There was a coo

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Have just read the CISS email.

A lot of good stuff in it. With the suggestion to incorporate the late Zoe Smith into something, and the subject of what to have as a trading name, can the 2 of these not tie in?

I’m also not sure about the vagueness of the amount to be paid. Would prefer a set amount , or even a 2 tier system with 2 set amounts and different reasons for paying whichever chosen. 
I guess it’s really early days though, and it’s a decent start. 
Well done to all. 

I felt that the no fixed amount was on the back of comments that the club wanted everyone to get involved where possible, and not to be restricted by a minimum that some perhaps could not manage.

DF said in the meeting that £25 monthly (or annual equivalent) was what he was hoping to be a starting point.

I think it’s good though that it’s recognised that a set minimum might be a bit too much for some.

18 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Hope the lads had a good first session back last night, really need to hit the ground running and start to see some shape and style of play come first viaplay cup game

It was a hot evening, hope someone got them ice lollies at the end 😀

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Alfie Robinson away, mutual agreement to terminate his contract. Thought he came on to a game towards the end of the season few injuries set him back but sad to see him go.

Aye. I liked him as a player. Looked like there was a good footballer in there.

So am I right in thinking this is the current squad:

GK
Danny Farrell

DF
Jack Duncan (CB)
Gregor Jordan (?)
Jack Tait (LB)
Scott Walker (RB)

MF
Lucas Berry
Andy Black
Zac Butterworth 
Ciaren Chalmers
Jamie Docherty
Aiden McLaughlin 
Robbie McNab 
Callum Murray

FW
Josh Jack
Ewan Macpherson
Scott Sinclair
Kevin Smith

Might be missing some names but we look very light at the back.

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

So am I right in thinking this is the current squad:

GK
Danny Farrell

DF
Jack Duncan (CB)
Gregor Jordan (?)
Jack Tait (LB)
Scott Walker (RB)

MF
Lucas Berry
Andy Black
Zac Butterworth 
Ciaren Chalmers
Jamie Docherty
Aiden McLaughlin 
Robbie McNab 
Callum Murray

FW
Josh Jack
Ewan Macpherson
Scott Sinclair
Kevin Smith

Might be missing some names but we look very light at the back.

Think Chalmers and McNab can also play centre half. 

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I felt that the no fixed amount was on the back of comments that the club wanted everyone to get involved where possible, and not to be restricted by a minimum that some perhaps could not manage.

DF said in the meeting that £25 monthly (or annual equivalent) was what he was hoping to be a starting point.

I think it’s good though that it’s recognised that a set minimum might be a bit too much for some.

Having no set amount means that people who may not be able to afford £25 may be able to pay a lesser amount which is a good thing not everyone earns good wages and with the cost of things going up all the time may financially struggle.

This way no one is left out.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Having no set amount means that people who may not be able to afford £25 may be able to pay a lesser amount which is a good thing not everyone earns good wages and with the cost of things going up all the time may financially struggle.

This way no one is left out.

Totally agree, the more people that can get involved the better. 

6 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

That’s all very well, but at £10 a month you are going to need 250 people to sign up for this to hit the £30k target, which is never going to happen in a million years. 

36 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

That’s all very well, but at £10 a month you are going to need 250 people to sign up for this to hit the £30k target, which is never going to happen in a million years. 

Without doubt the club would like people to pay at least £25 and even more if they can afford. Personally I think it would be very wrong to exclude people who are only able to pay a bit less than that amount, and am glad that’s not the case.

41 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

No doubt some will pay £20/£25 but those who can't afford it may pay £10/£15 surely better in the long run people paying what they can afford rather than nothing at all?

Got to remember we are not based in a particularly prosperous area.

Have Cowdenbeath ever done a fans name on the shirt thing?

Was just thinking about some sort of incentive if people signed up to CISS for a minimum of say 12 months the club could maybe incorporate their names on the change strip for the following season. 

I know Hibs did it a few years ago, and I think Hearts have perhaps done it too.   It’s quite subtle and not obvious until you look closely.

Might capture folks imagination and sell a fair few shirts the year after, who wouldn’t want a shirt with their name on it? 😀

Just now, therewasacoo said:

Rangers B not going to be playing in the lowland league next season

What, really? Have the taken the huff after the Conference and are withdrawing the ‘blue pound’? Hope the buggers have paid that money up front for the season. 🤨

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

The opportunity to become involved at what you can afford will hopefully allow more to be part of the society. Hopefully the majority can contribute at the recommended amount or above.

We will be offering an incentive/reward scheme and this through time will relate to what is contributed. Early days but future meetings will result in further information. 

42 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Have Cowdenbeath ever done a fans name on the shirt thing?

Was just thinking about some sort of incentive if people signed up to CISS for a minimum of say 12 months the club could maybe incorporate their names on the change strip for the following season. 

I know Hibs did it a few years ago, and I think Hearts have perhaps done it too.   It’s quite subtle and not obvious until you look closely.

Might capture folks imagination and sell a fair few shirts the year after, who wouldn’t want a shirt with their name on it? 😀

Can take this idea to the next meeting.