There was a coo

8 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Was the player responsible red carded and if not, why not?? 

He wasn’t, yellow carded.

He was one of a number of overweight Ormiston players, maybe the referee went with the old ‘got there as fast as he could’ adage, I don’t know. 🤣

The VEO camera would have been bang in line with it, right in the middle of the pitch, so would have got a good view. 

Possibly the Cowden reaction was due to the stupidity of the timing of it, when game was almost up and nothing at stake.

Forgot to mention yesterday, there was very good support for the team yesterday, guy I was speaking to who mostly goes to games locally like Musselburgh and Haddington commented on it, he was quite surprised. Reckon the crowd was somewhere in the 120 range with a half to two thirds supporting Cowdenbeath.

33 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

He wasn’t, yellow carded.

He was one of a number of overweight Ormiston players, maybe the referee went with the old ‘got there as fast as he could’ adage, I don’t know. 🤣

The VEO camera would have been bang in line with it, right in the middle of the pitch, so would have got a good view. 

Possibly the Cowden reaction was due to the stupidity of the timing of it, when game was almost up and nothing at stake.

Forgot to mention yesterday, there was very good support for the team yesterday, guy I was speaking to who mostly goes to games locally like Musselburgh and Haddington commented on it, he was quite surprised. Reckon the crowd was somewhere in the 120 range with a half to two thirds supporting Cowdenbeath.

I counted 123 so a good guess! 97 people paid in and kids under 16 got in free plus club officials.

I quite liked it really nice folk there running their club plus I met former Cowden legends Dave McGovern who lives near the ground and is on their committee , and Keith McCulloch.

A nice touch in the pavilion!

Edited by cowdenbeath

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I counted 123 so a good guess! 97 people paid in and kids under 16 got in free plus club officials.

I quite liked it really nice folk there running their club plus I met former Cowden legends Dave McGovern who lives near the ground and is on their committee , and Keith McCulloch.

No wonder they have fat players:lol:

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Very nice gesture, always seemed a decent bunch the few times have been there.

Noticed that Craig Hepburn was on the St Johnstone bench the last couple of games. Think Josh Rae is the regular back up, maybe injured?

Good experience for Craig, though seems a shame he’s not getting regular game time somewhere which I believe a keeper of that age needs.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Noticed that Craig Hepburn was on the St Johnstone bench the last couple of games. Think Josh Rae is the regular back up, maybe injured?

Good experience for Craig, though seems a shame he’s not getting regular game time somewhere which I believe a keeper of that age needs.

Josh Rae is the first choice keeper I believe.

Ross Sinclair has started the last few games as well. 

Both former Cowdenbeath keepers as well.