Bo'ness United 2022/23

Deanburn Dave

On 02/06/2023 at 19:18, Spyro said:

If someone with some tactical knowledge is there to help him... From what's been said he's actually a decent all-round manager and a good guy, with a contacts list any club in the league would want access to

KR is a good guy, an infectious guy that you want to see do well. However with his 3 seasons at us and his time at EK, I'm struggling to see how he is a "decent all round manager". His style of football is eye bleeding at times and he under-achieved in both his jobs so far. I'm not for a minute saying he won't be successful eventually and that may well happen at Bo'ness or a club of that stature, but I'm just not seeing it.

As for his contacts list, you would think that eh....however when he was with us, he signed alot of players he worked with at Annan or that came through Bill Orr or James Creaney or that we simply faced in league matches, when he was at EK he signed a good number of players he worked with at us. I never saw anything to suggest he had contacts throughout the game. You would think he has given the level he played at and the fact he has been in the game for years, but we saw little evidence of that at Stirling.

Surprisingly quiet on here - Let me be the first to say “Welcome back and good luck Hunts!”

Sensible appointment. Club legend and knows the place inside out. Would imagine Stuart being named the new gaffer will be met with the approval of 99% of BU fans. Fingers crossed we can find a wee pot of gold somewhere too to help the big fella with the rebuild.

21 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Surprisingly quiet on here - Let me be the first to say “Welcome back and good luck Hunts!”

Sensible appointment. Club legend and knows the place inside out. Would imagine Stuart being named the new gaffer will be met with the approval of 99% of BU fans. Fingers crossed we can find a wee pot of gold somewhere too to help the big fella with the rebuild.

New thread started for the new season already, bit of manager chat there.