The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Just now, sr1867 said:

Who do we want in the league cup?

The bully wee?

The most winnable group possible, ideally. I'd like us to finally progress in this tournament!

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The most winnable group possible, ideally. I'd like us to finally progress in this tournament!

So the bully wee then 😂

1 hour ago, Gall09 said:

I think him and Paton would be great together 

I watched Nouble in the Championship 2021/22 when at Arbroath on loan from Livingston and thought he was a good player and excellent target man. He went back to Livi and they have played him.in a wide left position (wasted IMHO). Would welcome him up front with Paton next season .We could afford him too. 

On 22/05/2024 at 13:00, Anonymous Spider said:

I know we’ve got a semi-disgruntled St Johnstone fan who keeps his eye on here. Did CD play two up front for Saints? 

Aye. 

He generally spent every Summer trying to build a squad to play 5-2-3, then within a few games changed his mind to 5-3-2 and signed a striker late in the window to make it work.

2 hours ago, It is our time to shine said:

I watched Nouble in the Championship 2021/22 when at Arbroath on loan from Livingston and thought he was a good player and excellent target man. He went back to Livi and they have played him.in a wide left position (wasted IMHO). Would welcome him up front with Paton next season .We could afford him too. 

He's away back down to England, apparently. I also don't think you could afford him, not now anyway. He almost moved to Exeter in January, but the deal fell through. Would've been on about 3k per week.

Hi guys,

just finished recording the podcast with Dom. I guarantee there are some insights about the club you’ll definitely want to hear, especially about the managers in the last couple of years and the previous two seasons. Likewise, I’m sure you’ll all enjoy Dom talking us through his career as he speaks so well. He made it easy for me, and hopefully I’ll have it out on Monday morning for you all!

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He's away back down to England, apparently. I also don't think you could afford him, not now anyway. He almost moved to Exeter in January, but the deal fell through. Would've been on about 3k per week.

If available he would be a good signing for QP. He would have been on between £1200 and £1300 per week at Livi. Good luck to him if he heads back dow south to England. He has never played above National league level so EFL. 1 would be a big opportunity and I for one would wish him.well. 

28 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

If available he would be a good signing for QP. He would have been on between £1200 and £1300 per week at Livi. Good luck to him if he heads back dow south to England. He has never played above National league level so EFL. 1 would be a big opportunity and I for one would wish him.well. 

I think our highest earner at one point was about 2.5k, maybe slightly more. Not that it was him but just for reference, probably not far off with those numbers on him at us

Thinking ahead to the league cup...

Looking at who we could get, I reckon the best is probably:
Livi H (obvious reasons)
Arbroath A (nice day out that we'll be missing this year)
Dumbarton A (another easy away game to get to, and you'd like to think at this level we ought to win regardless of who we're playing)
Clyde H (would be nice to beat them)

Odds of being that lucky are slim but I think it shows that there are scenarios where we could be favourites for a group, although admittedly it relies heavily on the premiership team either being Livi or someone equally able to be rubbish

And after this year's woeful performance I'd like to actually be competitive in a cup, always nice to see some non-league games against unusual teams

9 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Thinking ahead to the league cup...

Looking at who we could get, I reckon the best is probably:
Livi H (obvious reasons)
Arbroath A (nice day out that we'll be missing this year)
Dumbarton A (another easy away game to get to, and you'd like to think at this level we ought to win regardless of who we're playing)
Clyde H (would be nice to beat them)

Odds of being that lucky are slim but I think it shows that there are scenarios where we could be favourites for a group, although admittedly it relies heavily on the premiership team either being Livi or someone equally able to be rubbish

And after this year's woeful performance I'd like to actually be competitive in a cup, always nice to see some non-league games against unusual teams

And they don't come much more unusual than Clyde...

Hampden it is for next season:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/spiders-to-remain-at-hampden-for-season-2024-25/

A repeat of last season's arrangements so our early fixtures will be at Lesser, a stadium which is now definitely too small for us. It's a shame that absolutely no work (or even planning?) has gone into expanding Lesser.

13 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Hampden it is for next season:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/spiders-to-remain-at-hampden-for-season-2024-25/

A repeat of last season's arrangements so our early fixtures will be at Lesser, a stadium which is now definitely too small for us. It's a shame that absolutely no work (or even planning?) has gone into expanding Lesser.

The last part of what you’ve said is what concerns me the most.

There doesn’t even seem to be a plan in place to make lesser at the very least more closer to being fit for purpose.

No problem for me with the current arrangement but there needs to be some communication from the club to say what the medium/long term plan is to get Lesser to a place where its suitable.