There was a coo

Wasnt going to post but I will for the true fans who deserve to know or hear what is going on. Yesterday was an unacceptable performance 100% no issues with fans being disappointed and disillusioned. I feel as a club we have gone down a route that was needed for years. We have had to sign 21 players from scratch and a brand new staff. Its impossible to get the recruitment all correct and I agree it should be better on the pitch.
Experienced players have been approached and offered of that I can guarantee. Players from last season were offered terms of that i can guarantee. Why they dont join is likely 3 fold. Not enough money. Or not an enticing proposition to join the club or finally d9nt want to play lowland league.
The young players brought in are work in progress and yes maybe a few wont be up to it but that's for them to prove the fans wrong. They are being given a wonderful opportunity to go showcase their talent they have been treated well by the club and deserve after yday the fans and club a performance.
The manager and his staff are not daft they understand they need to win football games and that helps the situation. The club are doing everything to ensure we start winning games and the fact we have had no physio since start of season  would also be an issue.
As a fan I felt let down by the players yesterday to be honest. Something I cant really say so far even though we lost games.
I would ask that fans keep supporting the club by coming to games and trying to keep positive rock bottom is now officially here and this club needs its hardy supporters more than ever.
The club is also speaking to a couple experienced players to potentially bring in to help improve the quality and standards and results. Whether they happen will tbh likely down to money. Money that the club are trying hard to find and source.
The position thr club is in is not great and I 100% believe that we will b end of season b much higher than we are just now. I know the staff work day and night to try get things right.
Sinclaur and slaven back soon will help. 
I'm sorry that things are not great just now it genuinely hurts me and I know it hurts others who give their life and soul to this club.
We will do all we can to win football games. Hopefully starting a week on Tuesday.
Mon the cowden.

Echo everything Nelly has said its frustrating l being on the inside and being a fan at the same time , even more frustrating seeing how hard the coaching staff are working on improving us. I still firmly believe we can get out of this and get going. The work the staff are putting in is unbelievable i commit when i can but nothing can compare to the likes of Nelly who is an absolute hero !

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

I don’t know why you never went round the Fife teams and picked up the best from HoB , Dundonald, Oakley ,Swifts etc  some really decent young and experienced ones at Glenrothes as well 🤷‍♂️

It's not so easy. A lot of the "good" ones are under contract. Or were by the time the club were in a position to recruit. The club doesnt really have money to spend on transfer fees.

There is no scouting department however things are in place to improve this for future seasons ie being more active in the local market by watching players from teams like HOB and swifts etc etc.

It's not championship manager sadly where u can just go round a team and pick up their best players...

I still maintain that there is a nucleus of a very good team there If all fit and and playing in a settled team. 

If 1 or even 2 can be added to improve quality and experience the club will 100% do it. May mean 1 or 2 moving on or going on loan who knows. 

4 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Wasnt going to post but I will for the true fans who deserve to know or hear what is going on. Yesterday was an unacceptable performance 100% no issues with fans being disappointed and disillusioned. I feel as a club we have gone down a route that was needed for years. We have had to sign 21 players from scratch and a brand new staff. Its impossible to get the recruitment all correct and I agree it should be better on the pitch.

Experienced players have been approached and offered of that I can guarantee. Players from last season were offered terms of that i can guarantee. Why they dont join is likely 3 fold. Not enough money. Or not an enticing proposition to join the club or finally d9nt want to play lowland league.

The young players brought in are work in progress and yes maybe a few wont be up to it but that's for them to prove the fans wrong. They are being given a wonderful opportunity to go showcase their talent they have been treated well by the club and deserve after yday the fans and club a performance.

The manager and his staff are not daft they understand they need to win football games and that helps the situation. The club are doing everything to ensure we start winning games and the fact we have had no physio since start of season  would also be an issue.

As a fan I felt let down by the players yesterday to be honest. Something I cant really say so far even though we lost games.

I would ask that fans keep supporting the club by coming to games and trying to keep positive rock bottom is now officially here and this club needs its hardy supporters more than ever.

The club is also speaking to a couple experienced players to potentially bring in to help improve the quality and standards and results. Whether they happen will tbh likely down to money. Money that the club are trying hard to find and source.

The position thr club is in is not great and I 100% believe that we will b end of season b much higher than we are just now. I know the staff work day and night to try get things right.

