The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

8 hours ago, Spider Force said:

I heard REID had a knee injury. I heard TIZZARD is only a couple of weeks.  Don’t think UDJUR is serious. Agree if CD playing 3 at the back, we need them fit.  With FOX out for the season, this is a cursed position!!!

Why are you shouting the players names?

3 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Morton game moved to Lesser despite Rangers being away that weekend.

The guff about TV games on the club statement makes no sense. We’ve clearly been told to gtf from Hampden.

I hope you.are holding Rangers feet to the fire over this,     are you getting compensation..

I expect there will be a series of these announcements between now and January at the least. Perhaps even for the rest of the season. As Spider Rico says "guff ... that makes no sense."

From the announcement - "The capacity at The city Stadium allows for all Queen’s Park Members, Season Ticket Holders and the regular walk-up fans to attend, however we are aware that a small number of fans may be unable to purchase a ticket."

That's being economical with the truth. At the last QP v Morton game at Hampden the crowd was over 2100, with 800 and odd Morton fans present which meant that there were around 1300 in the QP section. If the allocation is the same as the Livi game there will be room for around 700 QP fans and under 250 Morton fans.

Edited by Spidersmad

9 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

to be fair, no one could possibly have foreseen this.

i mean they  couldn't.

not really.

well maybe a wee bit.

If I'm trying to be at least slightly positive, at least the statement showed a degree of empathy for the fans who are affected by this. That's a start, even if the situation itself is obviously ridiculous.

Things are going to come to a head very, very soon if they don’t get real. Meetings that have produced nothing, statements that say nothing. The fans have been very patient in terms of not publicly demonstrating their frustrations. Would say the clock is ticking very, very quickly on that not being the case now. 

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Well, they've gone and done it - shifted the Morton game to Lesser Hampden.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-vs-morton-fixture-announcement/

A convoluted announcement which stretches the truth while managing not to mention Rangers.

Always remember Callum was "delighted" to be able to help Rangers.

Quite a lot to review in todays’s PR triumph. The Bucks “bigger and better” thing, considering the connotations of “bigger and better” from previous times.

Posting a picture showing of the chandeliers from the most maligned piece of stadium architecture, since that Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage, on the day that we announce another fixture to be played in the inadequate shoebox that it’s situated in.

Pissing all over the positive vibe around tomorrow, which is actually a decent occasion for the club. How do we get it so consistently wrong? 

I genuinely think if I could go back in time I'd be voting for remaining amateur and dossing about the Lowland League than being this much of a f**king embarrassment. 

The away days would be class, and Lesser would be acceptable.