There was a coo

5 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Looks like quite a nice shirt, also teaser of a new signing?

3F59C651-7A40-433C-8848-26062E1EA6DE.jpeg

Yeah I quite like it, hopefully grow on me a bit more yet.

Being a kid of the 70’s and having the lovely Scotland World Cup 78 strip, always had a soft spot for Umbro, and I thought their replicas were good quality.

Joma are huge in the youth team market, most teams we see are kitted out by them.

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah I quite like it, hopefully grow on me a bit more yet.

Being a kid of the 70’s and having the lovely Scotland World Cup 78 strip, always had a soft spot for Umbro, and I thought their replicas were good quality.

Joma are huge in the youth team market, most teams we see are kitted out by them.

The umbro from last season looked paper thin. At least joma the material is a little thicker.

Looks like a big defender in the photo 🤔🤔

11 minutes ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

The umbro from last season looked paper thin. At least joma the material is a little thicker.

Looks like a big defender in the photo 🤔🤔

I’ve got both of the last two seasons Umbro tops, they are good quality, no complaints about them.

A pound short of £50 for the new top! We must easily be the most expensive in the League at that price. I would actually pay more for it without the front sponsor. I see EK sell theirs with or without the sponsor (£3 extra for the sponsor printed on).

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

A pound short of £50 for the new top! We must easily be the most expensive in the League at that price. I would actually pay more for it without the front sponsor. I see EK sell theirs with or without the sponsor (£3 extra for the sponsor printed on).

That's a strange one. 

You'd think with the amount sponsors are paying to have their logo on the shirt, they'd expect the shirts to be sold with the logo so people are walking around promoting their company.

Shouldn't be an option to have without. 

And agreed, £49 is far too expensive. If you intend to buy the shirt, buy from the club shop and not Football Nation. 

2 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

That's a strange one. 

You'd think with the amount sponsors are paying to have their logo on the shirt, they'd expect the shirts to be sold with the logo so people are walking around promoting their company.

Shouldn't be an option to have without. 

And agreed, £49 is far too expensive. If you intend to buy the shirt, buy from the club shop and not Football Nation. 

I think at this level the sponsors aren't so bothered.

8 minutes ago, PELE said:

I think at this level the sponsors aren't so bothered.

As someone who managed to get 3 sponsors on board I think they are bothered. They are parting with cash to support the club with very little in return if anything. I think their logo on the shirt (the product we are actually selling is key!).

Very good signing in Matty Mcdonald. A midfielder with quality and an eye for goal. He scored 2 very good goals against us last season!!!.🙈..  the one at Central Park especially was a cracker.

12 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

As someone who managed to get 3 sponsors on board I think they are bothered. They are parting with cash to support the club with very little in return if anything. I think their logo on the shirt (the product we are actually selling is key!).

Very good signing in Matty Mcdonald. A midfielder with quality and an eye for goal. He scored 2 very good goals against us last season!!!.🙈..  the one at Central Park especially was a cracker.

Excellent work and the other sponsors on the strip look actually look good. I was just stating a personal preference. The red in the Collier logo and the size of the logo clashes with the colour of the strip.

Personally I think most sponsors on the front ruin the look, but beggars can't be choosers. 

What I meant re some sponsors not being that bothered, is that at lower levels they know the limited exposure is not going to make any difference to their business. Like Collier or Subsea for instance. Being on a Cowden top isn't going to make them any money. They don't do it for that reason.

2 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I am seldom lost for words but wow !

Why? A lot of fans have the same opinion. In fact, I remember some posts in recent years asking if the top was available without the sponsor.

Edited by PELE

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Why? A lot of fans have the same opinion.

When you say a lot of fans how many would that be approximately?

The whole concept of a shirt sponsor is that their brand is seen and visible as is with trackside and programe web etc. particularly important for local and expanding SME's as a relativelty cost effective way to extend reach and build local engagement.

Edited by Blue Oktober
typo

4 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

When you say a lot of fans how many would that be approximately?

The whole concept of a shirt sponsor is that their brand is seen and visible as is with trackside and programe web etc. particularly important for local and expanding SME's as a relativelty cost effective way to extend reach and build local engagement.

Get a grip. The front of shirt sponsor will not make a penny from sponsorship of Cowden. They know that full well. If they were meticulous with every pound spent on advertising the business, they wouldn't go near sponsoring a Lowland League club. I was only stating a personal preference. You guys do an amazing job for club, but you are a bit over touchy 🙂.