There was a coo

Anyone not at the game may laugh at this but we should be 4 of 5 goals clear at the break.

Hearts goalkeeper made some fantastic saves and Cowden were a bit wasteful on a couple of occasions. Then there was the lovely strike from miles out that went over the keeper but hit the underside of the bar and cleared.

Controlled almost the whole game apart from a 5-10 minute spell approaching the break.

Meh.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Anyone not at the game may laugh at this but we should be 4 of 5 goals clear at the break.

Hearts goalkeeper made some fantastic saves and Cowden were a bit wasteful on a couple of occasions. Then there was the lovely strike from miles out that went over the keeper but hit the underside of the bar and cleared.

Controlled almost the whole game apart from a 5-10 minute spell approaching the break.

Meh.

Was there a good Cowden crowd??

Did you see what rodden done?

Might be first home tonight 😀

The boys were magnificent tonight.  Second half was a bit more even, but it was still Cowdenbeath who made all the chances and forced the keeper into further great saves.  The goalie did make a mess of it for the penalty but he had a superb game, whereas Craig had very little to do saves wise.

Not sure what Rodden did at the end, he had been booked before, possibly said something to the ref, not sure.

Must have easily been 70-80 Cowden fans there again, maybe a bit more, gave them team great support and they in turn were very appreciative of the fans at the end.

Must admit I was completely crapping it the last 5 minutes, there was one close thing but the boys held firm.

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Might be first home tonight 😀

The boys were magnificent tonight.  Second half was a bit more even, but it was still Cowdenbeath who made all the chances and forced the keeper into further great saves.  The goalie did make a mess of it for the penalty but he had a superb game, whereas Craig had very little to do saves wise.

Not sure what Rodden did at the end, he had been booked before, possibly said something to the ref, not sure.

Must have easily been 70-80 Cowden fans there again, maybe a bit more, gave them team great support and they in turn were very appreciative of the fans at the end.

Must admit I was completely crapping it the last 5 minutes, there was one close thing but the boys held firm.

Think rodden said something not sure if it was to the ref or not as their captain was saying to the ref “you heard that” so not sure if he said it to the ref or their captain 

1 minute ago, therewasacoo said:

Think rodden said something not sure if it was to the ref or not as their captain was saying to the ref “you heard that” so not sure if he said it to the ref or their captain 

I heard the Hearts player complaining to the ref, which suggests it was directed at the Hearts player and not the ref.  It was obviously heard by the ref too, hence the straight red card.

3 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

I believe it was for a comment at the Hearts player which was stupid of him! Facing an unnecessary ban now!

Away from this, we were outstanding in the first half and worked socks off second half. The team are a joy to watch.

The tactics from Fox second half embarrassing. Encouraging a long ball from a Development team really poor.

7 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I heard the Hearts player complaining to the ref, which suggests it was directed at the Hearts player and not the ref.  It was obviously heard by the ref too, hence the straight red card.

Yeah I heard the Hearts player yell that, but not what Rodden had said. What a snivelly wee snitch.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It was about 10-2 to Cowden on chances created and a fully deserved win.  

Hearts were disappointing and the flow of the game was similar to the game at Central Park last season that Cowden won comfortably.

That’s a good summation of how it felt. I thought the Hearts lads looked a bit shell shocked first half they were getting pushed back so much, Cowden players were closing everything down.

Said it a couple of times but the Hearts keeper was immense, one I’ll be watching out for in the future.

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

Rodden will get a decent ban. Those type of comments aren’t tolerated these days 

Players chirp at each other all the time, really strong language used all over the pitch in every game you watch.  Can’t think it would be that serious an offence, a bit more so if it was directed at the referee who I thought was pretty decent. 

4 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Players chirp at each other all the time, really strong language used all over the pitch in every game you watch.  Can’t think it would be that serious an offence, a bit more so if it was directed at the referee who I thought was pretty decent. 

Was homophobic 

SFA don’t tolerate that 

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Said it a couple of times but the Hearts keeper was immense, one I’ll be watching out for in the future.

Liam McFarlane is a local lad (from Lochgelly).

He's got a great stature for a keeper and does have games like that, but is capable of making bad misjudgements/mistakes through rash actions (the penalty) or poor communication (almost conceded an o.g.).