The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, an86 said:

Morton and Accies, on budget, would look the obvious candidates to be down there but there’s always at least one down there who’ll think “it won’t be us.” Don’t think anybody necessarily looked at the Raith squad and fancied it to stay the course as long this season either.

Uncharacteristically positive of me as it is, there are as many reasons why we should be looking to challenge at the top end as not. Davidson knocked back Dundee last summer, so I don’t think he’s come to Queen’s Park to be safe in mid-table. I fully expect us to challenge for a minimum of top four, if not more. If we get the recruitment right, it’s not unrealistic. 

Reckon Thistle could potentially be the strongest team come the start of the season. They outplayed Raith but just weren't ruthless enough at the death.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

21 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Reckon Thistle could potentially be the strongest team come the start of the season. They outplayed Raith but just weren't ruthless enough at the death.

Talk is that Ayr outbid them for Oakley. Certainly going to be a very interesting summer. 

26 minutes ago, an86 said:

Talk is that Ayr outbid them for Oakley. Certainly going to be a very interesting summer. 

Indeed. Not sure about Ayr though. A large chunk of their first team squad was made up of loan players who have gone back to their clubs. That leaves a lot of gaps to fill. Oakley is a good addition but they will need plenty more and the money to bankroll it.

43 minutes ago, an86 said:

I suspect a large part of that is Ayr valuing him as their main man, whereas Thistle would likely have made him an offer in line with his role as backup to Graham.

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I suspect a large part of that is Ayr valuing him as their main man, whereas Thistle would likely have made him an offer in line with his role as backup to Graham.

Aye I’d imagine that will be the case. We needed him more than Thistle so would have paid more. I have heard we have had quite a significant increase to the budget so hopefully it’s used wisely. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I’d imagine that will be the case. We needed him more than Thistle so would have paid more. I have heard we have had quite a significant increase to the budget so hopefully it’s used wisely. 

He's never really shown much other than under Imrie at Morton so it may or may not work out, but I can promise you he'll score at least about 8 against us across the season.

Continuing with the "big hoops" for next season. I still don't like the strip but can't argue with the keeping costs down argument.

I hope the new away strip is a cracker!

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/home-and-away-kit-season-2024-25/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR00tFGloiiRMghTlvjidchmnmywW2E6741u7Ev0dYinTToolmSIS5om6kM_aem_ATx7nPK6nGLcovdH8x60gcEetQERNh3yH7aj-Sh_jez30zg7Kv15UtjRndXcwLFOYkcBaVrt3zb1fPSyGeq5SOZV

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Continuing with the "big hoops" for next season. I still don't like the strip but can't argue with the keeping costs down argument.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/home-and-away-kit-season-2024-25/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR00tFGloiiRMghTlvjidchmnmywW2E6741u7Ev0dYinTToolmSIS5om6kM_aem_ATx7nPK6nGLcovdH8x60gcEetQERNh3yH7aj-Sh_jez30zg7Kv15UtjRndXcwLFOYkcBaVrt3zb1fPSyGeq5SOZV

Agree. I won't be getting a home strip but will get an away one if it is a belter.

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Adidas don’t currently have a template suitable for an actual Queen’s Park shirt and going bespoke with them = £££. Whilst it’s a nice idea that it’s being done out of the kindness of our hearts, I’m not sure it stands up to scrutiny. If we had the option of changing one of the two kits from last season, anyone associated the club would pick the home. We don’t have that option. 

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

Adidas don’t currently have a template suitable for an actual Queen’s Park shirt and going bespoke with them = £££. Whilst it’s a nice idea that it’s being done out of the kindness of our hearts, I’m not sure it stands up to scrutiny. If we had the option of changing one of the two kits from last season, anyone associated the club would pick the home. We don’t have that option. 

Not sure I understand the logic - we can't afford a "bespoke" home kit but we can afford a "bespoke" away kit. how does that work?

2 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Not sure I understand the logic - we can't afford a "bespoke" home kit but we can afford a "bespoke" away kit. how does that work?

I doubt the away kit is bespoke

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

sounds bespoke to me

image.png.776fe5b47ee283485caa9110d0d1a15e.png

19 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

In the highly unlikely scenario that this actually happens, there's simply no way we would be allowed to sell unlimited tickets to away fans. 

Unless it's Dundee.  And we're forced too.

3 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Sounds like a navy blue template to me 

sighs... you are probably right -  - so to sum up:

The club recognises that  that it continues to be a time of financial austerity, so we won't try and make you buy a new home kit (cos we can't really as anything else out the Adidas catalogues would bear even less resemblance to a "proper" QP kit than this year's disappointing effort), but we will give you the opportunity to buy a brand new away kit, which will probably be the same as Auchenshoogle Athletic, or Bayern Balamory's Kit. 

The one you’ve all been waiting for is here! Dom was Wheelenterview’ed last week and it was one of my favourite chats so far. He’s a real credit to your club, you’re very fortunate to have such an enthusiastic captain who speaks so well and so passionately about the club.

Thank you for your questions and your genuine intrigue in the chat. I’d love for as many of you to hear it as possible, share it around if you have others you know will enjoy it. Likewise, if you like the sound of my voice, give the show a follow to be the first to know about the next exciting interviews. Hopefully not our last involvement with Queen’s Park on the podcast, I’m sure I’ll see you at Hampden next season 🤞🏻🕷️

https://linktr.ee/Todaywheelenterivew

*the first two links will take you straight to it!

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Adidas don’t currently have a template suitable for an actual Queen’s Park shirt

The notion of trying to keep costs down for supporters should rightly be applauded, but as others have alluded to the fact that the club tried to be the big I am by signing with a company such as Adidas without checking this out just smacked of arrogance.

51 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

The one you’ve all been waiting for is here! Dom was Wheelenterview’ed last week and it was one of my favourite chats so far. He’s a real credit to your club, you’re very fortunate to have such an enthusiastic captain who speaks so well and so passionately about the club.

Thank you for your questions and your genuine intrigue in the chat. I’d love for as many of you to hear it as possible, share it around if you have others you know will enjoy it. Likewise, if you like the sound of my voice, give the show a follow to be the first to know about the next exciting interviews. Hopefully not our last involvement with Queen’s Park on the podcast, I’m sure I’ll see you at Hampden next season 🤞🏻🕷️

https://linktr.ee/Todaywheelenterivew

*the first two links will take you straight to it!

Listened to it this morning. A really enjoyable listen, nice job putting it together 

22 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Listened to it this morning. A really enjoyable listen, nice job putting it together 

Thank you very much mate. As much as I’m glad you enjoyed it, I hope you found his comments on what happened in the title charge season and the managers he’s had insightful. Thought his talk about Veldman was quite nice, especially to hear it from a player