Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Se Draca
Was 1978/79 but near enough...

Name the only club to have both reached and conceded double figures in a European competition???

Single match or aggregate? - if aggregate I'd guess Rangers

Was 1978/79 but near enough...

Name the only club to have both reached and conceded double figures in a European competition???

Stop showing me up like that I was right wasnt I? :D

Still trying to work that one out, I remember the game in Nottingham should not have been played. The park was like a brick. OK it all comes back, Liverpool won the cup in 1978 at Wembley but somehow lost the league to Forest. I am stupid, you are right.

:D:D:D:D;)

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Woooaaaahhhh - I can't believe I got that! :o

I knew Anderlecht beat someone 10-0, so I plumped for them on that basis.

OK. Name three England players who have scored hat-tricks in the European Championships?

It ended 1-0 on aggregate to Nottingham Forest. Against the English League Champions at the time :D

Come on Kev. Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's got more errors in it than an entire 90 minutes with John Hughes! :P

The two teams drawn together were Nottingham Forest and Liverpool right enough but that's about all you manged to get right.

Forest were in fact the reigning English League Champions, not Liverpool who were in the tournament because they were the reigning European Champions.

The first leg was at City Ground, Nottingham, on 13 September 1979. Forest won 2-0 with goals from Garry Birtles and Colin Barrett. The attendance was 38,316.

The second leg was at Anfield on 27th September, 1979 and finished 0-0 in front of 51,679 fans.

So you got the season wrong, the score wrong, the status of the two teams wrong! :P:P:P

I was already a Forest fan before those games but they went a long way to cementing my support. My Liverpool fan mates were devastated. Brilliant. :D

Archived