Dog Kills Man

1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Animals seized? Why were they not just shot. Owner mauled in house with 2 known xl bullies - are they looking to rehouse them.

Give them a fair trial before a jury of their peers. Then shoot them. 

14 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

400 XL Bullys destroyed & almost 60,000 exemption certs. issued in England since introduction of ban on Feb 1st.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/21/four-hundred-xl-bullies-put-down-in-england-and-wales-since-dog-banned

I'm not an expert on the ins and outs of the exemption scheme, but does that mean that there are 60k face eating leopards roaming around but it's ok because they are for some reason "exempt"?

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, RiG said:

A woman in Leith was attacked by her two XL Bullies. I'm sure they just wanted to lick her face. Clean off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2vvgx1y1x8o

The Facebook pages of Edinburgh Live and the Evening News have been awash with people saying that it wasn't XL Bully's or that it was her fault for not knowing how to look after the dogs.  

Apparently at least one of these dogs was one of those sent to Scotland as part of the 'amnesty' when the ban was being brought in in England and not in Scotland.

Edited by ICTChris

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm not an expert on the ins and outs of the exemption scheme, but does that mean that there are 60k face eating leopards roaming around but it's ok because they are for some reason "exempt"?

You are allowed to own a banned breed if you bought it before the ban and meet certain conditions.  The conditions are - keeping it registered with the local council; dog has to be microchipped; dog must be neutered; dog must be muzzled at all times in public.  I think there are other conditions as well.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You are allowed to own a banned breed if you bought it before the ban and meet certain conditions.  The conditions are - keeping it registered with the local council; dog has to be microchipped; dog must be neutered; dog must be muzzled at all times in public.  I think there are other conditions as well.

Maybe that's why folk will be getting attacked in the hoose... the 4-legged sharks are muzzled outside.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Maybe that's why folk will be getting attacked in the hoose... the 4-legged sharks are muzzled outside.

Considering rescinding my previous position if the XL's are gonna start eating their owners exclusively.

• 2 weeks later...

I was waiting to pick my wife up from her work yesterday. She’s a teacher and we had a few minutes to pass before she was finished so my son and I went and kicked a ball about in the school grounds. The public can walk through the school, you get quite a few dog walkers etc. ‘My boy was running to get the ball when a couple walked up with the probably the biggest XL Bully I’ve ever seen, slobbering and tugging at the lead. It was muzzled but the muzzle was loose and slipped off every time it moved. I made sure my boy didn’t go anywhere near it and we stopped playing football while it was there. What made it worse is that the couple in charge of it were absolutely reeking if weed, you could smell them before you saw them. So while stoned they decide to walk their land shark, across a school ground. Perfect.

• 1 month later...

Ten year old girl mauled by an XL Bully while she played in her own garden.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13660415/Schoolgirl-ten-rushed-hospital-mauled-unregistered-XL-Bully-played-garden-three-arrested-dog.html

In other XL Bully news, a man has been charged in relation to the dog attack death of Ian Price in 2023.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ced3e4k8y3vo

16 minutes ago, Molotov said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c80x7l511w9o.amp

Woman in her 30s killed by a “pet” dog in Coventry on Monday.

I think that’s been confirmed as not a Bully XL, although I could be wrong. It was listed as a bulldog-type but not a banned dog, I guess that could mean it was a legally held XL Bully. The woman apparently had a seizure and the dog attacked her.