I'm sorry that things are not great just now it genuinely hurts me and I know it hurts others who give their life and soul to this club.

We will do all we can to win football games. Hopefully starting a week on Tuesday.

Mon the cowden.

As others have written, guys like yourself should not be apologising. Thanks for continuing to keep the supporters updated.

Hopefully see a Nelly run around the dugout celebration soon.

4 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Mon the cowden.

I didn't go yesterday, so can't comment on the performance, but I didn't expect us to win, especially with a few players missing and Martins just coming back after injury.

I thought our performance against Dalbeatie was by far the worst. It was a game we should have been looking to win and should have won if we played like we did in other games. Like a few have said, we just punted it forward, even though the Dalbeatie players sat way off our players most of the game.

Some of the players should be encouraged to take opposition players on. So what if they lose the ball, at least have a go. All we did was make meaningless sideways passes and eventually just launch it straight to the opposition. Football really is a simple game. Too many people now overthink it and try to copy whatever the latest tactical trend is.

As for the people like yourself behind the scenes at Central Park, nobody can criticise any of you. As has been said, you all put in an enormous effort and the club wouldn't exist if you guys (and girls) were not there.

Just to reply on the recruitment side of it. I hear the comments of young lads from academies if you actually look at signings. Most have came from similar level or leagues below us. Yes 5 or 6 from academies or full time teams.

So ruddy came from east kilbride.

Farrell came from west of Scotland.

Bisland promising youngster loan from Dundee utd. 

Sam newman from spartans same league.

Jordan armstrong. Signed from alloa. 24 or 25 and spfl experience. We won his signature over a team from league 2 and EK.

Mackenzie lemon. Signed from falkirk. I'm sure he played over 10 times in league 1. So on paper a good signing and promising signing.

Daniel Martin's. Signed from gretna team in same league.

Alfie robinson. Signed from albion rovers league 2. He was offered a contract and wanted to come to cowden.

Lucas berry. At edi city last season and played 15 to 20 games?.

Cammy graham signed from stenhousemuir. 

Jack garrad. Signed from championship and was impressive In his loan at blackburn utd a league or 2 below which is where he was spotted. Airdrie had him on trial for 4 games and he did well.

Stuart love signed from oakley. Their top goalscorer and captain and main player. The epitome of a signing a player from local and below our league.

Scott Sinclair. Top goalscorer from a few levels below. Proper striker and for sure will go up level(s) in 2 or 3 years time.

Ben weekes. Signed from falkirk after being on loan at penicuik. 

Harry Osborne. Signed from a lower level.

Johnny jarron. Signed from edi city 

Sean slaven. Good pedigree and knows the league.

Aikenhemze. Only player from last season. Played at a Lower level before cowden.

Donaldson and struthers ex st mirren so ex academy players.

Loan signings from st mirren gilmartin and thomson.

Its just a lot mentioned about criteria of signings but theres not that much academy players in there eg coming right from academy to play..in our first team.

Theres a varied mix of signing promising players from lower level. A proven player or 2 at lower level and signing boys who maybe ain't quite doing it at league 1 or 2.. but with potential to take a step down to step back up.

Has all players signed been a success no. However reality it is ANY football club you hope to get 75% right that's if you sign 5 10 15 or in our case 21.. reality is you probs get 40 to 50% right.. for example stenny how many signings did they make and how many were deemed "duds".

People opinions on all signings is up for debate but there is a nucleus of a good team there. The long term plan would be to put things in place to add players to a core group that have been scouted and watched and fit the club budget and identity.

9 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Easy t be a smart arse mate. You have actually been fairly reasonable recently but old habits clearly die hard. If you were in our position, I’d imagine as a passionate fan of your team, you would be far from happy. Read my earlier post and tell me which parts you disagree with. We have a team full of unproven kids and we are second bottom of the Lowland fucking league. No towel throwing in here, just a reality check. If your team ever win f**k all you might understand. 

Not sure where I was being a smart arse? You're happy to moan but offer no solutions. That was my main point unsure how you have taken that like a moody teenager.

7 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Just to reply on the recruitment side of it. I hear the comments of young lads from academies if you actually look at signings. Most have came from similar level or leagues below us. Yes 5 or 6 from academies or full time teams.

So ruddy came from east kilbride.

Farrell came from west of Scotland.

