The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It's not nearly enough. The mid section (comfy black seats) is normally reserved for press & scouts so those seats won't be sold. That leaves only around 600 seats for home and away fans. 

I was talking to a few fellow fans and everyone seems to agree that we need to find a way to make a more permanent deal with the SFA for Hampden. The Lesser is an excellent base & training ground with state of the art facilities and an amazing pitch but it is not a stadium and I don't believe it will ever be. 

It's such a shame because everything else is so good. Lots of promising youngsters, a first team squad that's probably only a right back (and some back ups) short of being competitive. A coach who seems spot on.

I think the footprint of lesser hampden is similar to Starks Park which has a capacity of nearly 9k. Even if it was a bit less than that, lesser would have been fine for us but as things stand it's hard to see it ever being much more than 3k.

I am confident someone will correct me if I am talking shite ( which is perfectly possible)

45 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Haven't tried the pie but the price list is criminal. Gonna miss the wee pie hut at Ochilview 

IMG_20230624_142610.jpg

Those are absolutely disgusting prices. 

Lesser Hampden is a massive minter. Could have been a really smart wee ground but they're fucked absolutely everything about it. Could have put in some smart terracing behind the goals and seats along the side, but instead they'll have a tiny capacity all seater bag of pish.

Greedy, short sighted nonsense.

Tap water should be free in all SPFL grounds (or charge something like 10p for a plastic or styrofoam cup). It should be an SPFL rule. Aye I know, my club is as guilty as the others for not doing this. In fact the only club who ever provided water for free, in my experience at least, is Montrose.

Charge for bottled water all you like, but tap water should be free. If it wasn't for fans not being trusted to f**k them up, there should be water fountains in all grounds.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Much as we would all like to be positive and talk Lesser up it really is a disgrace for almost three years' work and totally unsuitable as a championship ground.

I suppose the people responsible for this state of affairs are in this photo lording it over the riff-raff and still utterly convinced that they have been providing "sound governance."

image.png.c19ec7e954e246ba12b43d7db8849575.png

It's a shame that negativity has to rear its ugly head at a time which should be so positive for the club. A return to Hampden will cost the club a six figure sum every season and leave us with the old problem of Queen's playing in a stadium which is far too big for us. If the committee had been able to plan and administer the stadium project properly we could have looked forward to playing in a Lesser with a capacity of 3500 - 4000 which would have been far more suitable for the Championship. Going by the way the Committee have conducted themselves throughout this whole sorry saga I can't see that ever happening.

BTW did Stephen Eze play in the bounce game today?

Sorry if this has already been answered in the chat (it probably has) but the image of that stand brought me here. 

Is the plan to have stands at each goal as well? Surely a stand at one side and a stand for 2 sofas isn't all that's to be there after all this time?

24 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

I suppose the people responsible for this state of affairs are in this photo lording it over the riff-raff and still utterly convinced that they have been providing "sound governance."

It's a shame that negativity has to rear its ugly head at a time which should be so positive for the club. A return to Hampden will cost the club a six figure sum every season and leave us with the old problem of Queen's playing in a stadium which is far too big for us. If the committee had been able to plan and administer the stadium project properly we could have looked forward to playing in a Lesser with a capacity of 3500 - 4000 which would have been far more suitable for the Championship. Going by the way the Committee have conducted themselves throughout this whole sorry saga I can't see that ever happening.

no sign of Eze on or off the pitch.

35 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

It's so lacking in ambition. Yer lad's cash won't last forever so why not try to grow a bigger fanbase? You can't do that in a shite stadium with bad shite capacity.

If the stadium had a decent capacity and some terracing younger and/or newer fans could congregate and make some noise (or just attend in general). It wouldn't cost any extra to have a terracing section but it could hold more fans. When you're on a poorer run and the attendance isn't as good (this happens to all clubs) a less empty terrace looks less empty than a less empty seating area.

If the grow the fanbase then when the cash runs out the fall won't be as bad. Should you cultivate a decent fanbase then you could even consolidate in the Championship and have a chance to push on.

As it is, when the cash runs out you'll probably have the same number of regulars in a small, unpopular stadium that won't help attract new supporters and income.

I genuinely can't get the thinking behind this garbage stadium (even if there was a plan to rent out the facilities for Scotland games and gigs at Hampden it can't be sustainable at the current level when the financing from yer lad runs out).

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

Catering for vegans but not those who are wheat intolerant or allergic. 

Moral choice vs medical necessity 🙄

Sorry they don't have options for people with allergies, but that doesn't mean having a vegan option is a bad thing. It's not a competition.

Edited by Zanetti

The only way QP can cope longer term when the money runs out is to rent Hampden and basically be a club that survives by leaching off away supports. Promotion would be like a lottery win with the Old Firm away supports bringing in a million pounds a game. It would be a tragic way to exist given the history of Queens Park but I can't see any other way this ends other than disaster. What they are spending is clearly never sustainable and they don't look like going back to a sustainable model anytime soon. I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious car crash waiting to happen.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

The only way QP can cope longer term when the money runs out is to rent Hampden and basically be a club that survives by leaching off away supports. Promotion would be like a lottery win with the Old Firm away supports bringing in a million pounds a game. It would be a tragic way to exist given the history of Queens Park but I can't see any other way this ends other than disaster. What they are spending is clearly never sustainable and they don't look like going back to a sustainable model anytime soon. I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious car crash waiting to happen.

What does sustainable even mean when it comes to Scottish football? Half of the clubs in this country are, or have been at one point or another, a bawhair away from going down the pan. I don't understand why people care so much about it when it comes to us now.

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't think the club has any intention of us ever actually making Lesser out permanent home, to be honest. It's a great wee training ground though and will be good for the women and youth teams.

If you don't get promotion through match day income can't be very high. If you got relegated to League 1 then match day income would suffer even further.

Renting Hampden sounds fine but what happens when investment in to Queen's Park dries up? Will it be affordable to rent Hampden?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

If you don't get promotion through match day income can't be very high. If you got relegated to League 1 then match day income would suffer even further.

Renting Hampden sounds fine but what happens when investment in to Queen's Park dries up? Will it be affordable to rent Hampden?

If we get relegated then Lesser with a temporary stand behind the goal will be fine.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

If we get relegated then Lesser with a temporary stand behind the goal will be fine.

What would the capacity be? Would it be sustainable for full time football?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

What would the capacity be? Would it be sustainable for full time football?

No idea, my comment was based on us being in the top two divisions. I don't know how much we're paying to use Hampden or how long we'd stay full time if we went down.

54 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Sorry they don't have options for people with allergies, but that doesn't mean having a vegan option is a bad thing. It's not a competition.

I agree, it's not a bad thing, but you understand where I'm coming from as I'm one of the "I can't actually eat anything (hot) on that menu or I'll be ill" minority (now TBF I'm just guessing all that stuff isn't gf) it does piss me off that vegan does appear to be "the alternative".

Vegan is a choice, gf isn't a choice for me, and others.