The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Another week of being dumbfounded at the standard of football we’re watching. Logic says we will have a blip eventually but it’s really hard to see when at this point.  This season has easily been the most entertaining football I’ve watched with Queen’s, long may it continue.

I know that the consensus on here is that nobody really knows what would happen with your stadium situation if you got promoted… But I went a walk earlier by Lesser for the first time in a while, and I can’t believe how small it’s going to be. I mean, I knew what the capacity is going to be, but it seems like a huge waste of time and money considering the ambition is to play in the Premiership eventually? I do love the fact that Lesser is being redeveloped and you’ll have a stadium fit for your home support, maybe the case you’d play elsewhere for games against Rangers and Celtic? I’m looking forward to our game in February, should be a tasty one! 

DBD99595-5A9C-4CDB-8A8B-20F2A1570F31.jpeg

2EE2DCE7-80AC-486A-BF80-4B4DA9DF8FC5.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

I know that the consensus on here is that nobody really knows what would happen with your stadium situation if you got promoted… But I went a walk earlier by Lesser for the first time in a while, and I can’t believe how small it’s going to be. I mean, I knew what the capacity is going to be, but it seems like a huge waste of time and money considering the ambition is to play in the Premiership eventually? I do love the fact that Lesser is being redeveloped and you’ll have a stadium fit for your home support, maybe the case you’d play elsewhere for games against Rangers and Celtic? I’m looking forward to our game in February, should be a tasty one! 

DBD99595-5A9C-4CDB-8A8B-20F2A1570F31.jpeg

2EE2DCE7-80AC-486A-BF80-4B4DA9DF8FC5.jpeg

Noticed a third floodlight pylon had been erected last week at the south west corner, a fourth is lying behind the goal at the north end of the ground. 

Anyway, as enjoyable as recent performances and results have been, each win is magnifying the absolute mess Leanne Dempster and the committee have made of Lesser. 

To put it into perspective, they have now taken longer to build a single tier 1,200 capacity stand than it took to build the 17,000 capacity two tier stand at the main stadium in the late nineties. 

53 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Noticed a third floodlight pylon had been erected last week at the south west corner, a fourth is lying behind the goal at the north end of the ground. 

Anyway, as enjoyable as recent performances and results have been, each win is magnifying the absolute mess Leanne Dempster and the committee have made of Lesser. 

To put it into perspective, they have now taken longer to build a single tier 1,200 capacity stand than it took to build the 17,000 capacity two tier stand at the main stadium in the late nineties. 

Progress is woefully slow on this project. Ok, covid delayed things a bit but it's been more than a year since the bulk of restrictions ended and finishing up with just one small stand and a strange development for the top bods on the other side is not the outcome I was expecting. Still, when the original (ok, but not brilliant) plans were superseded we were promised something 'bigger and better' - I'd like to know what these plans are.

41 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

I think BBC will be putting pressure on QP to have stand ready for televised game on 3 Feb.

You never know - might be the incentive we need. Then again - maybe not.

Can’t see anything other than Ochilview. Probably doesn’t even make financial sense for us to play at Lesser. 500 paying away fans from Ayr at Stenny. Couldn’t even cater for half that. Total mess. 

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

A bit optimistic there, I fear. From looking at photos of the new stand I make the capacity to be under 1,000. When it does open I don't see there being any room for away supporters. I don't think that will go down too well with the SPFL. This was taken on Friday on my phone:

1643836199_LesserHampden6thJan2023crop.thumb.jpg.b49e9e6197fe0ae26539b8521f09a2d7.jpg

The revamped Lesser would struggle to cope with the crowds you're getting in the Championship. It's not fit for purpose for the SPFL Premier which 1) is your stated long-term aim 2) looks like it may happen long before the long-term.

Not having a bash, by the way, successful non-sectarian teams in Glesca are great as far as I'm concerned. However, the Lesser blueprint looks like it was designed for your shuttling-between-League-1-and-2 years. And you've left them behind.

You've made it! 

Lots of hot takes on the push for the Premier League, wild theories about club ownership/being a newco (weird that Rangers fans are interested in that eh?), also one or two suggesting that Queens Park would be in cahoots with Celtic when it comes to voting on various SPFL issues, solely there for any veto that Celtic might wish to enforce. Not footballing purposes. 

Queens Park and the Premier League | FollowFollow.com

52 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

A bit optimistic there, I fear. From looking at photos of the new stand I make the capacity to be under 1,000. When it does open I don't see there being any room for away supporters. I don't think that will go down too well with the SPFL. This was taken on Friday on my phone:

1643836199_LesserHampden6thJan2023crop.thumb.jpg.b49e9e6197fe0ae26539b8521f09a2d7.jpg

My calculations say 784 seats there, with what looks like a section for wheelchairs towards the right.

11 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

You've made it! 

Lots of hot takes on the push for the Premier League, wild theories about club ownership/being a newco (weird that Rangers fans are interested in that eh?), also one or two suggesting that Queens Park would be in cahoots with Celtic when it comes to voting on various SPFL issues, solely there for any veto that Celtic might wish to enforce. Not footballing purposes. 

I thought that most of the comments were positive. 

11 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

You've made it! 

What a cesspool that forum is.