There was a coo

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

I will probably be mocked for this, and maybe rightly so, but I am almost feeling more frustrated with the team this season than I was last season.

I suppose last season the expectations were pretty low, maybe that’s why I am feeling this way.

I can see how you are thinking clearly we are a far better team than last season when we never looked like winning, now we seem to switch off at times when in commanding positions.

Your frustration will come from us losing leads, I think overall come the end of the season we will be ok.

I have missed all the games this week so can't comment on what has happened.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I will probably be mocked for this, and maybe rightly so, but I am almost feeling more frustrated with the team this season than I was last season.

I suppose last season the expectations were pretty low, maybe that’s why I am feeling this way.

No you aren't the only one. From going to a game thinking we are going to win, it's "how many do we have to score to get through this?"

So disappointing.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

I can see how you are thinking clearly we are a far better team than last season when we never looked like winning, now we seem to switch off at times when in commanding positions.

Your frustration will come from us losing leads, I think overall come the end of the season we will be ok.

I have missed all the games this week so can't comment on what has happened.

Must be a bad one to have you miss the games, especially at home, hopefully nearly out the other side.

Yeah, missed it too, unfortunately standing in the cold driving rain in Fauldhouse this morning for 80 minutes meant we had to rethink our plans to come straight over, we were all soaked and freezing.

I don’t usually like to comment on games I’ve not been at, the Braves Twitter comments said we were all over them at the start, pity couldn’t have put it out of sight (which would need to be at least 3 goals 😬)

5 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Must be a bad one to have you miss the games, especially at home, hopefully nearly out the other side.

Yeah, missed it too, unfortunately standing in the cold driving rain in Fauldhouse this morning for 80 minutes meant we had to rethink our plans to come straight over, we were all soaked and freezing.

I don’t usually like to comment on games I’ve not been at, the Braves Twitter comments said we were all over them at the start, pity couldn’t have put it out of sight (which would need to be at least 3 goals 😬)

My mate who was there said we were all over them the first half.

Really disappointing second half and giving away 2 goals despite a strong performance first half 

What frustrates me more as I was crying out for someone to cover the back post at the corner and that's exactly where the ball ended up.

We have to improve defending corners.

We have to finish teams off.

Edited by Cowden316

15 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Really disappointing second half and giving away 2 goals despite a strong performance first half 

What frustrates me more as I was crying out for someone to cover the back post at the corner and that's exactly where the ball ended up.

We have to improve defending corners.

We have to finish teams off.

Not another corner!

We should have been out of sight, although their keeper had little to do! Seem to struggle with the last phase to create openings.

First goal from Braves was a good finish but they were fortunate around the opening. The second goal was inevitable and was guaranteed to come from a corner. We had about 12 corners ourselves but didn't threaten. 

Callum will know what is best as we look to build a winning team. Need someone that will control set pieces.

It is really frustrating as Cowdenleith said but nowhere near as depressing as last season. That can never be compared too!

Edited by silkybeath

5 draws and safe to say 2 points dropped in each of them matches!

Oh well!

A lot to look forward to next week. With the SCC draw tomorrow hopefully it can throw up a nice away day to a team outwith the LL 😎 fingers crossed for St Andys/Dunbar.

Hope we start to improve our ability to see out games, we do so well to get ahead, then we flick the switch off. Kilwinning are unbeaten in 8 and also produced a comeback in the last round from 2-0 down to beat DD bluebell 3-2.

A relentless 90mins (+) required. Mon the coo!

15 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Are we just lacking experience to see out a lead or is it our tactics that see us blow these leads?  

Mind the gap for the equalizer.  Basic defense to cover both posts at set pieces. Coaching needed now to ensure Cowden stay tight at the back. Such howlers should never happen  again.

5 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Mind the gap for the equalizer.  Basic defense to cover both posts at set pieces. Coaching needed now to ensure Cowden stay tight at the back. Such howlers should never happen  again.

We've been saying that for a while now. Any set pieces are dangerous for us.