There was a coo

3-1 win last night against Shotts Bon Accord sets us up for our first league match of the season on Saturday.  How we all feeling for the season?

I'm expecting us to be similar to last season but we're going to have a stinking start to the season.  Tranent at home is a bad start.  CSS after who always beat us.  Going to be a slow start no doubt but we will hit a run of form at some point!

14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

3-1 win last night against Shotts Bon Accord sets us up for our first league match of the season on Saturday.  How we all feeling for the season?

I'm expecting us to be similar to last season but we're going to have a stinking start to the season.  Tranent at home is a bad start.  CSS after who always beat us.  Going to be a slow start no doubt but we will hit a run of form at some point!

A game of 2 halves. Shotts being better in the first, but you stepping up a gear in the second. It was a decent game and even had a wee fight/handbags in the second half. Quite happy with Shotts showing, daft errors aside.

Your number 6 is quite good, maybe not as good as he thinks he is though.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I have only seen one match pre season, but I am worried that we will hovering just above the bottom handful of teams.  Small squad and already have some injuries. I hope we do better and maybe get a few more loan players in. All down to money though. Saturday will give a good indication.

I think we have a starting 11 that could trouble every team in this league. The 11 being the same that started against stenny pre season. Its the depth I worry about half way into the season when boys start picking up knocks and niggles thats when I worry. Yes its alot of the core from last season but the style/formation is totally different from what they were used to. I like the back 3 idea and doc roaming where he likes we just need to tighten up on few silly errors which we will the more these lads play together. Saturday at home to tranent, 2-0 cowden!!

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

I think we have a starting 11 that could trouble every team in this league. The 11 being the same that started against stenny pre season. Its the depth I worry about half way into the season when boys start picking up knocks and niggles thats when I worry. Yes its alot of the core from last season but the style/formation is totally different from what they were used to. I like the back 3 idea and doc roaming where he likes we just need to tighten up on few silly errors which we will the more these lads play together. Saturday at home to tranent, 2-0 cowden!!

So what is our best line up?  I've not been to a game in years so have no idea who is who 😢

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Tranent will be difficult as ever, but looking forward to it, maybe first game is a good time to get them.

Strollers have been struggling a bit pre-season, we have to start putting teams like that away, though I think they have made a couple of signings the last few days.

I'm quite optimistic. We are starting from a stronger base than the season before and have made some good signings. Butterworth is a loss obviously and we still need another keeper. The lack of depth in the squad is the big concern. Players will have to try and steer clear of yellow and red cards at all costs. Top six too much to ask?

3 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

I'm quite optimistic. We are starting from a stronger base than the season before and have made some good signings. Butterworth is a loss obviously and we still need another keeper. The lack of depth in the squad is the big concern. Players will have to try and steer clear of yellow and red cards at all costs. Top six too much to ask?

I hate to say it, but I'll be astonished if we get near the top six. I hope we do, but I can't see it. With Mac1 being out, will Sutherland start up front?

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Tranent will be difficult as ever, but looking forward to it, maybe first game is a good time to get them.

Strollers have been struggling a bit pre-season, we have to start putting teams like that away, though I think they have made a couple of signings the last few days.

Strollers have lost a few players, big Faye is back.

No doubt a lot of you will have seen these pictures from a couple of days ago, seen a video as well of them trotting around the B&M car park 😀

I’m taking this as a portent of good for this weekend. 😉

IMG_4998.png

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

No doubt a lot of you will have seen these pictures from a couple of days ago, seen a video as well of them trotting around the B&M car park 😀

I’m taking this as a portent of good for this weekend. 😉

IMG_4998.png

They're no there noo...

First league game of the season tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I feel we have a good and competitive starting 11. However it’s a small squad and we have picked up injuries already. Tranent will definitely be fighting at the top end of the LL this season so this is a big test for us. Weather forecast is excellent so I’m looking forward to see how we get on. 

11 minutes ago, onecowden said:

First league game of the season tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. I feel we have a good and competitive starting 11. However it’s a small squad and we have picked up injuries already. Tranent will definitely be fighting at the top end of the LL this season so this is a big test for us. Weather forecast is excellent so I’m looking forward to see how we get on. 

Lot of new players bedding into our squad but they have looked capable enough in pre-season. Don't doubt tomorrow will be a tough trip. First time up, looking forward to it!

26 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Seems very low key build up to the game, thought there would have been a bit more of a publicity drive for the first game, but nothing much heard at all.

16 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Lot of new players bedding into our squad but they have looked capable enough in pre-season. Don't doubt tomorrow will be a tough trip. First time up, looking forward to it!

If it’s a nice day I’d recommend watching from the top of the terracing, best view in the house in my mind.   A lot of away fans tend to head for the stand, but there’s no segregation so can wander about where you like.

I actually prefer the old stand to the new one, usually go in there if the weather is rubbish.