There was a coo

2 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Alfie Robinson has joined broomhill

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Callum Murray on loan to the Haws.

Good luck to both. Alfie was too good not to get a place somewhere in the LL and Callum will benefit from hopefully regular game time.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Overall it was still a terrific performance and I thoroughly enjoyed my day out.

I would have taken a draw before the game started, but, definitely 2 points dropped. The lads will be grateful for a weeks rest before the CSS.

Great to see so many supporters out in attendance, I reckon about 70 +? 

Mon the miners, let's get the 3 points against the strollers!

Mon the miners!!!

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kept an eye on your result the day and was pleased when I saw you 2-0 up so early.

Ashame it ended a draw, liked what I saw from you and hoping you do well.

Anyone but EK please. 

Good win for you guys today equally I keep an eye on your results and enjoy watching  Arbroath upset the establishment in the Championship that to me is more about progression in Scottish football than a money backed fantasy operation that woud have Tom English salivating about ambition etc..........

3 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Good win for you guys today equally I keep an eye on your results and enjoy watching  Arbroath upset the establishment in the Championship that to me is more about progression in Scottish football than a money backed fantasy operation that woud have Tom English salivating about ambition etc..........

Absolutely agree here. We had some ding dongs with Arbroath in the not too distant past both on and off the pitch, but I do keep an eye out for them and long may their success last. A prime example of what can be achieved with a bit of vision, belief and outstanding backing from the people within the town.

7 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Came away from the game last Wednesday annoyed about the way we set up - thought it was very negative… but walking away from it with my dad though we both just ended up complimenting how well Cowden done and how fit and sharp you looked compared to last year. Also how many young lads there seemed to be - set up well and organised

Was worrying at the time but in hindsight and after watching highlights of other 2 performances you put in after playing us it was a case of just yourselves being good rather than ourselves being poor

Miles ahead of last year - Callum Elliot fair play - hope it translates over to the league 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Let's be blunt here. It was great to be in the league cup but we've started with possibly the hardest game we could this season? It's literally the best team remaining in the league from last season away from home. 

To get a point no matter the circumstances is a huge step forward for us compared to last year. This is exciting. We are genuinely good enough to compete this year. I have full faith in Callum and co to deliver the goods. Today is disappointing but not many other teams will go to Celtic B away and complain about getting a point. 

Couldn’t get through today due to other football commitments, when I got the Twitter alerts after 10 minutes that we were 2 up was buzzing.  And then the two alerts of dread near the end. 😩

Still, overall a good result, but I suppose the way it came about was a bit of a sucker punch.  Next week may answer a lot of questions as far as genuine prospects for the season, I’m very optimistic.

49 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Couldn’t get through today due to other football commitments, when I got the Twitter alerts after 10 minutes that we were 2 up was buzzing.  And then the two alerts of dread near the end. 😩

Still, overall a good result, but I suppose the way it came about was a bit of a sucker punch.  Next week may answer a lot of questions as far as genuine prospects for the season, I’m very optimistic.

At least there is no midweek game so players will get a wee rest after all the recent games against tough opposition.