Bisland promising youngster loan from Dundee utd. 

Sam newman from spartans same league.

Jordan armstrong. Signed from alloa. 24 or 25 and spfl experience. We won his signature over a team from league 2 and EK.

Mackenzie lemon. Signed from falkirk. I'm sure he played over 10 times in league 1. So on paper a good signing and promising signing.

Daniel Martin's. Signed from gretna team in same league.

Alfie robinson. Signed from albion rovers league 2. He was offered a contract and wanted to come to cowden.

Lucas berry. At edi city last season and played 15 to 20 games?.

Cammy graham signed from stenhousemuir. 

Jack garrad. Signed from championship and was impressive In his loan at blackburn utd a league or 2 below which is where he was spotted. Airdrie had him on trial for 4 games and he did well.

Stuart love signed from oakley. Their top goalscorer and captain and main player. The epitome of a signing a player from local and below our league.

Scott Sinclair. Top goalscorer from a few levels below. Proper striker and for sure will go up level(s) in 2 or 3 years time.

Ben weekes. Signed from falkirk after being on loan at penicuik. 

Harry Osborne. Signed from a lower level.

Johnny jarron. Signed from edi city 

Sean slaven. Good pedigree and knows the league.

Aikenhemze. Only player from last season. Played at a Lower level before cowden.

Donaldson and struthers ex st mirren so ex academy players.

Loan signings from st mirren gilmartin and thomson.

Its just a lot mentioned about criteria of signings but theres not that much academy players in there eg coming right from academy to play..in our first team.

Theres a varied mix of signing promising players from lower level. A proven player or 2 at lower level and signing boys who maybe ain't quite doing it at league 1 or 2.. but with potential to take a step down to step back up.

Has all players signed been a success no. However reality it is ANY football club you hope to get 75% right that's if you sign 5 10 15 or in our case 21.. reality is you probs get 40 to 50% right.. for example stenny how many signings did they make and how many were deemed "duds".

People opinions on all signings is up for debate but there is a nucleus of a good team there. The long term plan would be to put things in place to add players to a core group that have been scouted and watched and fit the club budget and identity.

Garrad, Weekes, Osborne, Jarron, Berry and Lemon are also recent "academy players" - although not necessarily full-time academies.  Martins and Farrell were also full-time youth players with Morton.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.    If these players have ability and potential yet they are second bottom of the Lowland League then surely the fault lies with the Manager and Coaching Staff.   If you are saying that they are players from a lower level than Cowden and this is the best we can expect then we might as well give up.        I bought a season ticket and watched all the games up to and including Dalbeattie but I will not be back until there are major changes.    Some players lack the most basic abilities.  The tactics employed are brutal to watch.  The "coaching" from the Manager during the game is poor.  So sad.

1 hour ago, perthmo said:

Garrad, Weekes, Osborne, Jarron, Berry and Lemon are also recent "academy players" - although not necessarily full-time academies.  Martins and Farrell were also full-time youth players with Morton.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.    If these players have ability and potential yet they are second bottom of the Lowland League then surely the fault lies with the Manager and Coaching Staff.   If you are saying that they are players from a lower level than Cowden and this is the best we can expect then we might as well give up.        I bought a season ticket and watched all the games up to and including Dalbeattie but I will not be back until there are major changes.    Some players lack the most basic abilities.  The tactics employed are brutal to watch.  The "coaching" from the Manager during the game is poor.  So sad.

My point was that its varied in recruitment what has been done. Not simply academy players. Almost always players will have been in academy's or youth set ups at some point but the players signed haven't came straight from there.. that was my point. 

It's a shame you wont return. However can I ask what would make u return. For example if this group won next 3 games in a row would you return?. If manager and staff were gone and a new person came in would you come back to watch the same group..?

I understand frustration I really do. I think saturday was bad the worst actually. I dont believe we will be as poor as that again. But thats down to thr players to prove me wrong.

I’ve been at Cowden games for a long time but the performance against Dalbeattie was the worst I have seen against the poorest team. A game we could have lost.
I don’t blame the players, it’s not their fault if they aren’t good enough.

1 hour ago, perthmo said:

Sorry should have said your comment on olayers from lower level we may as well give up..  I'm commenting that people say we should recruit from teams like hob and swifts etc.. we have signed 2 or 3 from a similar level and the best players from that team from that level. Eg sinky and love.

