Quiz.

Guest Bully Wee For Me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought Port Vale would stump some folk...

Well done, Steve... :)

Cheers, Kev

Actually it was Nottingham I thought of last. Totally forgot about Notts County.

Anyway, Who are the only team to win the (English)FA Cup despite losing a match on the way to the final?

Well done, Steve...  :)

Cheers, Kev

Actually it was Nottingham I thought of last. Totally forgot about Notts County.

Anyway, Who are the only team to win the (English)FA Cup despite losing a match on the way to the final?

Charlton. The first season after the war all rounds up to the semi-final were home and away and they lost one leg of one of their ties but still went on to win the cup.

Well done, Steve...  :)

Cheers, Kev

Charlton. The first season after the war all rounds up to the semi-final were home and away and they lost one leg of one of their ties but still went on to win the cup.

Spot on. Thought that one would be a bit more tricky.

I suppose I get to set a question then...

Quite an easy one this from the point of looking it up on the net rather then actually knowing it but here goes anyway...

Which team holds the dubious honour of the only instance of the English Football League Champions being relegated the following season and, for a bonus point, what was the remarkable statistic about them that relegation season?

Manchester United - the fact that Denis Law - top scorer for man utd at that time- scored the winning goal for Man City that relegated them?

Fraid not. Man U were relegated in the fashion you describe but hadn't won the league since the 66/67 season

Guest Se Draca

Manchester City (champions 1937, relegated 1938) - no clue on the bonus point

Edited to include:

1 minutes more digging around gave me : They scored more goals than any one else and finished with a postive goal difference

Manchester City (champions 1937, relegated 1938) - no clue on the bonus point

Edited to include:

1 minutes more digging around gave me : They scored more goals than any one else and finished with a postive goal difference

Yep, they were relegated and yet bizarrely were the league's top scorers

Archived