Oi, what happened to the Carlisle thread?

orfc

Dearie me

They didn't even look that good (Everyone shouts: YOU LOST 5-1), their attackers weren't on fire, the defence seemed to be there for the taking - so we gave them an own goal and two defensive mistakes for two others in the space of about 12 mucking finutes. Our goal in between was the best of the bunch Even then I thought we could get back in it but they scored a cracking fourth and that was that

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67730546

We've signed Luke Armstrong from Harrogate

Wrexham were rumoured to offered half a million for him at the start of the season but the paperwork screwed up. If we've paid even half of that my jaw will need reconstructive surgery from the speed it hits the floor. Certainly a statement of intent from the new owners

3 hours ago, orfc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67730546

We've signed Luke Armstrong from Harrogate

Wrexham were rumoured to offered half a million for him at the start of the season but the paperwork screwed up. If we've paid even half of that my jaw will need reconstructive surgery from the speed it hits the floor. Certainly a statement of intent from the new owners

Looks a very decent addition. Interview with Simpson on official site saying he’s hoping to get 5 or 6 more additions in January. Clearly some decent money being spent. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I watched from near the halfway line. A deflected cross was heading out for a corner. Then suddenly our keeper seemed to swim across the grass, heading to stop the ball going out. He palmed it precisely to a waiting Cheltenham player who passed it across the box for a tap in while our goalie was face down somewhere on the touchline past the six yard box. This all seemed to happen in slow motion, everyone around me was going "noooo.... whaaaat aaaarreee yooouiuuu doooiinnngggg" as he started this manoeuvre

For the nth time we're not outdone by better footballers, better athletes, better tactics but by our own players atrocious decision making 😭

5 minutes ago, orfc said:

I watched from near the halfway line. A deflected cross was heading out for a corner. Then suddenly our keeper seemed to swim across the grass, heading to stop the ball going out. He palmed it precisely to a waiting Cheltenham player who passed it across the box for a tap in while our goalie was face down somewhere on the touchline past the six yard box. This all seemed to happen in slow motion, everyone around me was going "noooo.... whaaaat aaaarreee yooouiuuu doooiinnngggg" as he started this manoeuvre

For the nth time we're not outdone by better footballers, better athletes, better tactics but by our own players atrocious decision making 😭

Yep it's yet another awful error.