So I'm pointing out that has been done also. 

Signing league 1 or 2 players who are proven is not easy as it needs money. I'm happy to be transparent and say we tried to sign Gary fraser for example or scott shepherd for example but quite frankly they wanted more money we couldn't give. Both would I'm sure everyone would agree be very very good for us.

Add another 10 or 11 similarly type names players of that stature.

I'm not defending the clubs position eg 2nd bottom. I'm defending the recruitment which Is the most difficult thing for a club like cowdenbeath. It's a hard sell...

Also we had "proven" players previously which got us relegated sadly.

4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I’ve been at Cowden games for a long time but the performance against Dalbeattie was the worst I have seen against the poorest team. A game we could have lost.
I don’t blame the players, it’s not their fault if they aren’t good enough.

It must be difficult for u travelling a long long way to watch your team lose or play in that manor. I get that.

Being a cowden fan the last 5 to 10 years has been let's face it difficult. The club needs support now more than ever. 

I'm confident things will get better but that's down to others.

Mon the cowden

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

Sorry should have said your comment on olayers from lower level we may as well give up..  I'm commenting that people say we should recruit from teams like hob and swifts etc.. we have signed 2 or 3 from a similar level and the best players from that team from that level. Eg sinky and love.

So I'm pointing out that has been done also. 

Signing league 1 or 2 players who are proven is not easy as it needs money. I'm happy to be transparent and say we tried to sign Gary fraser for example or scott shepherd for example but quite frankly they wanted more money we couldn't give. Both would I'm sure everyone would agree be very very good for us.

Add another 10 or 11 similarly type names players of that stature.

I'm not defending the clubs position eg 2nd bottom. I'm defending the recruitment which Is the most difficult thing for a club like cowdenbeath. It's a hard sell...

Also we had "proven" players previously which got us relegated sadly.

Signing players from "a lower level" is fine, if they are good enough.  What I am concerned about is the overall strategy of assembling a squad that collectively is miles off what is needed to be competitive in the Lowland League.  Anybody who had watched Lowland League football regularly knew that the sort of players recruited over the Summer would not be good enough.  

What would encourage me to go back to Central Park?   A change of Manager would help.  From day one I though Maurice Ross talked a good game but delivered very little.  In the close season he promised "hungry young players" and "exciting, entertaining football".    Haven't seen much evidence of the former and absolutely none of the latter.    You say that every effort has been made to put together as strong a squad as possible, and I believe you, but if what the club has now is the end product then I give up.    The scouting system, if it exists, had trialists pre-season who were playing for Fort William last year.  That's how bad it is.

Football is part of the entertainment business.  Personally I like football as much as any one team.  I know that others differ and will support / defend a team through thick and thin.  But that bunker mentality disguises something significant.  Defending Cowdenbeath at present is counter-productive and does not recognise the need for urgent change.      Many clubs go through a cyclical sequence of success and failure.     In Cowdenbeath's case the decline of the last few years is not cyclical.  I really fear it might be terminal.

25 minutes ago, perthmo said:

Signing players from "a lower level" is fine, if they are good enough.  What I am concerned about is the overall strategy of assembling a squad that collectively is miles off what is needed to be competitive in the Lowland League.  Anybody who had watched Lowland League football regularly knew that the sort of players recruited over the Summer would not be good enough.  

What would encourage me to go back to Central Park?   A change of Manager would help.  From day one I though Maurice Ross talked a good game but delivered very little.  In the close season he promised "hungry young players" and "exciting, entertaining football".    Haven't seen much evidence of the former and absolutely none of the latter.    You say that every effort has been made to put together as strong a squad as possible, and I believe you, but if what the club has now is the end product then I give up.    The scouting system, if it exists, had trialists pre-season who were playing for Fort William last year.  That's how bad it is.

Football is part of the entertainment business.  Personally I like football as much as any one team.  I know that others differ and will support / defend a team through thick and thin.  But that bunker mentality disguises something significant.  Defending Cowdenbeath at present is counter-productive and does not recognise the need for urgent change.      Many clubs go through a cyclical sequence of success and failure.     In Cowdenbeath's case the decline of the last few years is not cyclical.  I really fear it might be terminal.

Have to disagree with young hungry players. Apart from last 2 games ive seen plenty from them to suggest they are hard working hungry and talented. 

