There was a coo

23 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Yeah know what you mean. Really frosty and if frost does impact Saturday hopefully be milder for next Saturdays game. Not been at a game since the Albion rovers game and Kiwinning away.

Was looking forward to our festive season home games so hopefully weather doesn't spoil it.

Meant to ask is there appetite amongst supporters/volunteers to drive/ organise capitalising on the Celtic B game encouraging and contacting Celtic directly to get as many fans to the game/use of bar/hospitality since Celtic don't play until the Sunday. I previously got some Celtic fans to use the bar previously who enjoyed themselves but were surprised at how quiet it was. Happy to help in anyway 

The junction bar supporters club will be in the lounge from 1pm for a few beers along with some of our good friends whom are celtic, the more the merrier lets get behind the club and have the lounge busy with good atmosphere.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

The junction bar supporters club will be in the lounge from 1pm for a few beers along with some of our good friends whom are celtic, the more the merrier lets get behind the club and have the lounge busy with good atmosphere.

Great stuff 

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aberdeen played in Finland, snow covered the pitch and a temp of -9C!

That's warm for Finland 🥶. They have astro pitches which don't freeze easily as well. All they usually have to do is brush the snow off.

52 minutes ago, PELE said:

That's warm for Finland 🥶. They have astro pitches which don't freeze easily as well. All they usually have to do is brush the snow off.

When I was young I was at a few Cowden games when they just cleared the lines and played with an orange ball with the players wearing trainers if the pitch was too hard to take a stud.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

When I was young I was at a few Cowden games when they just cleared the lines and played with an orange ball with the players wearing trainers if the pitch was too hard to take a stud.

Remember those days well I think the ball came from the Fowlis general store.

2 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Remember those days well I think the ball came from the Fowlis general store.

Davie Fowlis sports shop where you bought your season ticket back in the day had that and the Intersport shop managed by former Pars player Willie Cunningham.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Davie Fowlis sports shop where you bought your season ticket back in the day had that and the Intersport shop managed by former Pars player Willie Cunningham.

Yes I  think I still have an old season ticket book from there 

33 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Yes I  think I still have an old season ticket book from there 

The books haven't changed much only difference was back then you paid extra for the stand which meant you had 2 tickets for a game 1 to get in the ground and 1 to get in the stand.

At a loose end, no Cowden game, daughter’s fitba off, but I see the shop is open for a spell this afternoon,  tempted to take a drive over. Looks like lots of goodies from the video you posted on Facebook @silkybeath.  Are you opening 1.45 to 3 ish?

Is the snow not too bad in Cowdenbeath and surrounding area?