear any Celtic fans complain tbh.  

1 hour ago, Mdiap said:

There's a pumping in a Portuguese quarry you should be watching.

1-0 away in a Europa League Quarter Final. I’ll take that back to Ibrox. I’m sure I’ll get my £48 worth now

Other Scottish clubs haven’t even qualified for a group stage in how long?

St Johnstone lost to a Welsh mob ffs. Hearts to a team from Malta 😂

Its never been so poor 

This Rangers team went undefeated in the league Ffs

6 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Other Scottish clubs haven’t even qualified for a group stage in how long?

St Johnstone lost to a Welsh mob ffs. Hearts to a team from Malta 😂

Its never been so poor 

On the other hand, neither St Johnstone or Hearts went into liquidation after a decade of cheating all of their competitors.

To be fair to you though, the current Rangers has survived almost a decade without dying yet. Every cloud...

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I'm still surprised no rich Saudi has bought the Arabs and turned them into the City of Scotland.

Maybe that's what we need, red bull or some a Scottish Man City Franchise to topple them.  

Red Bull Aberdeen. Has to be. 😎

31CC2C1C-941A-4EBF-9764-80E9F168AC49.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

This is clearly not a Rangers and Celtic issue but a Glasgow vs The Rest of Scotland problem.  All but 14 of the top flight's 125 league trophies have come from clubs within 25 miles of Glasgow:

1274195241_titlesbycity.thumb.png.629730a5dd7e23c4353cdc61221afc0b.png

What we should be asking is why is football outside of the WeegieSphere so shite?

Edit:  Similar, though less dramatic, pattern in the Scottish Cup:

1058800881_scupsbycity.thumb.png.972958c1171d12d8a20fd81781387bd6.png

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Nonsense. Scottish top division Rangers and Celtic apart has never been so poor 

By that rationale, surely its not really an achievement 'winning' it then? Every year 🤔

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You know fine well it would be them bolting somewhere else if they had the chance (celtc signing IRA songs desperate to join the English league irony) they would bolt and there would still be some colt teams allowed up to the Prem' because Doncaster is a gutless pleb.

Hibs Hearts Aberdeen and Dundee (f**k you arabs) going for the league every year would be amazing, even if it was to be papped out by some Moldovan shit topped up by Russian sponsors.    We (Hibs and Hearts) have shown time and time again if successful we don't need them coming to our grounds.  

I think you may have misunderstood me. What I meant, was that they would need to physically relocate their home stadia, and everything else, before I would see it as a good thing.