TJ must laughing his face off.....

Just now, andy25 said:
3 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
Along with all his anti pyramid fans.
Sad sad day for non league football in the West.

Disagree. A brilliant day.

You're laughing in the mirror  comrade.

45 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Totally disagree
Thought it was a fantastic day, brilliant atmosphere and a great crowd and hope to see more similar.

The result, nope, there is no doubt Tranent fully deserved their victory from start to finish, they wanted it more.
AND Tranent won their league on goal difference, does that mean our standard over here in the west needs to rise, maybe it does but at the end of the day the WOSFL champions were beaten by the EOSFL champions.   I see it as a wake up call as on this side, not to many thought Darvel would not get through

You only need to look at the performances of Auchinleck, Clydebank and Darvel in this season's Scottish Cup and the imminent licensing of several other big West clubs to see the obvious benefit of moving into the pyramid.

48 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

Lowland another year still no proper west representation and another east team to turn it even more into a boys club university east coast,  B team enabling league. 

Tranent are there on merit and are a welcome "proper" club in the LL. Arguably a better assent to that level than Darvel would have been 

If WOSFL hopes were reliant on Darvel acting like some sort of white knight championing the wider interests of the region then we'd be as well chucking it now because they were only interested in Darvel. 

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

A great occasion.  Both clubs should be going up, but that's another matter.

Tranent deserved to go up and are now one one promotion away from League Two and joining Bonnyrigg Rose,  opportunity for League and Challenge Cup appearances in season 23-24, Scottish Cup guaranteed via their licence.

The West will have their day, but at the moment East is best.

Why would TJ be laughing?

Edited by Burnieman

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

You only need to look at the performances of Auchinleck, Clydebank and Darvel in this season's Scottish Cup and the imminent licensing of several other big West clubs to see the obvious benefit of moving into the pyramid.

100% and personally I don't see anything wrong with that.
Any WOSFL now have the ability to progress their team to higher divisions in Scottish Football its jus, do they want too, if they do, well get organized, get better players in, coaches in , committee in who will guide your team there

Just now, Burnieman said:

A great occasion.  Both clubs should be going up, but that's another matter.

Tranent deserved to go up and are now one one promotion away from League Two and join Bonnyrigg Rose,  opportunity for League and Challenge Cup appearances in season 23-24, Scottish Cup guaranteed via their licence.

The West will have their day, but at the moment East is best.

Why would TJ be laughing?

Seriously

17 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Totally disagree
Thought it was a fantastic day, brilliant atmosphere and a great crowd and hope to see more similar.

The result, nope, there is no doubt Tranent fully deserved their victory from start to finish, they wanted it more.
AND Tranent won their league on goal difference, does that mean our standard over here in the west needs to rise, maybe it does but at the end of the day the WOSFL champions were beaten by the EOSFL champions.   I see it as a wake up call as on this side, not to many thought Darvel would not get through

Who would you suggest will be the first team from the West to win a play off?

1 hour ago, 3point4win said:

Lowland another year still no proper west representation and another east team to turn it even more into a boys club university east coast,  B team enabling league. 

I know you're just a shite troll but I've always chosen to take your posts as an exaggerated yet still indicative representation of west central belt peasant mentality. You hate the east as you think it's full of (to quote a particularly thick peasant I once met) of rich c*nts and English c*nts, and are too dumb to know anything about it. Tranent is a working class town, full of sectarian bigots (as they imported them from Ayrshire to work in mines a century ago), and they were just as juniorsy as all those fabulous, self-styled "big" west clubs that you loons w**k over. As indeed are most EOSL clubs, pretty much all of them outwith the actual university clubs. This time next year I expect Linlithgow or Penicuik to humiliate whichever big fish in the smallest possible pond inadvertantly makes the playoff.

2 minutes ago, 3point4win said:

Let's face it west teams most of them heart isn't in it going any higher. They wanna play in a top league and senior Scottish entry.  East will always benefit in these playoffs as they actually want to go up into a tinpot league. 

Pointless then anyone paying to watch a Wosfl league game if the top clubs aren't interested.

Tranent is as much a mining village with a strong junior football tradition as Auchinleck is, so that's a bizarre comment.

46 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Who would you suggest will be the first team from the West to win a play off?

What are you on about, I don't care, I enjoyed the day but would have liked Darvel to win.  Tranent won today and are the officially the best at this level between the West and East, simples. There was a lot of people who thought Darvel would win and I for one put Darvel as favoutire but Tranent on the day were worthy winners

I don't get any Muppets who talk about junior football, its finished, its a got a history and in 5 to 10 years the younger generation wont give to fecks about it.
Guys like TJ and their struggle for power is one of the reasons junior football is finished but it was finishing anyways so why would he be laughing, he is one of the reason for its demise.

Anyone who wants back to that level, contact your club and plead with them to go back and I say, go, asap.

The pyramid system is functioning, not the way most of us want but in the future I've no doubt things will changed and the Lowland and SPFL2 leagues will change with Teams from the EOSFL and WOSFL rising to the top

2 hours ago, 3point4win said:

Tranent and Cowdenbeath replacing Bonnyrigg and Vale of Leithen make it "more of a boys club university east coast etc"

Triggered by Tranent? 😂

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The pyramid system is functioning, not the way most of us want but in the future I've no doubt things will changed and the Lowland and SPFL2 leagues will change with Teams from the EOSFL and WOSFL rising to the top

It should be a minimum of two up, we all know that, however at the moment it isn't although I think in the next season or two it will change.

In the meantime, in the EoS, you're looking at Linlithgow Rose getting their act together. If they hadn't had such a bad start to the league they likely would have run Tranent very close. They'll strengthen and I would expect them to win the EoS next season as I can't see Penicuik maintaining a challenge and I don't think anyone else will either.

So if the promotion situation doesn't change over the next few seasons, I'd expect to see the WoS win the play-off's three times out of the next four seasons at least.  The very best of the EoS are in the LL already, whilst the WoS still have all their best clubs.

In 5 seasons time the LL will look a very different place.

Let's face it west teams most of them heart isn't in it going any higher. They wanna play in a top league and senior Scottish entry.  East will always benefit in these playoffs as they actually want to go up into a tinpot league. 

How will the east always benefit?  So WofS teams don’t want to go to tier 5?

Edited by Carmel Wafer

18 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Tranent and Cowdenbeath replacing Bonnyrigg and Vale of Leithen make it "more of a boys club university east coast etc"

Triggered by Tranent? 😂

Just wait until EK goes up to the SPFL and the WOSFL Premier has to accommodate Albion Rovers, or similar, a few seasons later.

Edited by Footballfirst