The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Probably for the best that Paton is joining Port Vale over Mansfield Town, mainly as "Mansfield" is a longer word and I'm not confident he would have spelled it correctly on his next barely legible homemade t shirt.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Early days but I think Rudden will do fine for The Spiders this season and will be among the top scorers in the league.

Not sure what happened at Raith but he seemed to be played in a few positions. They have their own system and maybe it didn't help him get amongst the goals?

If he plays as the number 9 for Queen's Park, he will be focused on what he's best at having a crack at goal. 

Has a good presence and decent turn of pace. Links up fairly well with other forwards.

Always struck me as a confidence kind of player. So if playing in his preferred role and getting some decent service he will be just fine 

Understandably a blow losing Paton but that just creates an opportunity for someone else and I feel Rudden is capable of taking that chance.

Zak Rudden is a wage thief and if he does anything for queens it will be a miracle.

5 minutes ago, MENTALFATHER79 said:

Zak Rudden is a wage thief and if he does anything for queens it will be a miracle.

People said the same thing when we signed Cillian Sheridan and Davidson managed to get 4 goals and 6 assists out of him in 12 games. It was only Peterhead, but Zak managed to score and set another up on his debut yesterday too; get another striker in (which we're apparently trying to do) and I'm confident he can contribute for us.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Jacques Heraghty on trial with us. Looked OK on Tuesday vs Hearts B. Good distribution, not much chance with goals. Any thoughts from the QP troops. 

He is imo a promising keeper. He had one dodgy game in the Glasgow cup and was harshly dealt with. Was on loan at Annan for a while, I  think that if you sign him he will not let you down. As a wee extra he is a very nice and polite young man.

5 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

People said the same thing when we signed Cillian Sheridan and Davidson managed to get 4 goals and 6 assists out of him in 12 games. It was only Peterhead, but Zak managed to score and set another up on his debut yesterday too; get another striker in (which we're apparently trying to do) and I'm confident he can contribute for us.

Hope you’re correct but highly doubt it.   Sheridan has scored goals everywhere he’s been and consistent where rudden is a wongun .

8 minutes ago, MENTALFATHER79 said:

Hope you’re correct but highly doubt it.   Sheridan has scored goals everywhere he’s been and consistent where rudden is a wongun .

He hadn't scored in about 3 and a half years before coming here though, I'm cautiously optimistic about Rudden.

19 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

He is imo a promising keeper. He had one dodgy game in the Glasgow cup and was harshly dealt with. Was on loan at Annan for a while, I  think that if you sign him he will not let you down. As a wee extra he is a very nice and polite young man.

I agree. I was sorry to see him leave.

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He hadn't scored in about 3 and a half years before coming here though, I'm cautiously optimistic about Rudden.

My mistake sorry thought he scores minimum 6 goals a season 😂 but last few season was not very good until queens  last season👍

6 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Jacques Heraghty on trial with us. Looked OK on Tuesday vs Hearts B. Good distribution, not much chance with goals. Any thoughts from the QP troops. 

He'll do fine.  Better than average goalie based on his performances for us and he's still a young lad.  Regular football out on loan previously brought him on quite a bit.

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Probably for the best that Paton is joining Port Vale over Mansfield Town, mainly as "Mansfield" is a longer word and I'm not confident he would have spelled it correctly on his next barely legible homemade t shirt.

Reminding us once again of the racist allegations against Airdrie fans.  Good job.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Reminding us once again of the racist allegations against Airdrie fans.  Good job.

Key word "allegations", if you want to be more accurate "unfounded allegations" would cover it, but don't, much like Ruari, let that stop you.

6 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Not sure what happened at Raith but he seemed to be played in a few positions. 

I'd argue the opposite. He was only used as a lone striker, and seemed completely unsuited to it. Perpetually offside, unable to win headers, not controlling the ball or holding it up to bring others into the game. 

If you can get a second striker alongside him and significantly limit the amount of time he spends with his back to goal, you might get a lot more joy out of him. 

43 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Key word "allegations", if you want to be more accurate "unfounded allegations" would cover it, but don't, much like Ruari, let that stop you.

Airdrie are consistently one of the most problematic groups of supporters in the country; if we're being realistic, allegations of racism should probably just be assumed to be true unless proven false rather than the other way around.

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'd argue the opposite. He was only used as a lone striker, and seemed completely unsuited to it. Perpetually offside, unable to win headers, not controlling the ball or holding it up to bring others into the game. 

If you can get a second striker alongside him and significantly limit the amount of time he spends with his back to goal, you might get a lot more joy out of him. 

Think that’s the plan if last season was anything to go by. Sheridan and Paton (I realise Rudden isn’t Paton) were brilliant together and I really hope Davidson sticks with the setup. His interview when we signed Rudden was very encouraging talking about “another 3 or 4 signings) so hopefully one’s a striker. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Airdrie are consistently one of the most problematic groups of supporters in the country; if we're being realistic, allegations of racism should probably just be assumed to be true unless proven false rather than the other way around.

Jeezo. That is a wild take. You're clearly absolutely serious as well.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I have this song coming to mind... can't quite remember the lyrics

"everybody hates fucking... "
I can't mind the rest, maybe you could help?

15 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Jeezo. That is a wild take. You're clearly absolutely serious as well.

I'm absolutely not serious however, the point is there's a reason so many people will always assume an allegation like that against Airdrie fans is true. Your club has a serious problem.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

I'm absolutely not serious however, the point is there's a reason so many people will always assume an allegation like that against Airdrie fans is true. Your club has a serious problem.

So not serious, but essentially doubling down with a watered down version of the original point of "all Airdrie fans are guilty of any negative accusations automatically" right after it? 

Gotcha