There was a coo

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I was being a little mischievous. 😀

Just under 1200 tickets sold, 217 in the Cowden end so far. I am sure there will be more buying a ticket at the ground.

Anyone know if we have a fully fit squad for tomorrow?

3 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Check out the retro blankets. No need for Xmas throws with this beauty.

20231124_171733.jpg

Might need the blanket tomorrow to keep warm. Are we getting the full range? Beach towel next.

Edited by PELE

10 hours ago, PELE said:

Might need the blanket tomorrow to keep warm. Are we getting the full range? Beach towel next.

My first visit was in December 96, baltic with a frozen  pitch. We were the them end behind the goal uncovered terrace the lassie in the shop took pity on us and gave us a box of pies in the 2nd half when they shut the shop.

Sadly I thing Dougie's body is telling him enough is enough. Was delighted to have him back but to be brutally honest, was part of a defence that leaked loads of goals from crosses and couldn't keep himself fit.

Wish him well and always will be remembered as a brilliant servent for us.

35 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Sadly I thing Dougie's body is telling him enough is enough. Was delighted to have him back but to be brutally honest, was part of a defence that leaked loads of goals from crosses and couldn't keep himself fit.

Wish him well and always will be remembered as a brilliant servent for us.

Sadly age has caught up.

Nothing to be disappointed about players should hold their head up high, we held a full time championship side for 80mins, interesting to see us try play from the back all game thought it worked out well until the ball went to jack tait, the only weak player in the side for me unfortunately, plenty of average opportunities but the work rate was brilliant, was never going to be easy when they bring on a player who just played in the world cup and a prolific goalscorer in the Scottish game in Mckay. A great day out lovely views on the drive up and in the ground, rotten home support in numbers and atmosphere. Thanks again to all who traveled on the junction bus. 

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Nothing to be disappointed about players should hold their head up high, we held a full time championship side for 80mins, interesting to see us try play from the back all game thought it worked out well until the ball went to jack tait, the only weak player in the side for me unfortunately, plenty of average opportunities but the work rate was brilliant, was never going to be easy when they bring on a player who just played in the world cup and a prolific goalscorer in the Scottish game in Mckay. A great day out lovely views on the drive up and in the ground, rotten home support in numbers and atmosphere. Thanks again to all who traveled on the junction bus. 

I thought the crowd was better than it was going to be. Not much of an attraction for Caley fans playing an LL side not on the season ticket same thing has happened to us in the South Challenge Cup with a few season ticket holders not going.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I thought the crowd was better than it was going to be. Not much of an attraction for Caley fans playing an LL side not on the season ticket same thing has happened to us in the South Challenge Cup with a few season ticket holders not going.

Caley fans well known for not backing their players. Even with several thousand there little or no noise. Weird.

With the greatest of respect, Cowdenbeath in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup on a freezing cold day isn't really going to get bums on seats.  500 season tickets holders stayed away going by the crowd, myself included, I went to the pub instead and definitely had a better time.

I think a lot of The Caley fans still have PTSD from the last 12 months of Doddsball, I certainly do.  I still think we're going to concede every time the other team has the ball in our half, even though Boyes and Ujdur have been solid so far at centre half, and I think the players are still mentally frail as fuck, hopefully Ferguson can bring them round.

When I saw the starting XI on Saturday, I knew it would be a slog and it would take our Championship forward line to bail us out.  A lot of those guys don't start for us in the league, some don't even get minutes in the league, and more or less the same side on Saturday drew with Highland League Nairn County only 6 weeks ago, so it's definitely a weak squad when you get past our Championship starters. January can't come quick enough.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

With the greatest of respect, Cowdenbeath in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup on a freezing cold day isn't really going to get bums on seats.  500 season tickets holders stayed away going by the crowd, myself included, I went to the pub instead and definitely had a better time.

I think a lot of The Caley fans still have PTSD from the last 12 months of Doddsball, I certainly do.  I still think we're going to concede every time the other team has the ball in our half, even though Boyes and Ujdur have been solid so far at centre half, and I think the players are still mentally frail as f**k, hopefully Ferguson can bring them round.

When I saw the starting XI on Saturday, I knew it would be a slog and it would take our Championship forward line to bail us out.  A lot of those guys don't start for us in the league, some don't even get minutes in the league, and more or less the same side on Saturday drew with Highland League Nairn County only 6 weeks ago, so it's definitely a weak squad when you get past our Championship starters. January can't come quick enough.

Good home draw against another Lowland League side in the next round. Best of luck for the rest of the competition. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think a lot of The Caley fans still have PTSD from the last 12 months of Doddsball, I certainly do.  I still think we're going to concede every time the other team has the ball in our half, even though Boyes and Ujdur have been solid so far at centre half, and I think the players are still mentally frail as f**k, hopefully Ferguson can bring them round.

You are correct, it wasn't an impressive display from Caley. We showed them too much respect. They did score one good goal though.

10/10 for the Cowden fans though, you would have thought they were the home team.