There was a coo

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Love your optimism guys. 2 points in 3 games amd you're all loving life. More power to your elbows!

Two points in 2 games against a Championship side and highest ranking part time side in the country and a League 1 side who have been consistent in that division for 5 years is not bad going for a Lowland side.

Away back to your Ayrshire junior bubble.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

After what we've had to endure this is great. Sorry if it upsets you.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Two points in 2 games against a Championship side and highest ranking part time side in the country and a League 1 side who have been consistent in that division for 5 years is not bad going for a Lowland side.

Away back to your Ayrshire junior bubble.

I was genuinely complimenting you!!

Things I learnt from the match programme: Harry Maguire appeared at Central Park for Sheffield United in a pre season friendly 10 years ago and had an assist.

I’m sure a lot of you remember the game, but hand on heart, who really remembers Harry as he was a relatively unknown youngster? 😀

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Love your optimism guys. 2 points in 3 games amd you're all loving life. More power to your elbows!

We have drawn with a club playing in the Championship with 9 men left on the field  and would have deserved a win against a League One team today. Yes we are optimistic after many dire years on a downward spiral. 
Nobody is getting carried away but it’s good to see some decent football for a change and talented and motivated players on the pitch. 
Just great to feel positive about the direction we are taking. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

9 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Things I learnt from the match programme: Harry Maguire appeared at Central Park for Sheffield United in a pre season friendly 10 years ago and had an assist.

I’m sure a lot of you remember the game, but hand on heart, who really remembers Harry as he was a relatively unknown youngster? 😀

Can’t say any of their side stood out they were a L1 side at the time and not that great that day.

They changed their entire side at half time.

Davie Weir was their manager but didn’t last long that season.

They had quite a lot of fans up remember that more than Harry😀

Changed days we were a Championship side then and now instead of playing a big name English side played Rosyth and The Swifts this pre season funny old game as Greavesy would have said.

Edited by cowdenbeath

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can’t say any of their side stood out they were an L1 side at the time and not that great that day.

They changed their entire side at half time.

Davie Weir was their manager but didn’t last long that season.

They had quite a lot of fans up remember that more than Harry😀

Changed days we were a Championship side then and now instead of playing a big name English side played Rosyth and The Swifts this pre season funny old game as Greavesy would have said.

Good memory about Davie Weir, I don’t recall him managing anyone full stop! Looking at wiki it seems to have been fairly short lived.

They have fluctuated a lot around the leagues in the last decade, forgot they came back up again at the end of last season.

Good post match interview up on BBTV with Calum Elliott.  Quite correctly he said that next Saturday is the priority, so I expect some changes to Tuesday night’s team.  

Dougie Hill definitely deserves a wee breather after a great shift yesterday. I thought he and Gregor Jordan dealt very well with probably one of the best attacking line ups in the bottom two divisions.

14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Good post match interview up on BBTV with Calum Elliott.  Quite correctly he said that next Saturday is the priority, so I expect some changes to Tuesday night’s team.  

Dougie Hill definitely deserves a wee breather after a great shift yesterday. I thought he and Gregor Jordan dealt very well with probably one of the best attacking line ups in the bottom two divisions.

Hester and McAllister are certainly some forward line to have, coped with them well.

Brilliant last couple of results Cowden and I don't care what anyone says the manager/coach is the main guy in a team, the right coaching and man management brings out the best in anyone we should know after watching Potter turn a championship winning team to dugmeat in the space of a pre season , hope Elliot gets you there or there abouts fir promotion but  as you know the more success he has the more likely he'll get other offers 

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Brilliant last couple of results Cowden and I don't care what anyone says the manager/coach is the main guy in a team, the right coaching and man management brings out the best in anyone we should know after watching Potter turn a championship winning team to dugmeat in the space of a pre season , hope Elliot gets you there or there abouts fir promotion but  as you know the more success he has the more likely he'll get other offers 

Very true always the same with decent players and managers. He seems a very ambitious guy who you can see being in the SPFL eventually. Not even the end of July and he has already done an amazing job for us just what we needed.

Always thought Potter was a strange appointment for Kelty hardly done much at the Pars.

44 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

I would fully expect Elliot to get offers if we improve as much as we all think we will under his management but will be refreshing to lose a manager up the way rather than the string of recent “mutual agreements”

For his sake, I hope he wouldn’t jump at first offer and weighs up his options because I think he stands a real chance of being at a Club as full time manager.

Some of our players also look to me even at this early stage like they could easily be in SPFL