The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, RichRJohnstone said:

The comms make my head hurt. If you go half the way home you do not, by definition, end up at home. Never mind that we needed fans to ask if we are selling half season tickets...

Screenshot_20231215_133221_Facebook.thumb.jpg.edc951b29ff481f64ac01d51a96cb6cd.jpg

Maybe a hint that the club will be announcing the sale of Lesser Hampden to Celtic and moving to Cathrine Park…after yet another redevelopment saga, and three or four years roaming the wilds.

All sorts of klaxons going off here. Referencing a pre-season game and no change to the approach, sprinkled with LinkedIn speak. Add to the fact we have no idea if he’s actually our fucking manager or just temporarily taking the team.

With about two exceptions, sack absolutely everyone at Queen’s Park Football Club. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

All sorts of klaxons going off here. Referencing a pre-season game and no change to the approach, sprinkled with LinkedIn speak. Add to the fact we have no idea if he’s actually our fucking manager or just temporarily taking the team.

With about two exceptions, sack absolutely everyone at Queen’s Park Football Club. 

Seriously? 

35 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was slightly worried that we missed a chance to play you under veldman with the postponement but if this guy is still in charge for the rearrangement  that’s not as much of a problem.  Sounds like your still committed to philosophyball despite all the evidence

Edited by parsforlife

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I was slightly worried that we missed a chance to play you under veldman with the postponement but if this guy is still in charge for the rearrangement  that’s not as much of a problem.  Sounds like your still committed to philosophyball despite all the evidence

I’m becoming convinced that they’re trying to sicken us into Malky. There is nothing that could sicken me to that level, right enough. 

Are we doomed for the foreseeable future to be overseen by motivational-speaker types? People who almost certainly post "inspirational" quotes on their social media; like Manny from Black Books, if he'd swallowed The Little Book of Bullshit.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Player of the month two months running who isn't actually first choice in his position.  Says a lot about the current state of affairs.

Apathy is rife at Queen’s Park FC it starts from top to bottom from the board of directors Leeann Dempster and co. Who have absolutely no connection with the supporters of the club. We may be small in number but the fans loyalty cannot be questioned. 
Lack of information about things that matter to supporters is nothing short of a disgrace eg. The development of Lesser Hampden and all the delays with construction it was extremely difficult to find out what was going on with that. Perhaps the board were too embarrassed about the shambles they were overseeing. After waiting 3 years we are left with one stand that is a terrible experience for fans you are too far away from seeing what is going on if play is at the opposite end from where you are sitting. The other seating area is a stand for directors which proportionally takes up too much space. As I think better use could have been made for accommodating paying fans. The North end of the ground is just waste ground. I’m constantly on queen’s parks official website but I am often disappointed with the lack of information eg. Players who are injured particularly if it’s a long term injury recently Grant Savoury it is months later that we hear how he is doing. Last week no mention of Charlie Fox being injured. Transfers very slow to report. 
I appreciate that the model we are following is the only way we can remain sustainable by investing in youth but for the team to be competitive at Championship level the youth need leaders and mentors. The apathy is filtering down to players and fans. Right now things are not good at Queen’s Park the revolving door of managers attest to this.