Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

From our point of view and our home form, we should be confident of going into this getting a win. Based on that, I think Ayr will get the 3 points. 

If we get nervy and play to the occasion, we'll certainly make it very difficult for ourselves to get a result. 

If we play like we have been at home, though, I'd be confident of getting the 3 points. 

Let's make no mistake, this is the biggest game of the season (at least so far). Lose or draw this and it's play off at best I think. 

I'll be missing it, flying at the time so can't even watch it at home. Going to be a nervous wreck regardless.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Let's make no mistake, this is the biggest game of the season (at least so far). Lose or draw this and it's play off at best I think. 

I'll be missing it, flying at the time so can't even watch it at home. Going to be a nervous wreck regardless.

Ask the pilot for score updates over the speakers

1-1, Ayr with an early goal and we struggle to break them down in a similar way to the Morton Game. I would be interested to know how many of our goals have came in open play this year and havn't been shots from outside the box(I can think of two that Thomas has against Rovers and ICT which were both wonder strikes from outside the box).

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

I would be interested to know how many of our goals have came in open play this year and havn't been shots from outside the box(I can think of two that Thomas has against Rovers and ICT which were both wonder strikes from outside the box).

Thought I’d look into this. We’ve scored 33 league goals and by my count 14 have been scored by Pars players from inside the box and from open play. 16 if you include 2 own goals from open play (both by ex-Pars players as well). This includes the Thomas goal away to ICT, which was actually scored from inside the box. It’s still a very underwhelming tally. However, we’ve scored 4 from inside the box from open play in our last 2 home games (Todd, Edwards and Thomas v Partick and O’Hara’s first v Raith).

Both Todorov and McCann scored from open play v Ayr this season and O’Hara leads the way with his 4 goals from open play so far.

If we continue to play the way we have been at home then I think we will win. My biggest worry is that we play like our recent away games.

I think our style of play can look brilliant or atrocious depending if we are winning the 50/50 and playing at a higher tempo than our opponents.  ICT and Killie beat us in the battle and made us look crap. Morton, Raith and Partick didn't and we looked like a top end side.

9 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Am I right in saying it's best to get the train to the town station then cut thru the big park?

Either or mate, if you get off at Dunfermline Queen Margaret you have a straight walk along Halbeath Road with the Elizabeth an on the way, Dunfermline Town is potentially quicker, however has a bit of a hill through the park, however it's a nice walk! 

Can't go wrong either way really.