The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Question for you fine old QP fans I think I know the answer..

Young Cammy Bruce a young talented left wing back,  after having the lad from an early age are you aware of him ever playing RB or RWB,  our manager totally hung the lad out to dry on national TV last night...  

15 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

So, man of the match gets a bottle of champagne & a bottle of rid kola?

Are they meant to be mixed or is the Kola for the morning after?

A better question to ask is how those glass bottles got into the ground?

9 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Is Fieldson a permanent signing?

The Sunderland Echo appears to think so...

Sunderland defender Henry Fieldson has signed for Queen’s Park in Scotland with the deal announced on the club’s X account ahead of their game against Livingston on Friday evening.

The defender signed his first professional deal at the Black Cats last summer but the one-year contract expired during the current window leaving Fieldson free to move elsewhere.

Sunderland had stated in their retained list that the player had been offered a new deal when they released it to the public back in May. However, it is now assumed the offer was rejected by the player in favour of first-team opportunities in Scotland.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/confirmed-transfer-young-sunderland-defender-exits-club-ahead-of-2024-25-championship-season-4736888

45 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

The Sunderland Echo appears to think so...

Sunderland defender Henry Fieldson has signed for Queen’s Park in Scotland with the deal announced on the club’s X account ahead of their game against Livingston on Friday evening.

The defender signed his first professional deal at the Black Cats last summer but the one-year contract expired during the current window leaving Fieldson free to move elsewhere.

Sunderland had stated in their retained list that the player had been offered a new deal when they released it to the public back in May. However, it is now assumed the offer was rejected by the player in favour of first-team opportunities in Scotland.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/confirmed-transfer-young-sunderland-defender-exits-club-ahead-of-2024-25-championship-season-4736888

Yeah. I saw that which prompted the question. I was originally under the impression it was a loan. Information from the club sadly lacking.........again.

33 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Yeah. I saw that which prompted the question. I was originally under the impression it was a loan. Information from the club sadly lacking.........again.

I think the tweet put out by Queens Park was in this case clear that it was a signing.

Tracked back a few pages so apologies, I know this is an often asked question. How can Queens effectively use the 2 grounds? Always confused how a smaller club uses its own ground for an OF cup tie when Queens have the access to Hampden and best or probably worst of both. 

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Tracked back a few pages so apologies, I know this is an often asked question. How can Queens effectively use the 2 grounds? Always confused how a smaller club uses its own ground for an OF cup tie when Queens have the access to Hampden and best or probably worst of both. 

I don't think, for the foreseeable future at least, QP do have access to Hampden.

QP owned Hampden, but sold it to the SFA and used the proceeds to develop Lesser Hampden into a more suitable home for the team.  

During the very long, drawn out construction process there were issues with the contractor and most notably, design changes which provided the team with a top class gym/physio/changing room facility attached to a not-so-state-of-the-art 900 seater 'ground'.  Unfortunately during the construction process the actual team were doing not too shabbily and ended up getting back to back promotions from L2 to the Championship, rendering Lesser Hampden effectively unfit for purpose; since when QP have by all accounts rented Hampden for their home games, with the SFA using, in return, Lesser for SMNT training.  

Despite being a perfect ground for QP Women, QPB etc, they have been denied the use of Lesser, unlike Celtic Under-whatever, who used Lesser last year for their European games.

The powers that be have decided this year that Rangers' needs outstrip QP's and have superseeded QP in renting Hampden for the foreseeable future, QP Men are now playing home games back at Lesser, (with the resultant restrictions to away and non-season ticket holding home supporters), while the Women have been shunted to Ochilview for their home games in their debut season in the SWPL.

I have no idea what the SFA/Celtic pay to use Lesser, (but we do seem to be able to pick up loanees from Celtic when required).

I have no idea how much QP were paying the SFA to use Hampden last year

I have no idea how much QP are paying Stenhousmuir to use Ochilview this year.

I have no idea what, if any financial deal exists between the SFA, Rangers and QP, (though a couple of tents behind each goal in a few weeks time might be a giveaway)

I have some idea who makes the decisions, although to who's benefit seems anyones guess.  It all seems highly political and very, very ineffective.  It's a mess.

I'm sure others can correct any factual errors/add more detail if needbe.

Edited by Spider1975

Just now, Spider1975 said:

I don't think, for the foreseeable future at least, QP do have access to Hampden.

QP owned Hampden, but sold it to the SFA and used the proceeds to develop Lesser Hampden into a more suitable home for the team.  

During the very long, drawn out construction process there were issues with the contractor and most notably, design changes which provided the team with a top class gym/physio/changing room facility attached to a not-so-state-of-the-art 900 seater 'ground'.  Unfortunately during the construction process the actual team were doing not too shabbily and ended up getting back to back promotions from L2 to the Championship, rendering Lesser Hampden effectively unfit for purpose; since when QP have by all accounts rented Hampden for their home games, with the SFA using, in return, Lesser for SMNT training.  

Despite begin a perfect ground for QP Women, QPB etc, they have been denied the use of Lesser, unlike Celtic Under-whatever, who used Lesser last year for their European games.

The powers that be have decided this year that Rangers' needs outstrip QP's and have superseeded QP in renting Hampden for the foreseeable future, QP Men are now playing home games back at Lesser, (with the resultant restrictions to away and non-season ticket holding home supporters), while the Women have been shunted to Ochilview for their home games in their debut season in the SWPL.

I have no idea what the SFA/Celtic pay to use Lesser, (but we do seem to be able to pick up loanees from Celtic when required).

I have no idea how much QP were paying the SFA to use Hampden last year

I have no idea how much QP are paying Stenhousmuir to use Ochilview this year.

I have no idea what, if any financial deal exists between the SFA, Rangers and QP, (though a couple of tents behind each goal in a few weeks time might be a giveaway)

I have some idea who makes the decisions, although to who's benefit seems anyones guess.  It all seems highly political and very, very ineffective.  It's a mess.

I'm sure others can correct any factual errors/add more detail if needbe.

Thank you wasn't trying to stir the pot it just strikes me as odd.