The trialist was brought in from liverpool who had played at fort william but wasnt signed. so not sure why that is relevant. The season started with NO system e.g no assistant/no physio/no players/no gk coach and no scout system. Its my belief this should never happen again and i believe with things being put in place now that wont happen again.

It really was the most difficult job in british football.

Ask any football manager at any level can they put a team together in 4 weeks with no staff and assemble it then go play full time teams like st mirren and pretty much the best part time team e.g Arbroath etc it was nigh on  impossible.

RESULTS SHOULD BE BETTER i aint getting away from it. Especially the "winable" games e.g Saturday and dalbeattie however just like if we win the next 2 that doesnt mean all is perfect and rosy but negativity gets you nowhere.

I commend the fans for their continued support i really do. We all have a common goal at the end of the day we want to see the team performing and getting results.

I know fans have dipped into their own pockets to fund 1 or 2 signings for example thats frightening support.

Now has anyone won the lottery at weekend if so give me a wee buzz or PM.LOL

Edited by NELLY 1

27 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

There is no solution. We have appointed a manager who has assembled a squad of youngsters who are clearly out of their depth and don’’t have the quality to perform at Lowland League level. I’m sure that Cowden can’t afford to sack Ross so we are stuck in a cycle of decline. I have supported Cowden for 45 years but there comes a point when you just can’t face it anymore. My ultimate solution is to stop moaning like a moody teenager and find other interests away from football. You seem to find Cowdenbeath fascinating for some reason much like the Stenny troll who haunts the clubs threads. Good luck to Stenny. Hopefully they will win a league title before you pop your clogs. 

Hopefully your other interests don't make you so angry.

I like all levels of football and take an interest in the non leagues and smaller teams, not just Cowdenbeath. 

We may never win a league title in our history but I'll still be there, enjoying it and not throwing the towel in because things are going south, which is essentially every season in 20+ years.

The camaraderie and punters make a football club. The results on the park are a sideshow. Nice if you can get them, not the end of the world if you can't.

Stay strong. The sun will still rise in the morning.

It's fair to say that the last few years have been excruciating for us Cowden fans.  It feels like a life time ago we were thrashing Dunfermline at East End!

I must confess to being less invested in the club this season.  I've a 1 year old son, just bought a new house and not having matches up North this season has made me feel very disconnected to the team and the club.  It must be horrendous to be watching these 'kids' getting thumped each week.

I've always been a big backer of Maurice.  I was at a bounce match in Dundee last Christmas not long after he started and he was quite a fascinating watch.  So invested in the game, constantly looking for ways to change and improve the game.  Total moaner as well and very blunt in his analysis so I can imagine what he is like with senior players that he disagrees with.

However so far this season the results have been unacceptable.  We've not been helped with injuries.  Scott Sinclair getting his toe broken early in the season means he's not as sharp as he could be for example.  We can't afford to sack him so it's about making good with what we have.

The most soul destroying thing for me currently is reading the Facebook comments after we get beat.  The number of people who say the board have given up just infuriates me.  We've had a director bloody cleaning the main stand to help save on cleaning costs FFS!

There is no solution. We have appointed a manager who has assembled a squad of youngsters who are clearly out of their depth and don’’t have the quality to perform at Lowland League level. I’m sure that Cowden can’t afford to sack Ross so we are stuck in a cycle of decline. I have supported Cowden for 45 years but there comes a point when you just can’t face it anymore. My ultimate solution is to stop moaning like a moody teenager and find other interests away from football. You seem to find Cowdenbeath fascinating for some reason much like the Stenny troll who haunts the clubs threads. Good luck to Stenny. Hopefully they will win a league title before you pop your clogs. 
Deep breaths....

Big inhale

Then a..

Big exhale

Repeat at least how many times Cowden have won a league title, you should feel better.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Hopefully your other interests don't make you so angry.

I like all levels of football and take an interest in the non leagues and smaller teams, not just Cowdenbeath. 

We may never win a league title in our history but I'll still be there, enjoying it and not throwing the towel in because things are going south, which is essentially every season in 20+ years.

The camaraderie and punters make a football club. The results on the park are a sideshow. Nice if you can get them, not the end of the world if you can't.

Stay strong. The sun will still rise in the morning.

Ahwoogah !