There was a coo

Thanks to all who attended last night. Nice to get a squad photo along with fans who turned up.

I understand some days or evenings won't suit everyone however the fact the club done this should be seen in a positive light. 

In regards to the number of players situation it's obvious why the first season we had so many so going over old ground there. This season we have replaced with so many as we want to be more competitive and do better. This group will do that.

There may be more incoming players there may b more outgoing but its all being done with the goal of being better and improving.

I believe next season for sure we will have way less turnaround of players as some of these players are on 2 year deals but also the players recruited have been scouted/sourced and well planned for this season and beyond. 

There's always going to b huge turnover of players in lowland league to b honest. Eg look at gretna/albion rovers 

It's a tough schedule just now that was sprung upon us so the squad needs help for the league Cup and start of league campaign. 

The pitch is also looking miles better so big compliments to the people who helped with that during the pre season because a few weeks ago it didn't look possible.

Everyone is helping and chipping in. Really proud of the club and its people who are doing everything it can.

Mon the cowden

6 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Thanks to all who attended last night. Nice to get a squad photo along with fans who turned up.

I understand some days or evenings won't suit everyone however the fact the club done this should be seen in a positive light. 

In regards to the number of players situation it's obvious why the first season we had so many so going over old ground there. This season we have replaced with so many as we want to be more competitive and do better. This group will do that.

There may be more incoming players there may b more outgoing but its all being done with the goal of being better and improving.

I believe next season for sure we will have way less turnaround of players as some of these players are on 2 year deals but also the players recruited have been scouted/sourced and well planned for this season and beyond. 

There's always going to b huge turnover of players in lowland league to b honest. Eg look at gretna/albion rovers 

It's a tough schedule just now that was sprung upon us so the squad needs help for the league Cup and start of league campaign. 

The pitch is also looking miles better so big compliments to the people who helped with that during the pre season because a few weeks ago it didn't look possible.

Everyone is helping and chipping in. Really proud of the club and its people who are doing everything it can.

Mon the cowden

I feel like yous are on a similar path to what we've been on, and Albion are likely on a similar one to yourselves last season. There is a large turnover at most clubs who are struggling, like you'd maybe expect Gretna, Albion to be, but I expect Cowden to be more like ourselves in the next couple of years in building to a stable squad and position that is capable of being at the right end of the table. You see that with most clubs up the top end who aren't simply pissing money at it, that they tend to be fairly settled.

Winning the league is a different prospect altogether with increasing quantities of money in the league, teams like Spartans having massive infrastructures around it all and the like, but even outside looking in it couldn't be much clearer that Cowden are in a far better position than they were this time 12, even 6 months ago. 

24 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I feel like yous are on a similar path to what we've been on, and Albion are likely on a similar one to yourselves last season. There is a large turnover at most clubs who are struggling, like you'd maybe expect Gretna, Albion to be, but I expect Cowden to be more like ourselves in the next couple of years in building to a stable squad and position that is capable of being at the right end of the table. You see that with most clubs up the top end who aren't simply pissing money at it, that they tend to be fairly settled.

Winning the league is a different prospect altogether with increasing quantities of money in the league, teams like Spartans having massive infrastructures around it all and the like, but even outside looking in it couldn't be much clearer that Cowden are in a far better position than they were this time 12, even 6 months ago. 

are you feeling okay mate? that almost seemed to be a positive statement from you

25 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Andy Rodden & Dougie Hill signed. 

Left back was required and Andy Rodden decent.

Dougie Hill will offer that bit of experience. Looking forward to the season ahead.

Edited by silkybeath

Regards Dougie's 1 month deal - I assume it's a tester to see if his body is still up to it? You don't need to be technically gifted at this level to do well so hopefully he's here longer than the month which I'd assume means he's doing well and everyone is happy.

42 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

In our regular series of ‘where are they now’ personal favourite Chris Aikamhenze has signed for Armadale Thistle.  Only his second start and he has notched a first half double tonight in a friendly.

Good luck at Armadale Chris.

I was at the game tonight. 1st goal was a penalty. 2nd was very well worked and finished. He looked sharp and up for it the whole game. 

28 minutes ago, Bathgate Brazil said:

I was at the game tonight. 1st goal was a penalty. 2nd was very well worked and finished. He looked sharp and up for it the whole game. 

Nice one, didn’t expect to hear from anyone there 👍

Hope he gets regular game time, it’s what any player that age needs. I think he was mostly sub in his period at Rosyth last season, though still notched a few goals here and there.

13 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Another two very decent signings. Dougie is a true Cowden legend and has been playing at higher levels. Even at his age I think that he could be a great addition to the team. Pleased with how things are shaping up. 

If he hits he ground running like Iain Davidson did, pretty close in age, will be a great signing.

7 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Another two very decent signings. Dougie is a true Cowden legend and has been playing at higher levels. Even at his age I think that he could be a great addition to the team. Pleased with how things are shaping up. 

Things are certainly looking well onwards and upwards!

15 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Maurice and his beast brigade?

Wondering what exactly is your beef with him? Comes across very personal.

Ah sorry mate, I forget that folk who have to resign in disgrace after racist comments who then go on to sign folk who sexually assault lasses at parties are 'great guys!'. Perhaps you should re-evaluate your undying support for him as it very much reflects on you.