The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Should you  wish you  can watch a worm's eye view of Celtic's goals here, including Charlie Fox collapsing just before Celtic's first.

FFS! I've seen more balanced coverage on Communist State television! Are the QP goals just a figment of our imaginations?

I think that package is aimed at Celtic supporters only as it is just one camera behind the goal Celtic are shooting towards. Hopefully there'll be a QP highlights package some time later today.

5 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

I think that package is aimed at Celtic supporters only as it is just one camera behind the goal Celtic are shooting towards. Hopefully there'll be a QP highlights package some time later today.

That’d imply the club give a sh*t about fans. Don’t be so silly. 

3 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

That’d imply the club give a sh*t about fans. Don’t be so silly. 

QP definitely had a camera there last night as there are post match interviews of Callum Davidson and Dom Thomas up on the QP YouTube channel so I expect that they would have videoed the game while they were there.

Charlie's collapse looked bad on those Celtic highlights so I think the hunt for another central defender just became more urgent.

I think unfortunately we're in the 'glass houses' camp when it comes to dictating where teams that have fcked up a stadium development can groundshare or play their games... I also note that the deal doesn't look to be officially completed and Rangers / the SFA haven't announced so I'm not expecting comment from the club just yet... 

However... we're almost certainly going to be shafted / deeply inconvenienced with this (and the smart money will be on this rumbling on for many months to come). It's been an open secret that the Ibrox build has been fcked for months - this should have given the club ample time to come up with contingencies AND to properly think about how they properly communicate & engage with the fans.

Big test for the club/president/committee/randoms-in-charge coming up...  

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Big test for the club/president/committee/randoms-in-charge coming up...  

Is there still a committee?  I thought they'd made themselves all directors now.

Well there is evidence of some work having been done at Lesser. There's some sort of perimeter wall behind the goal at the Somerville Drive end of the pitch! Bigger and better! 

20 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Well there is evidence of some work having been done at Lesser. There's some sort of perimeter wall behind the goal at the Somerville Drive end of the pitch! Bigger and better! 

That was to make it look less like a building site for the visiting dignitaries. 

28 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Seeing as that's us getting back into competitive football now, will the podcast be starting back up?

Been missing it on the Wednesday mornings going to work

Recording again very soon 👍

30 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

Any comments from our club president yet ….would expect a statement over another club using Hampden ?.

As it has not been officially announced yet, I would not expect any comment at this stage. I would hope & expect that he is involved in discussions to ensure that any disruption to QP is kept to a minimum.
The reality of the situation is that the interests of QPFC will be a long way down the list of priorities of those making these decisions. Rangers have power and influence (& money) way beyond our wee team. The SFA will also be conscious of the opportunity to relieve them of some of that money.

In addition, I would imagine the Polis are less than enamoured with the idea of 50k Rangers fans descending on Edinburgh in the middle of the festival.

No one seems to know the terms of our agreement with the SFA but even if these terms did allow us to dig our heels in and say -  " we have first dibs on Hampden & RFC will need to fit their games around our schedule" - that might not be wise if, as seems certain, we will be relying on the "goodwill" of the SFA to allow us to continue to play at Hampden for the foreseeable future. 

So whatever is required will be done to allow Rangers to play at Hampden. the best we can hope for is as little disruption to our fixtures as possible and as much compensation as possible for any disruption that is deemed necessary.

Not saying any of this is fair - but then the world is not fair.

On a side note it seems to me there is a 3rd stadium that would be perfectly suitable for Rangers to share on a temporary basis - towards the East of the city. It seems odd that that has never been considered. 😉

36 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

As it has not been officially announced yet, I would not expect any comment at this stage. I would hope & expect that he is involved in discussions to ensure that any disruption to QP is kept to a minimum.
The reality of the situation is that the interests of QPFC will be a long way down the list of priorities of those making these decisions. Rangers have power and influence (& money) way beyond our wee team. The SFA will also be conscious of the opportunity to relieve them of some of that money.

In addition, I would imagine the Polis are less than enamoured with the idea of 50k Rangers fans descending on Edinburgh in the middle of the festival.

No one seems to know the terms of our agreement with the SFA but even if these terms did allow us to dig our heels in and say -  " we have first dibs on Hampden & RFC will need to fit their games around our schedule" - that might not be wise if, as seems certain, we will be relying on the "goodwill" of the SFA to allow us to continue to play at Hampden for the foreseeable future. 

So whatever is required will be done to allow Rangers to play at Hampden. the best we can hope for is as little disruption to our fixtures as possible and as much compensation as possible for any disruption that is deemed necessary.

Not saying any of this is fair - but then the world is not fair.

On a side note it seems to me there is a 3rd stadium that would be perfectly suitable for Rangers to share on a temporary basis - towards the East of the city. It seems odd that that has never been considered. 😉

I agree with much of this and I am personally relaxed about the odd Friday night game but it will harm attendances at Hampden as far flung away fans will struggle to get there after work.  The trick will be to factor that in and alter the schedule to minimise the negative impact or offer us some form of compensation.

1 hour ago, QP MAD said:

Any comments from our club president yet ….would expect a statement over another club using Hampden ?.

I think that we are about to be shafted. When we were at Firhill it proved that two teams cannot share a pitch in our climate without causing damage to the surface. If Rangers and the SFA come to an agreement we will be moved on. While we will surely receive compensation we will have to share an artificial park with someone. Who is available Airdrie or Livingstone I ask. I hope that I will be proved wrong but I doubt it.

Had a look through the QP and Rangers league fixture lists and came up with the following clashes:

October 5th   QP v Hamilton; Rangers v St Johnstone

October 26th QP v Partick Th; Rangers v St Mirren

November 9th  QP v Dunfermline; Rangers v Hearts

November 23rd  QP v Falkirk; Rangers v Dundee Utd

December 21st  QP v Raith Rovers; Rangers v Dundee

Remarkably there are no other clashes after December. I know that Rangers are expecting to be back in Ibrox well before Christmas but we QP fans are old hands as far as botched stadium projects are concerned and we know how promised dates of completion can slip and slip and slip and .... come to think of it we're still waiting.