There was a coo

49 minutes ago, UpInTheStand said:

One of the very few things I enjoyed about visiting Central Park yesterday was all the 'Juniors' shouts, bearing in mind the teams play in the same league. 

Not sure what you mean about not seeing them again? You'll see them at least twice again this season? 

Without significant investment, Cowden will never return to league football, so you better get used to watching these 'Junior' teams...

I won't see them again because I won't go. So keep your smarty comments to yourself. I've seen enough junior fitba. I don't need to see adults running around behaving like kids.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

A new ground for me although I have passed it on the train.  Currently sitting 10th in the second tier.

Got a feeling logistically it will not be possible for us to get down there on the 28th October unless wee yin’s game is extremely early which is not the norm these days. 😬

Should be a great day out for Cowden fans though 😀

Edited by Cowdenleith

Had a good day out in Kilwinning 30 year ago watching Kelty in the Scottish , good pint in The Lemon Tree (might not still be around) then a few of the locals signed us into the The Lodge could've been Masonic but was very pished by then , locals were a wee bit hostile 😂😂

32 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I'd love to do this trip. Looking at their wikipedia page, it seems that I'd be able to gaze up at the old Manchester United training ground floodlights, just like I did as a kid! Haha. Funny the things you learn...

Right next to the train line as well station is not that far.

45 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Had a good day out in Kilwinning 30 year ago watching Kelty in the Scottish , good pint in The Lemon Tree (might not still be around) then a few of the locals signed us into the The Lodge could've been Masonic but was very pished by then , locals were a wee bit hostile 😂😂

I  was at your final against them in 99 got my photo in the Central Fife Times😃

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Their old ground at Abbey Park had much more character and was closer to the town centre.

It was a hovel though and further from the train station than the present one.  The new one may not have the character and history but it's fine and much more modern.  You will be able to get a drink at the bar within the ground and should hopefully have a good day out.  The Lemon Tree is still there in the town centre.

We drew Forfar at home in last season's competition and I got the distinct impression from sitting next to them that their committee were looking down their noses at the ground and at our level of football in general.  Hopefully you guys will enjoy your visit to a ground which is only 4/5 years old and is still in development.

5 hours ago, UpInTheStand said:

One of the very few things I enjoyed about visiting Central Park yesterday was all the 'Juniors' shouts, bearing in mind the teams play in the same league. 

Not sure what you mean about not seeing them again? You'll see them at least twice again this season? 

Without significant investment, Cowden will never return to league football, so you better get used to watching these 'Junior' teams...

#HailTheCowden

Cracking tie, I was hoping for the Buffs, Dunbar or St Andrew's for a new away day. 

Buffs usually a solid outfit in the wosfl premier, but, not of to the greatest of starts in tier 7. By no means an easy tie, but, a different challenge.

I'm sure some Steadythebuffs fans can recommend some establishments for a pre-match beverage?

Mon the cooo!

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

They are still living in the "junior world" surrounding the ref after every decision.

Wanting players booked or sent off. Well that backfired yesterday. One of theirs sent off, goodness knows how many booked and two penalties against. Says it all. Look forward to not seeing them again.

I couldn't imagine what the centenary cup final was like playing Whitburn. That team also acts up like a bunch of tarts.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

It was a hovel though and further from the train station than the present one.  The new one may not have the character and history but it's fine and much more modern.  You will be able to get a drink at the bar within the ground and should hopefully have a good day out.  The Lemon Tree is still there in the town centre.

We drew Forfar at home in last season's competition and I got the distinct impression from sitting next to them that their committee were looking down their noses at the ground and at our level of football in general.  Hopefully you guys will enjoy your visit to a ground which is only 4/5 years old and is still in development.

Looks like an interesting draw. Don’t see Cowdenbeath looking down our noses at anyone. Sadly can’t see me being able to make the trip but sounds like it will be a good experience for our travelling support.