Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:On desktops "My Team" in your profile shows up as Bonnyrigg Rose and is visible to other users. You probably made a mistake with the pull-down menu when you first registered. This isn't an issue on phones so that might be why you never noticed this.

Thanks for the info, should now be sorted. So back to the pies. Are they up to Lowland league standard someone might ask.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Thoughts on dan watt and keir maculey gents? Best not to ask why

I really like Dan, proper target man and a lot of his hard work goes under the radar IMO. He is literally a defenders nightmare due to his sheer size and strength however he hasn’t played a lot as of late. He’s just came back off an injury but he doesn’t seem to be favoured that much now.

And I was unsure about Keir to start with but he’s really secured that LB role as his. His defending has improved a lot and he isn’t all that shy to get forward either to whip in a decent cross or take a shot on his own. But I believe he’s now sidelined with an injury unfortunately.

Dare I ask why......

Edited by BonessBWAH_

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Thoughts on dan watt and keir maculey gents? Best not to ask why

Dan is a handful to play against as he is big, strong, physical and has deceptive pace.   He isn't a brilliant finisher though and he likes to hold on to the defenders too much for refs. If he has runners around him he is an effective forward..... but no support and there's often a physical battle with no product.

Keir McCauley is a really good left back.  He is absolutely sound in defensive and offensive situations.  Best left back we have had for several seasons.

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

I really like Dan, proper target man and a lot of his hard work goes under the radar IMO. He is literally a defenders nightmare due to his sheer size and strength however he hasn’t played a lot as of late. He’s just came back off an injury but he doesn’t seem to be favoured that much now.

And I was unsure about Keir to start with but he’s really secured that LB role as his. His defending has improved a lot and he isn’t all that shy to get forward either to whip in a decent cross or take a shot on his own. But I believe he’s now sidelined with an injury unfortunately.

Dare I ask why......

Dont quote me on it but I believe they’re cowden bound end of season. 

Good luck today BU. Shall keep an eye on social media for game updates.

No desire to visit CSS. Absolutely horrible ground and a bit embarrassing for CSS that last season they were the only away game I went to where there wasn’t a reduced admission fee for concessions or kids. Hopefully this season they’ve taken on board the current cost of living crisis and have reduced entry price for the young yins and auld yins.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Good luck today BU. Shall keep an eye on social media for game updates.

No desire to visit CSS. Absolutely horrible ground and a bit embarrassing for CSS that last season they were the only away game I went to where there wasn’t a reduced admission fee for concessions or kids. Hopefully this season they’ve taken on board the current cost of living crisis and have reduced entry price for the young yins and auld yins.

Never been. So your comments require a win to make it a pleasurable experience. 

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

According to CSS website charges are £8/£5

Last season we had 2 trips to CSS. First trip there was no concessions for OAP's and the man on the gate said to a moaning old BU fan "if you don't like it you don't have to come in."  Poor way to treat fans.  Thankfully they had a change of heart for the second game and there was a concession rate.