There was a coo

This was always going to be a closely contested tie. Delighted to get through and in the draw for the 3rd round. It would be nice to get a favourable and winnable tie. Well done to all involved today. Happy weekend everyone. 🎉🎉🍾🍾⚽⚽

Just home after a decent drive back, enjoyable day out going somewhere different, and the perfect result.  

Kilwinning started the second half quite well, but we started getting more and more success down the right wing through Ewan McPherson, just the last ball lacking on a couple of occasions.

Mikey took his goal very well capitalising on a blunder, but he still had a lot of work to do.  A couple of scary moments in the last 10 minutes, but Craig was up to the task, well done son.

Lovely to see the players come over to celebrate with the fans at the end, great spirit between players and fans.  Must have been well over 100 Cowden fans there.

Kilwinning have a good set up and the couple of locals we spoke to (including older gent who used to be a groundsman at the old ground) were very nice.  I expect they will be disappointed to have not forced extra time.

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just home after a decent drive back, enjoyable day out going somewhere different, and the perfect result.  

Kilwinning started the second half quite well, but we started getting more and more success down the right wing through Ewan McPherson, just the last ball lacking on a couple of occasions.

Mikey took his goal very well capitalising on a blunder, but he still had a lot of work to do.  A couple of scary moments in the last 10 minutes, but Craig was up to the task, well done son.

Lovely to see the players come over to celebrate with the fans at the end, great spirit between players and fans.  Must have been well over 100 Cowden fans there.

Kilwinning have a good set up and the couple of locals we spoke to (including older gent who used to be a groundsman at the old ground) were very nice.  I expect they will be disappointed to have not forced extra time.

I was disappointed as I didn't think there was a lot in the match but in saying that, I don't think we had any clear cut opportunities and your goalkeeper didn't have a lot to do.  I think there was a difference in composure between the sides - your defenders were a bit calmer on the ball and you won must of the second balls with good positioning and movement.  But we competed well and considering our last season was a total disaster it was very encouraging to see us compete against a side about 35 places above us in the pyramid.

By the way - the goal was a fantastic finish - I'm not sure how well you saw it but I was right behind it and the striker curled it from outside the post just inside at the last moment. It was perfect but very deflating from our point of view, especially at that point in the match.

Edited by energyzone

3 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I was disappointed as I didn't think there was a lot in the match but in saying that, I don't think we had any clear cut opportunities and your goalkeeper didn't have a lot to do.  I think there was a difference in composure between the sides - your defenders were a bit calmer on the ball and you won must of the second balls with good positioning and movement.  But we competed well and considering our last season was a total disaster it was very encouraging to see us compete against a side about 35 places above us in the pyramid.

By the way - the goal was a fantastic finish - I'm not sure how well you saw it but I was right behind it and the striker curled it from outside the post just inside at the last moment. It was perfect but very deflating from our point of view, especially at that point in the match.

Really an enjoyable day and not just for the result. Spoke to a few of your committee really really good guys and got a real in site on how the new park was built and all the work, really  good guys.

9 minutes ago, energyzone said:

You definitely had a better view of the goal than us, we were on the back terracing around the edge of the penalty box at the end we were attacking second half. I thought that the goalie got a touch on the way in?

Any idea of the attendance, maybe 5-600?

12 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

You definitely had a better view of the goal than us, we were on the back terracing around the edge of the penalty box at the end we were attacking second half. I thought that the goalie got a touch on the way in?

Any idea of the attendance, maybe 5-600?

527 on BBC site. Goal was a good finish looked like it was going out but curled in, I think the keeper may have got a slight touch. I was in the seats got a good view.

Expected fire and brimstone on and off the park from Kilwinning but actually it was very civilised all round.  

Fantastic setup and great wee day out.

Boy with the long throws should contact the Guinness book of world records.  Amazing.

39 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Thoughts for the draw, I'd like someone we've a good chance to beat and if we navigate that Aberdeen at CP for a good chance of a televised game. 

Yeah part of me would like a tie that we could have a good chance of winning and through to the 4th round.

The other option would be an away tie at someone like Dundee Utd or Dunfermline which would probably guarantee us £20-£25k in gate money that could be put towards next season. Slim chance right enough when there are 40 names in the hat. 😆

Just great being in the draw.

Edited by Cowdenleith