There was a coo

I'm just playng catch-up on here and surprised it's not been mentioned. I don't know if it's the same programmes north of the border, but on Sunday's ITV4, Cowden's famous feature was on the best of Saint & Greavesie show.

It was this short feature that spiked my interest in the club as a youngster and planted the seed that made me think 'I'm going to go there one day'. I tried finding the footage in subsequent years but with no luck so delighted to see it for the first time in what must be more than 25 years.

It should be available to watch online via the ITV website for anyone who missed it... and if somebody to copy it and get it on youtube for future generations to enjoy, then that would be superb.

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I'm just playng catch-up on here and surprised it's not been mentioned. I don't know if it's the same programmes north of the border, but on Sunday's ITV4, Cowden's famous feature was on the best of Saint & Greavesie show.

It was this short feature that spiked my interest in the club as a youngster and planted the seed that made me think 'I'm going to go there one day'. I tried finding the footage in subsequent years but with no luck so delighted to see it for the first time in what must be more than 25 years.

It should be available to watch online via the ITV website for anyone who missed it... and if somebody to copy it and get it on youtube for future generations to enjoy, then that would be superb.

It's on YouTube "Saint&Greavsie Cowdenbeath 91/92". Hadn't seen it before, those were the days.

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

I remember that match. The rain was absolutely torrential. Only 2 of us stayed on the terracing and we were soaked through. Everyone else took shelter in the stand.

Absolutely brilliant article in the latest programme in response to a question about where all of last season’s players are, a very full summary.

A few that stand out for me, Sam Newman and Aiden Gilmartin mainly benchwarming at Spartans and East Kilbride, such a waste.

Sean Slaven starring for Ashfield alongside is a total stunner, do they not play offside in that league? 😉

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just noticed this in the fixture list, sure it’s been there for ages, but can’t remember it being mentioned anywhere.

Is there a reason for the home game v Hearts B being on Friday 15 December and not the Saturday?   Christmas Day out the Saturday? 🤣🤔

https://twitter.com/CowdenbeathFC/status/1692089687043723364?t=v7KYfz234oR8R_-30nByLw&s=19

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Absolutely brilliant article in the latest programme in response to a question about where all of last season’s players are, a very full summary.

A few that stand out for me, Sam Newman and Aiden Gilmartin mainly benchwarming at Spartans and East Kilbride, such a waste.

Sean Slaven starring for Ashfield alongside is a total stunner, do they not play offside in that league? 😉

David Struthers signed for Irvine Meadow this evening. 

19 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

As an update David Struthers has also joined Irvine Meadow

188 tickets sold in the Cowden end so far for Saturday. 118 tickets still remaining, although they can use the other sections of the away end if need be.

Any neutral looking at the tickets still available in the away end might be forgiven for thinking that we have almost sold out the entire stand. That's what I implied when I showed some work colleagues the ticket website 😁.

15 hours ago, PELE said:

188 tickets sold in the Cowden end so far for Saturday. 118 tickets still remaining, although they can use the other sections of the away end if need be.

Any neutral looking at the tickets still available in the away end might be forgiven for thinking that we have almost sold out the entire stand. That's what I implied when I showed some work colleagues the ticket website 😁.

That is not bad at all, almost outnumber the home support. 😉

Great effort from the fans e.g ticket numbers thus far. Long journey and although it wasnt/isnt the perfect draw just to be in this round i spose is a bonus compared to previous disastrous scottish cup campaigns. Dont think we have been in 3rd round in last 4 years maybe 5?

The players and staff will give their all of that I have no doubt.

Big Dunc and Gary Bollan in the opposite dugout tomorrow..... couple of hardy dundee lads right there lol. 

safe journey up tomorrow.

Mone the Cowden.

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Great effort from the fans e.g ticket numbers thus far. Long journey and although it wasnt/isnt the perfect draw just to be in this round i spose is a bonus compared to previous disastrous scottish cup campaigns. Dont think we have been in 3rd round in last 4 years maybe 5?

The players and staff will give their all of that I have no doubt.

Big Dunc and Gary Bollan in the opposite dugout tomorrow..... couple of hardy dundee lads right there lol. 

safe journey up tomorrow.

Mone the Cowden.

I didn't know Bollan had rocked up at Inversneckie. Hopefully he has instilled the defensive mindset into the team and they sit back in their own half and give us a chance 🙂.

Big Dunc is a Stirling lad, although he started his senior career at the Arabs.

206 tickets sold now. Hopefully a late surge or some fans buying one at the ground tomorrow.

Edited by PELE